Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

No fixture rearrangement.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 too strong

too strong
  • Coach
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:41 AM

Heard that the ncl have said that there's no fixture rearrangement for wedding/ stag do's etc this coming season.

This is surely gonna have a massive impact on game results.

With the game moving to summer it is going to clash with events people have planned, it is after all amateur rugby, players are not going to change their weddings etc to winter just because of the ncl season.

#2 RFL01

RFL01
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

When a club approaches another regards a reschedule it usually gets nowhere because the opposing team can guarantee a result against a weakened side.

There needs to be a summer break. At least people can then plan their stag dos, hols etc. Its harming the competition when teams field under strength sides because of the above reasons.

#3 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

I agree with the summer break idea, I would suggest taking June, July, August off!!

#4 Ratty

Ratty
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

Heard that the ncl have said that there's no fixture rearrangement for wedding/ stag do's etc this coming season.

This is surely gonna have a massive impact on game results.

With the game moving to summer it is going to clash with events people have planned, it is after all amateur rugby, players are not going to change their weddings etc to winter just because of the ncl season.

Is this correct? I would have hoped the NCL would have learnt from last season and allowed at least one week per club to be a "free" week. Surely it doesn't take that much reorganising. Very disappointing if it's right. I seem to remember teams being allowed to change fixtures last season because their club was booked for wedding etc.,

#5 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

I think that should perhaps reduce the league's to 11 teams giving 20 games plus a few cup fixtures

#6 Historical value

Historical value
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:03 PM

Joke

#7 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 543 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

Joke