Manchester rlfc

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

I fail to be convinced that, based on one line in the evening news, John Kidd is deliberately dismantling our club
I have heard a rumour regarding the investors in the Manchester team and ourselves but it doesn't involve a merger a name change or any besmirching (!!)

It would be nice to hear something but this silent approach appears to be Mr Kidds way and I truly believe that the tight lips of the Trust are more of a positive indication than anything.

The good wishes are always welcome. ..as are all opinions. Perhaps if the twenty plus thousand people who claimed to have watched us at Station Rd still attended games or the many strong critics who stay away now still contributed financially as easily as they do verbally things might be a bit clearer.

#22 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

Will someone from the trust post on here later on this evening what was said at tonights meeting? at least those whom can't attend wont be none the wiser as to whats happening one way or the other, my one question would be to the current owners, are we going to have a team next season and if so where will we be playing and whom will be financing it/providing the squad, nothing short of totally honest and frank answers will do as many of us are sick of the same old announcements year in year out and NONE ever coming to fruition.

#23 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

Don't you think you people are being left in the dark regarding your great club. I am a Yorkshire man but years ago I used to visit my Aunty Millie who was the licensee of a workingman's  club in Swinton and was a very active member of the clubs backroom staff and was Swinton mad and seeing what is happening at the club would im sure be so upset so I do hope everything turns out for the best and the great name of Swinton rlfc live on.

Thanks Tyke

:sungum:

#24 lancaster Lion

lancaster Lion
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

I just want to know the truth. It is as simple as that. What are the facts ?

#25 Robthegasman

Robthegasman
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

I just want to know the truth. It is as simple as that. What are the facts ?

Everybody wants the truth.In my opinion for far too long the powers that be at Swinton have been economical with the truth shall we say.Well in my opinion those who still go,and credit to you all do not deserve this nonsense,you deserve to be told the truth warts an all.I think the fact that the directors and powers that be aren't telling the fans what is really going on shows to me that they have nothing but contempt and no respect whatsoever for the fans,and that is sad,and if the directors are reading my comments here THAT IS EXACTLY WHY THE ATTENDANCES ARE POOR.IF SWINTON RLFC SURVIVE AND YOU ARE STILL IN CHARGE,THEN START BEING HONEST WITH THE FANS AND YOU MIGHT FIND THAT ATTENDANCES WILL START TO RISE.

#26 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

Everybody wants the truth.In my opinion for far too long the powers that be at Swinton have been economical with the truth shall we say.Well in my opinion those who still go,and credit to you all do not deserve this nonsense,you deserve to be told the truth warts an all.I think the fact that the directors and powers that be aren't telling the fans what is really going on shows to me that they have nothing but contempt and no respect whatsoever for the fans,and that is sad,and if the directors are reading my comments here THAT IS EXACTLY WHY THE ATTENDANCES ARE POOR.IF SWINTON RLFC SURVIVE AND YOU ARE STILL IN CHARGE,THEN START BEING HONEST WITH THE FANS AND YOU MIGHT FIND THAT ATTENDANCES WILL START TO RISE.

I couldn't agree more rob, anyone got news of whats been said at tonights meeting good news or bad the fans deserve to know the truth NOW.

#27 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

A statement will be released by the trust in due course.

#28 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

What happened at the meeting tonight then?.

#29 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

Julian

Please read MARSYS post !!!

#30 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

I would confirm the above statement from marshy1 - WATCH THIS SPACE!

#31 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:08 PM

Any one would be forgiven for thinking the meetings outcome is secret, mind you nothing new with a lack of info i suppose.

#32 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

Is this an “official” posting from a member of the Supporters Trust committee who attended the meeting? If so I find it’s terse nature annoying and frustrating. At the very least give us an idea of when we are going to be given more information.

The Club’s handling of sharing information with fans has been inept and alienating. Are the Trust going to make the same mistake?

Edited by dummy scissors, 12 November 2013 - 11:17 PM.

#33 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

#34 Furryenzo

Furryenzo
  • Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:06 AM

Fair enough if there is to be a statement made, but could we at least have some sort of indication whether it was positive? negative? even if the details are revealed later?

Im only smiling because `no-one`'s found the bodies yet.

#35 Peewagg

Peewagg
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:43 AM

Since WHEN did Neil Barker, or anyone at M.E.N. Write ANYTHING sensible or newsworthy about Swinton Lions?

#36 lancaster Lion

lancaster Lion
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:20 AM

Please can the Trust confirm a date that the statement will be provided.

#37 kingspeedbump

kingspeedbump
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

Obviously we've no idea of the outcome of last night, or nor do we know if we need to be fighting for the club.  Maybe we need to be letting the wider rugby community know our position.  A simple starting point could well be a bucket collect at the World Cup Quarter Final this weekend.  Friday @ Leeds, Saturday @ Wigan and Sunday @ Warrington.  Post out on all of the SL and Championship teams forums to spread the word that we need some help, and that any contribution could go a long way (maybe some coverage with North West Tonight, Talk Sport etc.).  I think it could be a perfect opportunity as there will be a lot of people through the turnstiles this weekend.  I have some contacts at the RFL, to see if approval is needed to do this.

#38 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:21 AM

The Trust, first and foremost, is accountable to it's membership. Unlike the club, it has procedures in place, is democratic and has a duty to communicate with it's subscribers. It's only right and proper that they follow such guidance and principles, which are embedded in it's governing documents, rather than issuing a rash statement without a mandate.

I know everyone wants to find out what's going on; I'm sure we all will. After all, if the news is bad, it's in the best interests of the Trust to grow it's membership base as much as possible.

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#39 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

Since WHEN did Neil Barker, or anyone at M.E.N. Write ANYTHING sensible or newsworthy about Swinton Lions?

Agree, not since Jack McNamara hung up his typewriter.

#40 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

The Trust, first and foremost, is accountable to it's membership. Unlike the club, it has procedures in place, is democratic and has a duty to communicate with it's subscribers. It's only right and proper that they follow such guidance and principles, which are embedded in it's governing documents, rather than issuing a rash statement without a mandate.

I know everyone wants to find out what's going on; I'm sure we all will. After all, if the news is bad, it's in the best interests of the Trust to grow it's membership base as much as possible.

Interesting point Jonty. Im a member of the trust and with that I'm happy to rely on Marshy saying a statement will be released in due course. I would suggest that this isn't a statement from the Trust its merely him passing on a fact.
I doubt very much that the Trust ever expected to be in a position like this regardless of its mandate.
I don't think its hard working officials need to be dragged into any mud slinging regarding their responsibilities

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users