Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Ike southward game

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

To be played on the 12th of January through at haven

#2 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,676 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

To be played on the 12th of January through at haven

That's fair enough with the season not starting until 23rd February this time.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

23 February . Is that official word , first league game ? When do the fixtures come out .

#4 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

25th Nov I believe mate

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

Cheers

#6 anok4u

anok4u
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

If we don't get sorted team wise we might just get tonked,as training started yet?
go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

#7 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

Training starts tomorrow there's plenty of time for mores players to sign kn

#8 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,676 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

Training starts tomorrow there's plenty of time for mores players to sign kn

It would be nice for the fans to know who we have still got from last season, never mind any signings!!!!

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#9 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

It would be nice for the fans to know who we have still got from last season, never mind any signings!!!!

Didn't we have all this last year, and we ended up with a very good team.

By my reckoning think we have got about 18 already confirmed for next season.

Sure the Directors will let fans know when they have something to announce,  

Quite a number of players are probably quite rightly for them trying to get the

best deal.

• dkw likes this

#10 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

Signed on so far: Shackley, Olstrum, Stack, Rooney, Morris, Mossop, Lupton, L McAvoy, Haney, Coward, B Phillips, Lucock, Matty, C Phillips, Miller, Rowlandson, James Duerden and Forber

I think that's who we've got signed on

#11 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:25 PM

Good chance we won't have a team ?

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

Connors been mentioned in passing , but don't know the situation with him . Definitely need more experience and quality looking at that list , but I agree that it was same last year and we got rolling around Christmas . Irons in the fire I'm sure ( hope ) . No interest in this as a game either , call the league games after Ike and give the winner ( pts difference if one each ) a trophy .

Edited by DavidM, 15 November 2013 - 08:37 PM.

#13 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

With the players in the list above this is the sort of team I would put out

Miller
Haney
Morris
Rooney
Mossop
Lupton
Callum
Mcavoy
Matty
Coward
Phillips
Stack
Olstrom

Shackley
Rowlandson
Duerden
Forber

I'm sure we will have some experienced players signed on by then

#14 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

Hell need some players brought in pronto

#15 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

That team would still have been good enough to beat haven last season

#16 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,434 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

Hell need some players brought in pronto

You realise there's 2 months until this game, not really the time to panic.

#17 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

I agree that we need to push on . There is time , but in general terms I'm not sure what we had this year will get us the same position next year . The restructuring that's still presumably the RFL plan is THE big factor this coming season , everyone is scrambling to make that second tier . So everyone will strengthen accordingly , and add in the moneybags Crusaders to the mix who will be as strong as any outside the top 5 . It's gonna be cutthroat and no mistake . Can't stand still and say this did us fine and will again . I think it'll be twice as tough with that dreaded trapdoor staring every club in the face . It's gonna be tense , but it's gonna be the league to watch. We saw last year that so many of the teams are much of a muchness , and two or three quality players in key areas make the difference with a solid unit around them .

Edited by DavidM, 15 November 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#18 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,676 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

You realise there's 2 months until this game, not really the time to panic.

That's correct but how many times have we heard coaches saying that player "so and so" will be better next year when he gets a full pre-season behind him? Pre-season training starts this week I believe.

#19 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 790 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

I would like us to see if we could get hulme on a season loan , with him Rooney and duerden as our centres, just don,t think morris as the pace at centre???

#20 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

What about mossop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users