New for 2014 Hunslet Old Boys

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 6brackendale

6brackendale
  • Players
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

I see Hunslet Old Boys have applied for the NCL in 2014. Stalwart winter Pennine side dipping their toes into Summer Rugby. All good for the NCL proves it is the competition to be in when a top class winter side apply to join. More will follow.

#2 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:46 PM

That cant be true didn't they know summer rugby is dying the Pennine premier division is stronger and better ran than the NCL.

#3 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

If true looks like they can replace West Bank then who dropped out then!! are perhaps some of the teams that get kicked out for not fulfilling there fixtures ( which will not happen) division three will struggle to play all there games it's going to be one big division if the NCL don't loweer there expectations,

Fewer players
Poor standard
1st teams failing to fulfill fixtures
Less spectator

But on the bright side old boys may be joining the NCL,

There I go again spouting pointless FACTS

Edited by sbull, 12 November 2013 - 06:04 PM.

#4 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 358 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

The other sidekick will be on shortly to ruin another topic with his winter rants

#5 The knowledge

The knowledge
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

Maybe the're applying to the NCL to give their junior /second team players a game in the summer!

Edited by The knowledge, 14 November 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#6 too strong

too strong
  • Coach
  • 261 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

That cant be true didn't they know summer rugby is dying the Pennine premier division is stronger and better ran than the NCL.

What... the Pennine premier is stronger than the ncl premier??

#7 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

One biter so far.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#8 too strong

too strong
  • Coach
  • 261 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

One biter so far.

Oh right.. I didn't know cas yorkie was the joker of the group.

#9 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

If the Hunslett Old Boys are the outfit that played Rochdale Hornets last season in the cup you may regret wanting them in the NCL. They were the biggest set of thugs to walk on a pitch. The supporters were not much better either.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#10 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

The other sidekick will be on shortly to ruin another topic with his winter rants

Read the opening comments again, the comments relate to summer winter, and my comments are concerns not rants, and if you think my comments are rants please elaborate on wich of my comments are not true,
If you can't feel free not to reply and stick your head back in the sand

#11 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

Sbull you make good points but from the games I have seen standards are excellent in the premier and are certainly not poor. Spectators may be down at some clubs but are definately up at others. Fewer players, maybe, maybe not. Untill I see exact figures it is just speculation. Regarding 1st teams falling fixtures, that also happened in the winter season or they turned up with scratched teams or on occassion 10 men. You make your points but are blinkered in your views, winter rugby was not perfect as you would have everyone believe. We are in summer wether you like it or not. Summer fans may have their heads in the sand as you say but they are getting behind the game and wanting it to succeed. What good does the constant argument do for the good of the game? Nothing that I can see apart from stop people coming on here because they are fed up of it. Im neither for or against winter or summer, I just want to see the sport progress which it has no chance of doing whilst people like you and Marauder are about.

#12 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 358 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

So my head is in the sand because i dont share your views,the club i follow is doing well both on and off the field since the switch,The new cumbria league was a success with high quality,competative matches,strong teams are joining the NCL, Kells,Underbank last season,teams from outside the heartlands have also joined the league which in time will hopefully improve there playing standards.Yes some clubs may be struggling and may go back to winter if they see fit,so why dont you respect other peoples views on the game instead of constantly trying to ram yours down our throats.

#13 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

Sbull you make good points but from the games I have seen standards are excellent in the premier and are certainly not poor. Spectators may be down at some clubs but are definately up at others. Fewer players, maybe, maybe not. Untill I see exact figures it is just speculation. Regarding 1st teams falling fixtures, that also happened in the winter season or they turned up with scratched teams or on occassion 10 men. You make your points but are blinkered in your views, winter rugby was not perfect as you would have everyone believe. We are in summer wether you like it or not. Summer fans may have their heads in the sand as you say but they are getting behind the game and wanting it to succeed. What good does the constant argument do for the good of the game? Nothing that I can see apart from stop people coming on here because they are fed up of it. Im neither for or against winter or summer, I just want to see the sport progress which it has no chance of doing whilst people like you and Marauder are about.

Hold on fellow, Do I prevent BARLA from operating a winter NCL, Did I give induced payments to tempt leagues into the summer, Did I direct Service area kids from their clubs towards the amateur clubs selected by the RFL, Did I create a bias community board, Did I promise a greater participation in the summer, Did I say your bar takings would go through the roof, Did I make you play mid-week fixtures because of the lack of players on a Saturday, Did I promise more support on match days, these are all serious problems that developed over the last two seasons, add these to the modern mentality of todays players and we are in a dangerous downwards spiral.

Back to point one, IF THE COMMUNITY BOARD allowed BARLA operate a winter NCL (Divide conquer and stifle the opposition) you'd see how many disgruntled NCL teams you've really got.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#14 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 358 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

Surely they can join your wonderfull winter pennine league and play at a higher standard, where no matches are ever called off, due to weather,clubs unable to raise a team,no fixture backlogs at the end of the season.They can then be goverened by BARLA who of course have all the answers to all the problems in the game.

#15 MethleyRoy

MethleyRoy
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

What... the Pennine premier is stronger than the ncl premier??

The Pennine Premier is stronger than NCL Premier yeah! should be some sort of competition between the 2. Say Sharlston vs Wath Brow, Thornhill vs West Hull, Old Boys vs Lock Lane, Drig vs Thatto? I reckon the Pennine would win. Specially in the 'main game' 1stvs1st.

#16 hairywombat

hairywombat
  • Coach
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

That would be pointless in my opinion, the strength of the NCL premier, is that the teams have to do it week in week out with no easy games at all. With all due respect to the Pennine league, after the teams you mention the opposition does get a little weaker.

Edited by hairywombat, 17 November 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#17 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

That would be pointless in my opinion, the strength of the NCL premier, is that the teams have to do it week in week out with no easy games at all. With all due respect to the Pennine league, after the teams you mention the opposition does get a little weaker.

Having to do it week in week out was one of the attractions to join the NCL, SADLY The Pennine premier would probably at this moment offer a full season at a  consistent level especially with the influx of NCL players during the traditional season.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#18 brassey

brassey
  • Players
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

lol a lot weaker hairywombat  thers at least six teams in pennine premier that would walk stright in to ncl premier and hold there own theres no easy games in that league m8  correct me if am wrong in challange cup its always the pennine teams that get throw to the 1st round knock so call big ncl teams out i was at wigan st pats a few years ago when drig played them dirg was 22 nil up at half time went on beat them easy

#19 hairywombat

hairywombat
  • Coach
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

I said a little weaker brassey, and Drig are a very good team, I don't deny that. I remember that game at Pats, it was the week a flu bug hit the home side. :tongue:

#20 brassey

brassey
  • Players
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

lol flu bug my arxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users