Manchester rlfc

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#41 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

Interesting point Jonty. Im a member of the trust and with that I'm happy to rely on Marshy saying a statement will be released in due course. I would suggest that this isn't a statement from the Trust its merely him passing on a fact.
I doubt very much that the Trust ever expected to be in a position like this regardless of its mandate.
I don't think its hard working officials need to be dragged into any mud slinging regarding their responsibilities

Agree. As the only structured group of supporters, the elected officials need time to consider any next step properly, whatever that may be, rather than reacting to demands from non-members.

As a lapsed member myself, they have no responsibility to keep me informed, nor should I expect it. Their membership comes first, and potential membership second.

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#42 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

Quite right Mark, the reason for the delay is that The Chair of the trust is out of the country on business ( you know that's how we all survive) and subsequently it's right and proper he knows what is going on and agrees any release.

#43 Peewagg

Peewagg
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

Interesting point Jonty. Im a member of the trust and with that I'm happy to rely on Marshy saying a statement will be released in due course. I would suggest that this isn't a statement from the Trust its merely him passing on a fact.
I doubt very much that the Trust ever expected to be in a position like this regardless of its mandate.
I don't think its hard working officials need to be dragged into any mud slinging regarding their responsibilities

Spot on, Mark.

#44 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 272 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

Quite right Mark, the reason for the delay is that The Chair of the trust is out of the country on business ( you know that's how we all survive) and subsequently it's right and proper he knows what is going on and agrees any release.

I don't know who is and who isn't a member of the Trust committee anymore except for the people who put their names on the annual reports/subscription renewal requests sent out to trust members i.e the Chairman and the Membership Secretary. 

The post put on the forum last night by Marshy1, whether he is just the messenger or a member of the committee, could easily have contained the explaination of an understandable delay to a release of information. 

It would still be nice to have some idea of when a release might be forthcoming.  Of course the Club should front up and give an update.

#45 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

I don't know who is and who isn't a member of the Trust committee anymore except for the people who put their names on the annual reports/subscription renewal requests sent out to trust members i.e the Chairman and the Membership Secretary. 

The post put on the forum last night by Marshy1, whether he is just the messenger or a member of the committee, could easily have contained the explaination of an understandable delay to a release of information. 

It would still be nice to have some idea of when a release might be forthcoming.  Of course the Club should front up and give an update.

Don't build your hopes up on getting an update from the club, they don't exactly have a good track record on that front, wonder if they informed the trust before liquidating the club last time wiping out the trusts shares overnight. Might be happening again for all we know, typical lions owners past n maybe present letting the fans know whats going on last.

#46 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

Wayne English has posted on facebook that he fears for our club and other ex players too have voiced their concerns ie, no ground, no players, no coach, no money, no info, looking for new investors is going to be hard as what have  they got to invest in?.

#47 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 585 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:48 PM

"what have they got to invest in?"

Surely the positive "can-do" attitude of the supporters is worth something! ;)

#48 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

Just heard off a player/sources whom will remain anonymous, that the kids are going and new investors taking over, I wonder whom they are?.

#49 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

"what have they got to invest in?"

Surely the positive "can-do" attitude of the supporters is worth something! ;)

Well said Paul!

#50 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 946 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

Just heard off a player/sources whom will remain anonymous, that the kids are going and new investors taking over, I wonder whom they are?.

Didn't they tell you? Why anonymous? You're worse than the Kidds!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#51 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

Our most valueable asset is without doubt our membership of the RFL

#52 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

Didn't they tell you? Why anonymous? You're worse than the Kidds!

I was told in confidence, and asked not to mention their names, it isn't rocket science to work out what's going to happen, it has already been mentioned on this forum, lets hope the new owners don't race away, saved by the bell, enough clues for now just read between my A J lines.

Edited by juliancaine, 13 November 2013 - 11:06 PM.

#53 Peewagg

Peewagg
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

I was told in confidence, and asked not to mention their names, it isn't rocket science to work out what's going to happen, it has already been mentioned on this forum, lets hope the new owners don't race away, saved by the bell, enough clues for now just read between my A J lines.

There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: when he can't afford it, and when he can.
Mark Twain

#54 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

Its MR KOUKASH who is the investor looking over swinton lions, I for one will not be happy being a feeder team to the pinks, its going to be bad enough being a feeder team to the pinks but playing at the home of our rivals is the straw that has broken the camels back for me, mind you I suppose its  just a bit better than going out of exsistance altogether.  Wonder how its gonna sit with the rfl, if he ends up owning two clubs.

#55 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:24 PM

With the two teams in different divisions I don't see a problem. To scoff at investment from Mr Koucash would be the height of madness does no one else think that investment from Mr Koucash could be the best thing that has ever happened to the club. I think he has stated clearly that he wanted to build local rivalries that would only happen with significant investment in our club. You don't build local rivalry by amalgamating clubs or changing their names.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#56 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

It would be utter madness to turn his investment down if that is indeed where it is coming from.

Edited by TIM THE LION, 15 November 2013 - 10:28 PM.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#57 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 946 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:50 PM

Its MR KOUKASH who is the investor looking over swinton lions, I for one will not be happy being a feeder team to the pinks, its going to be bad enough being a feeder team to the pinks but playing at the home of our rivals is the straw that has broken the camels back for me, mind you I suppose its just a bit better than going out of exsistance altogether. Wonder how its gonna sit with the rfl, if he ends up owning two clubs.

Thats hardly an imaginative rumour, which is all that it is at the moment!
Do you rant and stress about everything you hear Julian?

You may not like the idea but then again you have no idea what he has in mind and how much he may wish to invest.

As has been asked by the Trust, pipe down till we know the FACTS!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#58 Peewagg

Peewagg
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

Thats hardly an imaginative rumour, which is all that it is at the moment!
Do you rant and stress about everything you hear Julian?
You may not like the idea but then again you have no idea what he has in mind and how much he may wish to invest.
As has been asked by the Trust, pipe down till we know the FACTS!

Wise words.

#59 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:42 AM

Julian's problem is he can't, he looks for the worst case scenario in everything connected to Swinton.....but fails to do his homework. Get the facts Julian or please just shut up till you get an update from Neil Barker.

#60 Robthegasman

Robthegasman
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

If it is Mr Koukash(which I personally think it is),and if he is taking over Swinton RLFC with the best intentions,ie keeping the identity of the club and ensuring a healthy and hopefully prosperous future for Swinton RLFC then I think it has to be welcomed with open arms.As for suggestions about being a feeder club,well it is inevitable I think that if a Championship club has a very good player who has the potential to play at SL level for whoever will be rightly given his dream chance.OK granted different sport but Ajax produce some very good players and inevitably they move to a PL or La Liga club yet Ajax are still alive and well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users