Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

16/11/13 - World Cup QF3: England v France (Wigan, KO 8pm)

• Please log in to reply
392 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. England by 21 points or more (30 votes [68.18%])

Percentage of vote: 68.18%

2. England by 11 to 20 points (10 votes [22.73%])

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

3. England by 1 to 10 points (3 votes [6.82%])

Percentage of vote: 6.82%

4. France by 1 to 10 points (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. France by 11 to 20 points (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. France by 21 points or more (1 votes [2.27%])

Percentage of vote: 2.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,717 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

Discuss World Cup QF3: England v France (Wigan, KO 8pm) here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

Pretty straightforward on what I've seen from France . Tough and full of effort but sadly lacking in the opposition third . This isn't the hit out we need before the Kiwis , and won't tell us much .

#3 RLX111

RLX111
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:03 PM

Pretty straightforward on what I've seen from France . Tough and full of effort but sadly lacking in the opposition third . This isn't the hit out we need before the Kiwis , and won't tell us muchC

If we faced Samoa would have many battered bodies-do we want that when New Zealand are next ?Conversely will New Zealand get a decent hit out versus Scotland?

#4 brooza

brooza
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

If we faced Samoa would have many battered bodies-do we want that when New Zealand are next ?Conversely will New Zealand get a decent hit out versus Scotland?

Before last night's match I was hoping to face France. As the match progressed, I was hoping for Samoa based on how many people are up in front of the disciplinary panel!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#5 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

Should be 40-0 , can't see France scoring, and they are going to be battered. Hopefully we'll go into the NZ game with no injuries and everything in place.

#6 MattSantos

MattSantos
  • Coach
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

Shame about the kick off time.

#7 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

scotland will be more competetive than france, only 2 tries and 15 points in 3 games is attrocious.

Edited by Viking Warrior, 12 November 2013 - 01:09 PM.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#8 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:18 PM

Why is it at such a weird time? I suppose it works out for me as it doesn't clash with the yawnion, but it doesn't look good that it is on BBC 2...

#9 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 619 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

Why is it at such a weird time? I suppose it works out for me as it doesn't clash with the yawnion, but it doesn't look good that it is on BBC 2...

I think it's probably to give people who want to take in both games plenty of time to get from Wrexham to Wigan and have a bite to eat, that's our plan anyhow

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#10 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

I think it's probably to give people who want to take in both games plenty of time to get from Wrexham to Wigan and have a bite to eat, that's our plan anyhow

And it's not a bad one either. Although all the bites to eat are in the DW. I would give my eye teeth for a Pooles pie.

#11 Tex Evans Thigh

Tex Evans Thigh
  • Coach
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

France ae awful and this will be a cricket score. They might score once if theyre lucky but to be frank they dont deserve to be in the quarter finals. Tonga, Italy and probably cook islands are bette and its only the quirky format and assumption that theyre one of the bigger nations that has saved them. Also the wind at craven park.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

Posted Image
MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "
Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

#12 barnyia

barnyia
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

Having been to both of France games over here I found they struggled against the size of the kiwis and Samoa, they defended well but couldn't win the collision,
If England play like the first half versus Fiji it could be close,

Meaning that if England don't score many tries as the French won't score many points,

Hopefully France show the same effort as last night,

#13 Banbury Wolf

Banbury Wolf
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

Under the circumstances - BBC flagship Sat evening shows firmly in place at the same time (Strictly, Atlantis) - BBC2 isn't all that bad.

#14 RLX111

RLX111
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

France ae awful and this will be a cricket score. They might score once if theyre lucky but to be frank they dont deserve to be in the quarter finals. Tonga, Italy and probably cook islands are bette and its only the quirky format and assumption that theyre one of the bigger nations that has saved them. Also the wind at craven park.

France probably agree with you to some extent but will do the best they can to win .

#15 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

Comfortable England win, after a few squeaky bum moments

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#16 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

Under the circumstances - BBC flagship Sat evening shows firmly in place at the same time (Strictly, Atlantis) - BBC2 isn't all that bad.

Oh I get that, but it's not all that good either. If England RU play at 8pm on a sat during the 6 nations, do you think that'd be on BBC2? I don't...

Meaning that if England don't score many tries as the French won't score many points,

Eh?

#17 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

It took the battering that Samoa was dishing out to get the French to respond, gladly they did, but their just not good enough to compete with anyone with determination and flair, I admired them for responding the manner in which they did but they were always second best by a mile and never looked like they could turn the game.

I am not looking forward to any of the quarter finals barring Samoa and Fiji, just hope the judiciary don't go and kill it as a contest before the KO, let em rip, this is the W/cup and they played it dirty admittedly but at least they made it look like a proper contest and one that they were determined to win.

V France rubbish I fear, won't advance the profile of the W/Cup at all I fear nor will the others two also.

#18 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,483 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:57 PM

It took the battering that Samoa was dishing out to get the French to respond, gladly they did, but their just not good enough to compete with anyone with determination and flair, I admired them for responding the manner in which they did but they were always second best by a mile and never looked like they could turn the game.

I am not looking forward to any of the quarter finals barring Samoa and Fiji, just hope the judiciary don't go and kill it as a contest before the KO, let em rip, this is the W/cup and they played it dirty admittedly but at least they made it look like a proper contest and one that they were determined to win.

V France rubbish I fear, won't advance the profile of the W/Cup at all I fear nor will the others two also.

2 Samoan players given 1 game bans Leeson Ah Mau (striking) + Sauaso Sue (tripping)

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#19 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

If England RU play at 8pm on a sat during the 6 nations, do you think that'd be on BBC2? I don't...

I do, because it does.

Posted Image

#20 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

when was that then?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users