Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Anybody interested?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 747 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

I was sat eating my lunch today, came across this and nearly choked on my sandwich!

Note to Ralph Rimmer : Do not apply, you are way under qualified!!!!!!!!

http://www.nwc13-15a...hp?f=16&t=30282

POSITION OF SECRETARY

The North West Counties 13-15 ARL is looking at the forthcoming Annual General meeting to appoint a secretary who will act as an interface with clubs on general matters to include those affecting both Constitutional and the Operational Rules/Appendices by which governance of the League and constituent members is wholly dependent.

The post will require that person to possess good communicational skills with the added ability to assimilate and record both factually and accurately the business conducted at delegates meetings arranged by the North West Counties 13-15 ARL.

There would, in addition, be a need for establishing a close working relationship with the League’s Chair who, as the guiding light in all operational issues under the jurisdiction of the League, will expect a level of trust and a perpetuate responsible leadership qualities which underpin such close relationships that in turn breeds the confidence of clubs and other interested outside agencies.

The role itself is a microcosm of the overall responsibilities assigned to individual committee personnel who separately deal with correspondence and enquiries generated which affect these specific areas of League activity e.g. Fixtures - Jackie Paul & Jayne respectively, would answer, Kevin – would address Discipline and myself – fronting activities pertinent to both Registrations/Transfers.

The work-load would be varied and interesting as the post holder develops a framework for understanding the over-arching responsibilities and is able, through the Chair, to stamp their personality and so promote in a balanced manner the North West Counties 13-15 League and lofty principles on which it is founded and commonly stands.

If interested in the post and believe that above all else, you meet the relevant criteria for consideration then please, in the first instance contact either the League’s Chair Margaret Byrne or myself.

David C Lowe

David C Lowe
Acting Secretary -Registrations & Transfers Secretary
1 Moorfield Road
Dentons Green
St Helens
WA10 6AU

#2 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

I knew it was a David Lowe missive by the second paragraph. :fie:

Edited by once a ref always a ref, 13 November 2013 - 08:24 PM.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#3 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

Knowledge is power
Information is liberating
Education is the premise of progress, in every society , in every family.

I,m glad I am thick .

#4 Guardsman

Guardsman
  • Coach
  • 443 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

Good Old David. Why use two words when ten will do. It's no wonder referee's ignore his emails and then get things wrong on the day!

#5 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 471 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

It wasnt his email that went to the referees. It was from the appointments officer. So i would suggest getting your facts right before criticising people.

#6 Guardsman

Guardsman
  • Coach
  • 443 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

It was said tongue in cheek so I would suggest you get a sense of humour.

For the record, I think David does an excellent job.

#7 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

Does go round the houses a bit and is a tadge eccentric don't you think ?

#8 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

Does go round the houses a bit and is a tadge eccentric don't you think ?

I'd sooner have a T34 than a Tiger tank if you know what I mean.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/