Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

John McCririck loses 'ageism' case

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,741 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

Good. It's not his age; it's that he's a gruesome old nonsense and windbag.

LINK TO ARTICLE

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

Good. It's not his age; it's that he's a gruesome old nonsense and windbag.

LINK TO ARTICLE

As far as I can tell, he presented no evidence whatsoever to back up his claims.  Nice work for his legal team.

#3 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,041 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

so there is justice after all

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#4 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

His age is probably the least offensive aspect of the misogynist John McCririck.

LUNEW.jpg

#5 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,647 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:58 PM

What were the odds on that?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#6 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:26 AM

He was useless.
I was at a corporate event thing at Uttoxeter a few years ago. He came along and "marked our cards"
I ignored his selections and had 5 out of six winners. The one that I didn't get wasn't the one that he tipped either.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#7 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:30 AM

He was useless.
I was at a corporate event thing at Uttoxeter a few years ago. He came along and "marked our cards"
I ignored his selections and had 5 out of six winners. The one that I didn't get wasn't the one that he tipped either.

I understood from a racing obsessed friend, that he was a failed bookmaker before finding fame/notoriety, so this comes as no surprise.

#8 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 6,875 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

As far as I can tell, he presented no evidence whatsoever to back up his claims.  Nice work for his legal team.

To be honest I imagine it was planned as a grand publicity stunt before somebody decides to throw some money at him for his next job.....it is almost Panto season.

28m391z.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users