Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

billy slater

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#21 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:49 AM

I was at the club, the boys were partying hard and billy had one to many wines.

Which club was it?

#22 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 901 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

They must be.
Withdrawing money from an ATM
Going back to get your Jacket.

Nobody goes out around Manchester in a jacket, this obviously brought attention to himself sparking a heated row as to whether he was just 'showing off' which ended badly!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Edited by LOYALION, 11 November 2013 - 11:10 AM.

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#23 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

They should keep doing what they're doing.

#24 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

Which club was it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...hester-24896259

BBC Website says The Mojo Bar in Bridge Street

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#25 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:35 AM

So a young man, one of the best players in the world goes into a nightclub in our country, is attacked and then questioned about the incident.
Subsequently he is shown to be the victim and people on here gloat.
What a way to welcome visitors who have royally entertained us.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#26 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

So a young man, one of the best players in the world goes into a nightclub in our country, is attacked and then questioned about the incident.
Subsequently he is shown to be the victim and people on here gloat.
What a way to welcome visitors who have royally entertained us.

He's an Aussie and therefore fair game for a a bit of ridicule.

#27 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 703 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

Report in The Mail says that he was getting his coat at 02:40. If I was part of the Australian management team this would be the part of the incident that I would be most concerned about as one of their elite athletes is prepared to disrupt his sleep pattern.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#28 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

Report in The Mail says that he was getting his coat at 02:40. If I was part of the Australian management team this would be the part of the incident that I would be most concerned about as one of their elite athletes is prepared to disrupt his sleep pattern.

They get free days on tour though.

Already a few tourists are feeling homesick, it has to be a balance.

Has does the England camp enforce curfews when they have allowed players to return home between matches in some cases?

#29 barnyia

barnyia
  • Coach
  • 364 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

They don't seem to have an alcohol ban or curfew so he's done nothing wrong!

#30 Chanter

Chanter
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

HAJAHAHHHAJAJAHAHAHA

I fail to see what is funny about this incident to be honest. 

We have had an exceptional World Cup so far, so what do Sky and the BBC report? great games, great crowds, great comradery?  No, a  punch up in a nightclub.

It only highlights how eager they are to knock RL and incidents like this don't help at all, they just fuel anti League bias

#31 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,511 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

They don't seem to have an alcohol ban or curfew so he's done nothing wrong!

Indeed. I for one am more than happy for them all to keep partying hard on this tour. :D

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#32 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

Good job they're not based in Newcastle, he'd have probably got into a fight for having a coat

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#33 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 901 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

I fail to see what is funny about this incident to be honest.

We have had an exceptional World Cup so far, so what do Sky and the BBC report? great games, great crowds, great comradery? No, a punch up in a nightclub.

It only highlights how eager they are to knock RL and incidents like this don't help at all, they just fuel anti League bias

Because if it was one of our lads in Oz the media would be demanding his immediate extradition and scouring his disciplinary record!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#34 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

I fail to see what is funny about this incident to be honest. 

We have had an exceptional World Cup so far, so what do Sky and the BBC report? great games, great crowds, great comradery?  No, a  punch up in a nightclub.

It only highlights how eager they are to knock RL and incidents like this don't help at all, they just fuel anti League bias

I hope Billy Slater presses charges as the plice invited him to do.

This would mean more coverage but also show that some scrote took it upon himself to have a go and (as usual) the player has no option to defend himself.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#35 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

another example of something that was prob "something and nothing" been blown out of all proportion by blanket news media, twitter , forumsetc etc, you prob wouldn't have even heard about it 10 years ago, lets get on with the game

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#36 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 767 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

Good job they're not based in Newcastle, he'd have probably got into a fight for having a coat

That's very funny!!

#37 Simmo

Simmo
  • Banned
  • 548 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

I didn't say that but robbed and in a fight in only a couple of weeks sounds a bit unlucky for a small group of players, I doubt they are in the nightclub every night.

I am pretty positive the English team should stop going anywhere there is Alcohol.

I have been going to Manchester for almost 40 years, and I have managed to stay away from being mugged.

Oh. sorry, I just realised i disagreed with you. Off you go to report me now. Go on then.

#38 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

They get free days on tour though.
Already a few tourists are feeling homesick, it has to be a balance.

Has does the England camp enforce curfews when they have allowed players to return home between matches in some cases?

Let's hope the Aussies are enjoying the weather as well.

#39 Crunchers Dad

Crunchers Dad
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:54 PM

As somebody who used to drink with a handful of RL players in the 80's, Mountains and Molehills.

#40 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:08 AM

What a total non news story...Rugby player goes out has a few drinks and gets into a bit of a scuffle. Happens in every northern town every weekend, and laughed about in every Sunday club the days after. Rubbish Journalism from HM Gutter Press!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users