Sachin Tendulkar

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 18,578 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

Just spotted this Tweet from TalkSport's Danny Kelly: Attn preening footballers, X-Factor 'stars' and all puffed-up celebs. Ticket applications for Sachin Tendulkar's final Test.. 19 MILLION!!!  :O

And the RWC ticket offices thought they were overstretched!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

He is a great cricketer, I enjoy watching him at the crease, he will be missed after his retirement, and his mother gets to see him play at last, as she has never been to one of his games before.

Typical West Indies though, batting first, spoilsports! whoops, just remembered my avatar :girlinlove:

Edited by Bleep1673, 14 November 2013 - 11:07 AM.

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#3 MattSantos

MattSantos
  • Coach
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

I watched India-Australia at Chennai earlier in the year and his Godlike status is incredible.

Quick travel tip, if you're ever boozing in an Indian hotel, start a conversation about cricket, mention that you love Sachin and you're set for the night.

#4 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

An article about Tendulkar the man, his time at Yorkshire etc from The Torygraph.

http://www.telegraph...et-forever.html

#5 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,656 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

don't know him, never seen him.

I look around
I search the skies
I shade my eyes
So nearly blind
And I see signs of half remembered days
I hear bells that chime in strange familiar ways
I recognise...
The hope you kindle in your eyes

#6 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 18,578 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

I remember seeing some footage of him go out just for a quick session in the nets. Even that was mobbed with thousands of adoring fans. One of the things he must have enjoyed about playing in England must have been the chance to live a normal-ish life for a while.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#7 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

don't know him, never seen him.

Think he propped for Queens as a ringer a couple of times whilst he was in Yorkshire.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users