Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

BBC2 - Sunday 17th November - 14:30-17:00

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:08 AM

you can always buy a ticket and watch the game live

This ^^^^^^^^In fact take the family :)

#42 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

you can always buy a ticket and watch the game live

Bit far from London on a Sunday afternoon for me 😛

Will watch it on Premier, I was just hoping it'd be a bit more exposure for the game. Also would have been interesting to see Scotland v SA Union and Samoa v Fiji League go head to head on BBC.

#43 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:26 AM

I'd rather watch PT109, than Scotland v Saffas at Yawnion

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#44 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 327 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

BBC One advertised the union internationals both before and after the news tonight. No mention of the quarter final grrr.

#45 Perry M

Perry M
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

Head of BBC Sport barbara.slater@bbc.co.uk or if your in scotland & want to drop them an email to complain why they are showing ###### all its ewan.angus@bbc.co.uk

#46 Crunchers Dad

Crunchers Dad
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

Thank Perry,

My reply to Barbara Slater:

Dear Barbara,

I am sending you this to state my complaint, as regards to the lack of coverage of the Rugby League World Cup on the BBC.
5live and Xtra are presenting a wonderful array of programmes, covering the game throughout the UK & Ireland. But you would be hard pressed to find any credible coverage on the mainstream TV channels.
The games have been played out to full stadiums, great family atmospheres and with the best entertaining rugby seen anywhere. But the BBC have missed a trick here, by not showing any other games live other than England & the occasional Wales game.
A perfect case in point is on Sunday, when Samoa & Fiji play a quarter final; which is anticipated to be one of the most competitive games of rugby this year. Why cannot the BBC entertain a deal with Premier sports to broadcast such a game?
It does disappoint me when we see such a lack of decent live sport on the BBC, when you where known the world over for it, the excellent Olympics a case in point.
Is there a bias at play here, because the game is portrayed (wrongly) as a Northern game, and often derided by commentators such as John Inverdale.
Anyway, I thank you for your time and if you are going to the Semi Finals at Wembley? Drop me a line and I would quite freely offer to explain the intricacies of 'The Greatest Game' to you.

Best regards

#47 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:29 PM

Thank Perry,

My reply to Barbara Slater:

Dear Barbara,

I am sending you this to state my complaint, as regards to the lack of coverage of the Rugby League World Cup on the BBC.
5live and Xtra are presenting a wonderful array of programmes, covering the game throughout the UK & Ireland. But you would be hard pressed to find any credible coverage on the mainstream TV channels.
The games have been played out to full stadiums, great family atmospheres and with the best entertaining rugby seen anywhere. But the BBC have missed a trick here, by not showing any other games live other than England & the occasional Wales game.
A perfect case in point is on Sunday, when Samoa & Fiji play a quarter final; which is anticipated to be one of the most competitive games of rugby this year. Why cannot the BBC entertain a deal with Premier sports to broadcast such a game?
It does disappoint me when we see such a lack of decent live sport on the BBC, when you where known the world over for it, the excellent Olympics a case in point.
Is there a bias at play here, because the game is portrayed (wrongly) as a Northern game, and often derided by commentators such as John Inverdale.
Anyway, I thank you for your time and if you are going to the Semi Finals at Wembley? Drop me a line and I would quite freely offer to explain the intricacies of 'The Greatest Game' to you.

Best regards

Did you use green ink?
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -