- - - - -

McNamara: Don't take France lightly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 League Express

League Express
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

[caption id="attachment_2729926" align="alignright" width="298"]Steve McNamara The England coach is taking his French opposition very seriously[/caption]

England coach Steve McNamara has told his side not to be complacent when they take on France in Saturday's World Cup quarter-final in Wigan.

The English go into the game heavy favourites, having dispatched their cross-Channel opposition 44-6 and 48-4 in their last two meetings.

McNamara doesn't think it will be plain sailing this time, though: "I think Richard [coach, Agar] has got them organised pretty well and structurally they look really good.

"I think France are going to be a really tough team. They showed that and they stood up to Samoa.

"They were brave and pretty heroic at times under some real pressure.

"They have got a lot of spirit within their team, so they're dangerous opposition for us," he added.
League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#2 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,213 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

Although France haven't exactly scored for fun this RWC, they have looked much more committed and gutsy than they did in 2008 (or even last year's 4 Nations). But I doubt very much whether it will be enough. McNamara is being polite, while preparing to be ruthless on the day.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#3 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

Yeah -  I know that many an here don't rate McNamara (to put it lightly), but even he wouldn't come out and say 'Oh, this bunch of jokers have been pants. We'll hammer them'.

#4 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:13 AM

Yeah - I know that many an here don't rate McNamara (to put it lightly), but even he wouldn't come out and say 'Oh, this bunch of jokers have been pants. We'll hammer them'.

There won't be much that I hear today that will make me chuckle like that post did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users