Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

More trouble at Bradford!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,369 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

http://www.sportingl...bulls-departure

Very wierd statement as it comes across as the RFL told him to step down- just a couple of weeks after agreeing things with the new lot. Alot of trouble behind the scenes when the club should be going forward and giving a positive outlook. 

#2 Swansea Jack

Swansea Jack
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

what happened to Kath Hardcastle?. It was trumpeted on high because she was a female director promising a breath of fresh air.

#3 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

Strange going ons at Bradford

#4 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

I'm going to credit the RFL here. They've had a change of heart or got some new info and they've acted on it.

Maybe lessons have been learnt from the dealings with the saviours of Trinity.

#5 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

Kate Hardcastle is at the club as a non-executive director. She is still in that post.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#6 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,667 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

Not a 'fit and proper person' http://www.thetelegr..._persons__test/

Where now from here?

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#7 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

Not a 'fit and proper person' http://www.thetelegr..._persons__test/

Where now from here?

Good lord. I wasn't expecting details of what part of the test had been failed, but eight dissolved companies is going some!

#8 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,369 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

Wonder how long the other Chairman will last then as he admits to not knowing much about Rugby League and seeing it as a business adventure! With the recent happenings it doesnt look that good

http://www.thetelegr...stand_the_game/

#9 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,846 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

Good lord. I wasn't expecting details of what part of the test had been failed, but eight dissolved companies is going some!

In that case, it's probably good news that he's failed the FaPP test and is out.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#10 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

In that case, it's probably good news that he's failed the FaPP test and is out.

Dead right.  I'm hoping that the RFL share with all clubs what the test criteria are to avoid a repeat of this.  It's nothing like Andrew Glover at Wakefield, who to my knowledge has an unblemished record, but just seemed to be out of his depth and blagging his way through running the club.

Edited by Larry the Leit, 14 November 2013 - 08:41 AM.

#11 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

Seems that was the bit that failed. The only bit I don't understand is that none of those eight incidents have been in the last fortnight since the RFL ok-ed the takeover..

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#12 Rob

Rob
  • Coach
  • 482 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:24 AM

It's OK, we've now employed a new pyscic!

http://www.bradfordb...s-future-intent

We'll be able to see all this coming in future!

Good God.

#13 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:40 AM

Regarding dissolved companies, I would expect many entrepreneurs would have a few as they launch new ventures and realise that it isn't going to work. Duncan Bannatyne has a seperate LTD company for each of his health clubs.

#14 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

Seems that was the bit that failed. The only bit I don't understand is that none of those eight incidents have been in the last fortnight since the RFL ok-ed the takeover..

As I proposed elsewhere, I reckon the two-week gap was Whitcut working his notice.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#15 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,606 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

Dont panic!!

The fans will know things are really desperate when we change our name to Portsmouth.

;)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#16 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,164 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

Regarding dissolved companies, I would expect many entrepreneurs would have a few as they launch new ventures and realise that it isn't going to work. Duncan Bannatyne has a seperate LTD company for each of his health clubs.

Yes - plenty of successful people have had failures, not many have the Midas touch!

I try and remind people of this when they rip into Nigel Wood for overseeing the failure at Halifax.

#17 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,369 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

NIgel Wood failure at Fax was bvery much down to him ignoring people and thinking he knew best. He alienated many people including fans and sponsors. He went against all advice. Despite the local newspaper running a comp of a new nickname (Bombers for example was the clear favourite) he went against ALL suggestions and came out with "Blue Sox" which neither had local connections or could you really market in the way Bulls, Rhinos etc could . You cant blame one person for the way things happened at Fax, but he did have a large part in things and allowed the club to run up massive debts. Just a couple of weeks before it all came out the club went more or less belly up and selling things he left with no reason and no statement as to why he left. Nigel Wood simply didnt listen or want to listen at Fax. Looking at the state of the game and the RFL. His failings are still in evidence now as they was back when he was at Fax as CEO

Edited by Lounge Room Lizard, 14 November 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#18 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,840 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

Yes - plenty of successful people have had failures, not many have the Midas touch!

I try and remind people of this when they rip into Nigel Wood for overseeing the failure at Halifax.

I'm sure I read once Richard Branson had 14 failed companies in amongst all the success of Virgin.

There's failures and failures mind, so I guess it pays to read beyond the headline figure!

#19 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,876 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

I'm sure I read once Richard Branson had 14 failed companies in amongst all the success of Virgin.

There's failures and failures mind, so I guess it pays to read beyond the headline figure!

Branson's most successful brand is himself.  Most of his companies fail.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#20 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

True but then they have had successes in amongst the failures. Looking at this chap's record it seems every single business he has been involved in has ended up bankrupt - and these were not start-up companies, most of them were established going concerns when he became a director. He appears to have the midas touch in reverse.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users