• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#121 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:07 AM

Grow up

You really shouldn't bite like that.....

Sir Kevin would have either:

A. Used his amazing leadership skills to defuse the situation.

B. Walked away (his now famous lack of pace preventing him from running away).

C. Started a free for all and gone in 3rd or 4th man to maintain his legendary defensive reputation.

D. Thrown the offending coat on the floor and getting all the players he was out with to dance round it prompting the resident DJ to say "he clearly is the worst dancer in the squad but its worth him being here just for the way he led the team around the parka...."

#122 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,053 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:31 AM

You really shouldn't bite like that.....

Sir Kevin would have either:

A. Used his amazing leadership skills to defuse the situation.

B. Walked away (his now famous lack of pace preventing him from running away).

C. Started a free for all and gone in 3rd or 4th man to maintain his legendary defensive reputation.

D. Thrown the offending coat on the floor and getting all the players he was out with to dance round it prompting the resident DJ to say "he clearly is the worst dancer in the squad but its worth him being here just for the way he led the team around the parka...."

:D
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#123 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

I agree.

Slater could have just waited in the queue, same as everyone else, instead of trying to jump the queue which is apparently what triggered the slap in the first place.

I don't think there is anything wrong at all in asking teh bounver if you can nip back inside to get a jacket you have left, probably an expensive jacket. I've done the same and bouncers never have a problem with it. Would you begrudge someone that. If you were in a queue and someone did teh same, would you tell them to get to the bakc of the queue or be reasonable and see they just want to nip in and retrieve there jacket before it got pinched? Or I presume you would slap them.

#124 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:37 AM

Did the drunk guy know slater had left his jacket? Your looking at footage without sound.

Well from the body language I'd say he is explaining somethng to teh guy and trying to difffuse the situation. Or perhaps as you say without sound we don;t know maybe he was saying "shut up you little scrote, I'm Bliiy Slater don't yer know, I don't have to queue, I'm telling the bouncer I'm going to get my jacket but actually I'm gonna go in and dance and chat up your women, and I can cos I'm Billy Slater I don't have to queue like you nobody's, hah hah you mug...ouch"

Looks the more likely situation. nasty Billy deserved what he got. Chrge him throw away the key. Arrogant Aussie get, all the same them lot.

#125 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

We need to remember that there was beer involved..... Common sense ceases to be a factor

#126 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

http://www.sportingl...o-select-slater

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users