TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Had Sky covered the World Cup

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

Afraid I think the ref cam is a bit gimicky.

But really like how Premier and BBC let us listen to the video judge ( and it makes them more accountable as well ) instead of putting up with a couple of minutes listening to Stevo shouting his overpowering opinions repeatedly into the mike. " It's a try for mine ! " etc.. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!! one day I will put my foot through the screen or worse  :wild:  

I would prefer if they cut the audio before we hear the VR say whether it's a try or not. I like finding out at the same time as the crowd

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#62 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

Sky not covering the RLWC?

Pros:
No E&S

No terrible infographics - Clarkey's stuff is interesting & relavent but it's made pointless by terrible presentation. Someone missed the key point that the info is more important than the graphics

Vossy = instant legend. Amusing, not prone to hyperbole while still being enthusiastic, calls the game as it's going not dwelling on an irellavent moment 10 mins ago and only talks in the positive - great play not rubbish defence

All the games on TV, miss one, it's repeated loads

Games on the BBC

Cons:
Inferior camera numbers (no worse coverage though)

Smalller subscriber base - in theory, but since Virgin Media gave Prem Sports free to everyone I'd say it might be suddenly a lot larger

That's it.

On the whole if Premier Sports could afford to pinch Superleague of Sky I'd be pretty happy
Failing that just ditch E&S

#63 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 981 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

I would have liked a programme summarising the games gone and previewing the games to come in between the rounds

#64 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

I would have liked a programme summarising the games gone and previewing the games to come in between the rounds

The daily BBC podcast has been quite good. Though sometimes, they're only about 11 minutes.

#65 Finn

Finn
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:26 AM

Yes, and amazingly it seems to be possible for both teams to be playing well, poorly or indifferently at the same time. I thought I'd learnt from Sky that one team was always running the show with a good kicking game and their opponent all over the shop.

Although that could turn around quickly with a try from the team previously all over the shop, possibly following a message going out from the furious coach.

Twenty years of Sky summed up in two short paragraphs. Brilliant!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users