Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Trust Statement

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

I am hoping this attaches correctly.

Attached Files

#2 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

Just remember what happened the last time the trust got involved, their shares wiped out via liquidation, as for #### council you've more chance of philh attending the lions matches than them helping us out.  Still none the wiser what's going to happen, if they don't sign some players and a manager soon we won't have a team to take the field let alone be competitive.

Edited by juliancaine, 14 November 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#3 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

The Trust are here to assist the club. So i would ask that negative comments off this forum.  We need to be behind everything over the next few important weeks !

#4 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

The only assistance the council will offer is Moor Lane as a cheap option and that is a last resort. Is there any recently vacated/empty land in Swinton available I wonder. Just a thought. One does not have to look to far, and I dont mean Agecroft.

#5 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

Well in fairness Julian whilst I accept your entitled to your views, anything that looks remotely like the club surviving would upset you.

You may well feel that the council won't help but if any officer of the council were to read this forum and your comments then you can understand why.

Keep them coming Julian and you may just find that eventually the club will cease to exist and you can sit happy in the knowledge of it's cessation.

#6 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

Think you will find the council more willing to talk to and help a supporters run trust than a business man good luck

#7 DemonUK

DemonUK
  • Coach
  • 295 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

Fixtures are supposedly out on Dec 1st. Have the RFL been given other information because based on the current state of the club, having read the statement, there is nothing in it that states definitively where you will be playing or if you have any players.

Sorry folks, no forecast comp this year

#8 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

Well in fairness Julian whilst I accept your entitled to your views, anything that looks remotely like the club surviving would upset you.

You may well feel that the council won't help but if any officer of the council were to read this forum and your comments then you can understand why.

Keep them coming Julian and you may just find that eventually the club will cease to exist and you can sit happy in the knowledge of it's cessation.

Well said, you tell 'im Alan. Julian is nothing but the arch-prophet of doom as typified by all his posts in recent times.

:yahoo:     :tease:     :sungum:

#9 STU WILLY

STU WILLY
  • Players
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

Nothing in that statement that could not have been said weeks ago why wait until the eleventh hour to ask for help
Stu Willy

#10 lancaster Lion

lancaster Lion
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

Thanks to the Supporters Trust for providing a statement as promised. I would like to join the trust and would be grateful if the membership details could be on the forum. How much is the membership? If every fan on the forum joined the Supporters Trust we could help the club survive.

#11 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

Hello Lancaster Lion

Thanks for your kind words re the trust.   You can join via the details on the website.   See link

http://www.lionstrust.co.uk/

Thx

Your chance to help the Lions

Edited by RIGGY, 14 November 2013 - 05:22 PM.

#12 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

Lancaster lion. I've suggested the same thing to many of the moaners in here. Let's put our money where are mouths are. If we had all contributed a little bit over the last 14 years we'd have a very strong position.
In answer to your question. ..see the trust events threas above. It provides a link to the Trust website where you can download forms to set up direct debit etc

#13 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

Beat me to it Riggy!

#14 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

Well said Mark and agree with the comments.

#15 lancaster Lion

lancaster Lion
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

Thanks for your help. I will post my membership tonight. I urge all fans to join before it is too late.

#16 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,776 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

Fixtures are supposedly out on Dec 1st.

Championship fixtures are out on 25th November. Champ 1 fixtures out on 2nd December. SL next Monday.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#17 Peewagg

Peewagg
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

Supporters' Trust membership is STILL only £25 per year, or (voluntarily) more if you feel able.

Download the Membership Form PDF at:
http://www.swintonli...der mandate.pdf

Also, please read the Trust's Constitution/Remit.

#18 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

Thanks for posting the statement, Alan. Like others have said - and done - I'll also be renewing my lapsed Trust membership.

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#19 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

Put your trust in the Trust and pass the biscuits folks

#20 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 901 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

I'll be signing up!