Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Ask Glenn

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

As 2013 draws to a close we look forward to the 2014 rugby season, with our annual Boxing Day clash with Batley, and Bradford not long after we will soon be stood braving the winter and watching the boys battle it out on the field.

Fixtures are being released shortly and the new kit has an imminent release along with meet and greet of the 2014 squad (to be announced shortly) - As you can see things are buzzing along quite frantically behind the scenes at the club.

But we recognise that often fans have questions which they would like to ask, and so throughout the season we will occasionally be running ‘Ask a Ram’. This initiative is born from the belief that at the heart of Dewsbury Rams is our fans and so this is an opportunity for you to pose questions at specific players. A selection of these questions will then be put to the player and the answers published across the media outlets utilised by the club.

So let’s start from the top, the first ‘Ask a Ram’ will be directed at our coach Glenn Morrison.

Ask away...

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#2 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

I asked a question on Facebook I think, but I have another question, do you aim to go further than the fourth round of the challenge cup?
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#3 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 990 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

One question for Glenn,can he ask the rugby league to stop drawing us against Sheffield Eagles in any cup competition in 2014.

#4 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

I like andyrams question.

#5 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

With a new half back combination is the plan to play more expansive rugby next season?

With the great news that Karl Pryce has re-signed will we be using him more for set pieces near the line? One on one he would be unstoppable near the line.

#6 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

Ask Glenn if he intends to seek an improvement to our defence for next season. Do that and the expansive attacking rugby should follow.

Defence wins games!
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#7 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

Across Twitter, Facebook and this forum there have been some good questions that will be put to Glenn this week. But please - If you have any more do send them in and the coach will only be too happy to answer them.

Crown Flatter & Wakefield Ram -  Glenn has had the team together for training and working on 2014 already, I can assure you both that everyone at Dewsbury Rams hopes for a successful 2014 season and everything possible is being done in preparation for a good and competitive season ahead.

Andyram - I will mention this, but doubt he can do much ;)

#8 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:52 PM

Will we use Karl Pryce as a centre or a second rower next season due to his size?

#9 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,644 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

Why is the British game full of second rate Aussies?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#10 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 890 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

You ought to get Glenn to confirm that he is, in fact, a first rate Aussie (just to set BSJ's mind at rest).

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#11 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

Why is the British game full of second rate Aussies?

They compliment the largely second rate Brits we have playing in SL (and the championship too I'm afraid) - oh for a golden generation. ;)

#12 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:46 PM

Please can you ask Glen what position he sees Aaron Brown playing next year, assume its loose forward with signing new half backs, is it a viable move from halfback to loose for him

#13 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 990 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

Will Glenn be trying to get any players from the Bulls this season, or when needed?

#14 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

Questions will be put to Glenn this Friday, this is a rare oppertunity to ask the coach anything you like.

Keep them coming...

#15 scally

scally
  • Coach
  • 216 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:43 AM

A big blow to learn that Brad Watkinson has decided to stay in New Zealand, Thought he did well last season and would have got better this season.

So with that in mind are we close to any new additions to the squad for this season?

#16 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

A big blow to learn that Brad Watkinson has decided to stay in New Zealand, Thought he did well last season and would have got better this season.

So with that in mind are we close to any new additions to the squad for this season?

Brad was just  about good enough for the bottom half of the table last year IMO - but only just. There are no guarantees he would improve next year in what is sure to be a harder division, and maybe Brad himself realised that, after all he came over on Vagana's recommendation, presumably with the intention of putting himself in the shop window for SL. I very much doubt he could improve sufficiently to attain that goal, and if he has realised that, and/or if the club has offered him less favourable terms this time, then his home and family would surely be more important.  

#17 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 507 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

Shame to hear about brad going home thought he was looking good towards the end of the season &having spoken to him he'll be gutted. Having read the reporter this morning it said you've got a couple of players in mind currently at the world cup are they taking part in semi rival's tomorrow? It isn't Greg inflow is it!!!!

#18 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

Glenn has now answered fans questions, the answers will follow shortly. Huge thanks to him for doing this, and to the fans for getting involved!

Edited by Official Rams Updates, 22 November 2013 - 05:53 PM.

#19 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

And where are the answers??

#20 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,644 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

And where are the answers??

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)