TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Why locked/shut threads on PC topic's

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

This is a forum for people to speak there mind's yet subject's/thread's are stopped/locked and people giving warning's yet I have not seen any over the top comment's but it seems there is a few who are ultra sensitive unless it's there agenda and it's ok plus as a newbie i have had a few low shot's and a bit of bullying.

Anyone back me up before I get a total ban as I thought we had freedom of speech and can not see any real hatred from all posters.

For the good of the game.

#2 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

It's nowt to do with the good of the game.  This is a fairly good community of people, we just like to kick out the frothy-mouthed ones occasionally and bar the doors.

Often if there's a locked thread then we've deleted the worst of the posts, I'll certainly not leave anything too objectionable behind if I'm moderating.

Also, there's no such thing as "free speech" on here or indeed nearly anywhere, you agreed to abide by the Terms and Conditions of Use.  You can post almost anything you want on here but it has to follow those terms and conditions.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#3 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

PC?

I drive a mac.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#4 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

PC?

I drive a mac.

I have to write some posts from my PC as my Mac is far too liberal to deal with some things that go on on this forum.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#5 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,836 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

I'll consider myself bollocked then.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#6 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

But this ain't Storm Front or some Soccer mug's threads yet you seem to have your own agenda's and for swearing it's blocked out so why.

What I didn't like was how you got rid of the Tommy Robinson leaving the EDL thread as that was a popular and we need other peoples views on stuff like that.

I am sorry if you think I am a thick, mouthy thug but I ain't.

#7 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

I am sorry if you think I am a thick, mouthy thug but I ain't.

How could anyone draw that conclusion?

#8 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,836 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

The Moderator's word is final.

Honestly, it's best that way.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#9 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

How could anyone draw that conclusion?

See snide little bitchy comments ###### me off yet you don't get banned for that… 

#10 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

See snide little bitchy comments ###### me off yet you don't get banned for that… 

I don't think for one second that you're thick.  Does that help?

#11 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

The Moderator's word is final.

Honestly, it's best that way.

And so is the Mullah's of Iran etc.

Jesus (or Allah) but this is a forum for talk about Sport and also what is going on in the world be it war/food/drink and music and it shouldn't be about censorship or an old boys network.

#12 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

I don't think for one second that you're thick.  Does that help?

Yeah true..if thats the case no harm done.

#13 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,643 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

This is a forum for people to speak there mind's yet subject's/thread's are stopped/locked and people giving warning's yet I have not seen any over the top comment's but it seems there is a few who are ultra sensitive unless it's there agenda and it's ok plus as a newbie i have had a few low shot's and a bit of bullying.

Anyone back me up before I get a total ban as I thought we had freedom of speech and can not see any real hatred from all posters.

For the good of the game.

We have freedom of speech but not free speech there are laws about what you can say about people

Within this forum which is private property the owners of which are responsible for its content there are additional rules about behaviour. These rules are freely available for your perusal

You have a choice 

Accept them or use another forum 

You've dished a few licensors out yourself and I've defended you when they have been dished out to you so don't come the victim 

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#14 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:30 PM

We have freedom of speech but not free speech there are laws about what you can say about people

Within this forum which is private property the owners of which are responsible for its content there are additional rules about behaviour. These rules are freely available for your perusal

You have a choice 

Accept them or use another forum 

You've dished a few licensors out yourself and I've defended you when they have been dished out to you so don't come the victim 

Fair play but if like myself I say something that people think it's a bit wrong etc well at least give me a pm to say that I am wrong alongside me given my reason, then there be no problem.

And thank you for defending me.

#15 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,643 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

Fair play but if like myself I say something that people think it's a bit wrong etc well at least give me a pm to say that I am wrong alongside me given my reason, then there be no problem.

And thank you for defending me.

That's a job for the moderators poor bu ggers

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#16 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,512 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

Guys...look at us. .squabbling. ..bickering. ..we never used to be like this!

.....yes we did, we've always been like this.

:D

#17 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

Also, there's no such thing as "free speech" on here or indeed nearly anywhere, you agreed to abide by the Terms and Conditions of Use.  You can post almost anything you want on here but it has to follow those terms and conditions.

This. A thousand times, this. Will the message ever get through? I begin to wonder, looking at some of the comments in this thread alone which quite clearly break the T&Cs but which, on this occasion, I am going to overlook for the purposes of making a point.

The Terms & Conditions of Use on here are like the Highway Code. Full of rules all of which you might not remember all the time, but which are there to try and ensure everything runs as smoothly as possible for most of the people most of the time and avoid anyone getting hurt.

Also, like the Highway Code, you may get away with a minor indiscretion or two if no one spots you, but that doesn't make it right or worth risking repeating until you eventually do get caught.

And if you do get caught breaking the rules, it's tough luck. Take the penalty and stop moaning about it. It's your responsibility - at all times -  to ensure your own posts comply with our rules, and to report posts by others which you think might be breaking the rules.

Most people manage to post on here without any problems whatsoever, while still managing to express often controversial or contrary opinions on all manner of subjects, so we know our rules and our approach to moderation work well and have stood the test of time. We won't be changing it.

Anyone who can't accept our rules, well, we'd rather you just cleared off of your own accord and use another forum which doesn't mind if you swear, troll, slag other people off or make racist/sexist comments. TotalRL.com won't miss you.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users