Harris: In four years we'll be formidable

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#41 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 509 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:39 AM

We all know that Wales underperformed and should have done way better. The reasons for this are a matter for debate, though I believe (like one or two others) that Iestyn Harris is a pretty uninspirational leader. Nice guy, yes, and a fine player, but a coach he ain't.

Anyway, how best to develop the side? Personally, I think end-of-season tours to developing nations would be a great way of getting the core squad used to playing together. The USA, South Africa, Russia, et al. I mean, the Welsh Union guys like George North, Jonathan Davies and James Hook play together so often they understand each other... Rhys Evans and Eliot Kear are like strangers in comparison.

In the long run I think the future is bright for Welsh RL. It just needs some new blood (a couple of cross code switches wouldn't go amiss whatever anyone's prejudices), and a bit of "bread of heaven" passion.

I really hope so as I think it would be brilliant if you had three genuinely competitive international teams in the northern hemisphere. France and Wales just need to be able to beat England about once every 10 games in my view to create a lot more interest in international matches.
I still think the ideal would be a Welsh super league team. I think Wales would have got to the quarter finals and had bigger attendances if Crusaders were still in the SL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users