League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

17/11/13 - World Cup QF4: Samoa v Fiji (Warrington, KO 3pm)

HOLD ON TIGHT IN WARRINGTON.

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Samoa by 21 points or more (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Samoa by 11 to 20 points (5 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

3. Samoa by 1 to 10 points (9 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

4. Fiji by 1 to 10 points (8 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

5. Fiji by 11 to 20 points (2 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

6. Fiji by 21 points or more (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:26 PM

I would imagine that they will appeal the trip. Who the hell has been banned for a trip in the last 20 years?

Exactly

I also noticed that Mose Masoe 2 hits on Bosc haven't been punished and rightly so.

#22 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,502 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:33 AM

I would imagine that they will appeal the trip. Who the hell has been banned for a trip in the last 20 years?

Jon Wilkin if memory serves.  But I think he was sent off rather than banned.  And had the game been played in SL during 2013 there would have been a sending off on this occasion too.

#23 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,869 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:10 AM

i think Premier have three qf's as exclusives. Pretty sure BBC cant add aditional games now.

#24 mt smart

mt smart
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

This will be a cracker.

The world cup format in future should look at a way of Samoa and Tonga playing against each other  , this is the next best thing.

I sense that the Samoan's believe they could beat Australia on their day ( they got a glimpse of what that looks like against NZ) whereas I doubt Fiji have that belief yet.

Therefore Samoa winning would be good.

If Samoa and Australia play , contrary to popular opinion I'd prefer.....( If we're talking about not wanting good prep for the Aussies ) that they played Fiji again.

#25 Banbury Wolf

Banbury Wolf
  • Coach
  • 351 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:00 AM

The world cup format in future should look at a way of Samoa and Tonga playing against each other  , this is the next best thing.

They played each other (I think) in the group stages of the 2008 WC in Aus, but yes it would have been another firecracker 1/4 final Tonga v Samoa.

Fiji v Samoa will be fantastic all the same.

#26 The Dude

The Dude
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

Noticed on my Plan your Day email that for £5 I can upgrade and get to meet legends Andrew Johns and Brad Fittler as well as non-playing squad members of the teams. 

Very tempted, particularly as get access to private bar as well !!

#27 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,573 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

Noticed on my Plan your Day email that for £5 I can upgrade and get to meet legends Andrew Johns and Brad Fittler as well as non-playing squad members of the teams. 

For a fiver, that's a no-brainer decision, really!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#28 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

How would one go about upgrading please? :)

Posted Image

#29 The Dude

The Dude
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

I guess this is available because my tickets are for the North stand - where the corporate boxes are.

Details:

Upgrade your experience for just £5 to meet Australian legends Andrew Johns & Brad Fittler plus non-playing squad members plus private bar access.  To book please call 0208 614 0814.

#30 wirecab

wirecab
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

BBC have missed a trick here by not showing it- if you're in the area and haven't got a ticket get down there and pick up a walk-in. It will the match of the QFs

#31 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

Looking forward to the fourth installment of my RL marathon this weekend. Hoping for a closer game than the other 3 but it will be good to see the Samoans in the flesh for the first time. Hope they win too...

Edited by GeordieSaint, 17 November 2013 - 11:24 AM.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#32 Simmo

Simmo
  • Banned
  • 548 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

Just been offered a ticket by a mate who can't go.

Despite the fact that I am still nursing a hangover from last night's game, I am going to go.

I must be mad.

#33 mt smart

mt smart
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

Samoa have a great forward pack

Fiji have a very good forward pack

Most NZ fans will tell you Pita Godinet is their best Hooker / half and yet he struggles to get starts

That's because the Samoan campaign is ruled by village politics which is why their very best players mysteriously dropped off the landscape for them

That mentality ensures the worst NRL half in modern times Ben Roberts is the darling of the Samoan selectors 

If they get an NRL coach who can tell the Village Elders and the Chiefs of the Samoan Govt to butt out of their campaign then they will be worth watching

I'm wanting Fiji to do well

I also want Samoa to hit Aussie hard if they get through ( look for a Samoan Kangaroo Semi with the Samoans finishing the game with 11 players ).

Edited by mt smart, 17 November 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#34 Gerri Monside

Gerri Monside
  • Coach
  • 318 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

Heart says I want Fiji - their supporters have been brilliant (particularly the guy who ran up & down in front of us with the flag after they scored at the KC last week).  Head says Samoa as I'd prefer them to stick it to the Aussies next week.  Hoping that Arriva Trains Wales don't let me down as I can't stick being in another queue for an hour wondering if I'm going to get there on time. Last installment of the marathon for me. The newbies I took to Scotland - USA are coming for their second / third installment of TGG. All I need now is for one of them to shout "gerrem onside!" and my world cup will be complete! 

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

#35 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:28 PM

I'm going to get under the duvet & watch in bed, whilst him indoors hogs the main telly #legostarwarsgame Any big hits may produce ooos/ahs/yelps

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#36 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,059 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

Wowwy , they've given a QF to Ramsdale ! And not just any but Samoa v Fiji with all those names and identifications ... Oh dear this could be trouble !!!

#37 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

Both terraces filling up nicely here. Seats a bit sparse. Still in the bars no doubt.

#38 BringbackGB

BringbackGB
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

Where's Vossy?  :(

#39 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,059 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

Don't like the Sims boys after all the gob and bully boy antics against England . I'll take Samoa

#40 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 503 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

Wowwy , they've given a QF to Ramsdale ! And not just any but Samoa v Fiji with all those names and identifications ... Oh dear this could be trouble !!!

No disrespect to Ramsdale but a game like this was made for Voss to commentate on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users