Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

TORIES ERASE TEN YEARS OF THEIR INTERNET HISTORY

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,451 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:07 PM

Computer Weekly: Conservatives erase Internet history

This is quite an incredible story and somewhat goes against what Cameron said back in 2010:   " we want our political system to be more accountable and more transparent."

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#2 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,127 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

won't these speeches be recorded elsewhere?

of course they wont be as eaasily accessible and they won't all be recorded together.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#3 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,451 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

Indeed they will. However they won't be as easy to retrieve as they once were by doing a simple Google search (I think that was the gist of the piece).

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#4 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

It'll be Thatchers fault.

#5 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

The bots grab web pages for the benefit of plebs like those Cameron and Osborne claimed to be speaking for in those years before they were elected. The bots were what made the democratization of information possible. It was bots that inspired Cameron and Osborne. It was bots that were going to free us from serfdom in the way they said we would be. Without the bots you just had pockets of power and privilege for those in the know. Without the bots you just had the same old concentration of wealth and power there had always been, since long before the Internet Archive started taking snapshots of the Conservative website in 1999.

Rise up comrades. Keep the red flag flying.

#6 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,127 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

Indeed they will. However they won't be as easy to retrieve as they once were by doing a simple Google search (I think that was the gist of the piece).

quite

Keeping it local

#7 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,786 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

Seeing the thread title, I thought they'd managed to wipe their Google search history. Which might well have contained much more interesting things than their speeches. ;) 

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#8 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,564 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

I don't get it.  Labour stopped doing this years ago and the Lib Dems did it within days of them becoming Coalition partners.  The Lib Dem strategy and policy section was massive and had many, many detailed policies that they'd shared in advance to get views and perceptions before becoming official policy, many widely differing to the things they support today, that disappeared quickly.  I know that quite well as I responded to quite a few and still have a few hanging around on my hard drive.

Why would any political party want to provide the media with an easy own-goal of speeches and policies from different times?  I'm just surprised it took them this long to do it.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#9 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

http://news.bbc.co.u...ics/5166498.stm

Cameron's "hug a hoodie" speech in full.

Is there a particular speech that the average "leftie" now wants to access that they didn't give a toss about at the time?

#10 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,127 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

Is there a particular speech that the average "leftie" now wants to access that they didn't give a toss about at the time?

no idea

I don't know any average lefties: in fact I don't even know what one is.

do you know any?

Keeping it local

#11 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,570 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

The Tories don't want anyone to realise that they spouted just as much  soundbite newspeak then as they do now.

Labour  don't want anyone to realise that they actually did things ten years ago, not just made empty promises.

The LibDems don't want anyone to realise that ten years ago, although they were harebrained, they didn't just bend over and take it up ,the arris from either one of the other parties that would offer them ministerial salaries.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#12 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,451 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

Just a few things they'd rather we forgot about :rolleyes:

#13 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,570 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

This has been brushed under the carpet by all three parties for years.

http://www.dailymail...withdrawal.html

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#14 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,632 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

i bet Laubour wished they could delete more than 10 years! plus the Falkirk Unite corrupt selection scandal that won't go away!

#15 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

no idea
I don't know any average lefties: in fact I don't even know what one is.

do you know any?

I'm an above average lefty which means there must be a below average lefty somewhere. My money is on an SWP member in London who hasn't sold enough papers or read enough Trotsky this week. The Revolution is on hold this week!

LUNEW.jpg

#16 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

How about Cameron saying "The NHS is safe in our hands"? Thought not, or we will not privatise the Royal Mail, or rural bus services are safe?

& Yes, I am a "Leftie" and proud of it, I have even been sounded out about standing for Parliament at the next General Election as a candidate for the SWP (I'm not, by the way, but they did ask)

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#17 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

Was it Kim Howells who hit the delete button? It seems he's quite good at getting rid of stuff.

#18 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,632 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:24 AM

How about Cameron saying "The NHS is safe in our hands"? Thought not, or we will not privatise the Royal Mail, or rural bus services are safe?

& Yes, I am a "Leftie" and proud of it, I have even been sounded out about standing for Parliament at the next General Election as a candidate for the SWP (I'm not, by the way, but they did ask)

How about Cameron saying "The NHS is safe in our hands"?

Quite so. see here.....and here....and here.  The list is endless, isn't it?

#19 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

Was it Kim Howells who hit the delete button? It seems he's quite good at getting rid of stuff.

Ken Clarke has a good recent record of making stuff dissapeared too.

#20 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 14,919 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:35 PM

How about Cameron saying "The NHS is safe in our hands"?

Quite so. see here.....and here....and here.  The list is endless, isn't it?

The list of accusations is, accusations that (like those over Falkirk) Cameron daren't make outside the Commons. Take it from one who's experiencing it, the NHS is going to hell in a handcart under this lot!

Edited by Trojan, 16 November 2013 - 10:36 PM.

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users