• 810 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

YE scott just forgot about mossop.

#22 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:54 AM

We always say this - every year - "there's time " how about getting some players signed then pre season will be worth going to for the players on the books as there will be more than 10 there !! Out that list at least 5 won't be there today - must be pretty cronk turning up to training and not even having enough for a game of touch ha

Edited by Townfan10, 16 November 2013 - 07:55 AM.

#23 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:17 AM

We always say this - every year - "there's time " how about getting some players signed then pre season will be worth going to for the players on the books as there will be more than 10 there !! Out that list at least 5 won't be there today - must be pretty cronk turning up to training and not even having enough for a game of touch ha

We do go through this every year lately, and how have those seasons gone again? After the last few years I hoped people would actually finally have some faith in our board and coaches, seems not. As for some players not being there, you expect them to come back and train from their world cup squads? Of your 5 not being there 3 are with Scotland, how dare they.

Edited by dkw, 16 November 2013 - 09:21 AM.

#24 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 757 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

Signed on so far: Shackley, Olstrum, Stack, Rooney, Morris, Mossop, Lupton, L McAvoy, Haney, Coward, B Phillips, Lucock, Matty, C Phillips, Miller, Rowlandson, James Duerden and Forber

I think that's who we've got signed on

Yeah so 18 at the moment.

A couple of season long loans maybe from Widnes, Hulme & Craven for example.

Hopefully Brett Carter and Thackray will re-sign.

Then maybe two more signings, including a blockbusting prop and be up to 24, which

would be about right if still using DR as well.

Up the Town.

Edited by topladtownie, 16 November 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#25 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

No doubt that Morris isn't a strike centre . Hopefully he's one who does have a good , strong preseason working on his fitness , stamina and basic skills . Then we have a more than handy utility wide runner .

#26 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

I think well be waiting to see what happens at salford. 2 of our main logical targets will be jordan and adam and im sure there new squad assembles we will be loaning or signing at least 1 of them.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#27 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 810 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

You do notice HAVEN10 never as a good thing to say about TOWN allways trying to pick fault????

#28 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

Aye I hope the two Walne's are still on our radar . I think Adam may be nearer their first team , but Jordan on a long loan and maybe Adam on a month to month loan with recall would be good starch to our squad . Salford are gonna have plenty of decent players not playing ! Them and Widnes seem to have good links with us .

Edited by DavidM, 16 November 2013 - 03:41 PM.

#29 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 841 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

And there won't be Thackeray back we need to stop bringing him up

#30 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

Havenfan10 chill out. Anyone would think you're a disgruntled player/relative/haven fan. There's a bigger squad signed than last season and bearing in mind that we finished highest of all the Cumbrian teams whilst spending a hell of a lot less than one of them, I think the club is in good hands. Communication may be an issue at times but they've never let us down in the past and I do t expect them to do so this season.

#31 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

And there won't be Thackeray back we need to stop bringing him up

well thacks says hell know in a couple of weeks so not sure how you know he wont be back.

#32 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 810 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:58 PM

I would think the training starts on tuesday at the copeland stadium??

#33 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

It started today at extreme fitness

#34 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 810 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

yes that is a fittnes check but what i call real training starts tuesday and its a killer beleave me.

#35 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

Havenfan10 chill out. Anyone would think you're a disgruntled player/relative/haven fan. There's a bigger squad signed than last season and bearing in mind that we finished highest of all the Cumbrian teams whilst spending a hell of a lot less than one of them, I think the club is in good hands. Communication may be an issue at times but they've never let us down in the past and I do t expect them to do so this season.

Not really - end of the day the majority of teams will have the players signed up now for next season - thus starting preseason with a full compliment of players - training 2/3 times a week TOGETHER for up to 3 /4 months - not being thrown together a month before the season - players at different fitness levels - getting used to calls / lines - there's not a bit of wonder why our back play etc isn't up to scratch - you see fev up here last year all those kicks to he corner etc as much of that which is class play from their 6/7 it's also hours of bloody practice with a full squad !! Not 9 or 10 players turning up ....

#36 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 841 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:07 AM

well thacks says hell know in a couple of weeks so not sure how you know he wont be back.

He will be waiting along time then, I'm telling ya he isn't

Edited by havenhater, 17 November 2013 - 09:09 AM.

#37 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

Not really - end of the day the majority of teams will have the players signed up now for next season - thus starting preseason with a full compliment of players - training 2/3 times a week TOGETHER for up to 3 /4 months - not being thrown together a month before the season - players at different fitness levels - getting used to calls / lines - there's not a bit of wonder why our back play etc isn't up to scratch - you see fev up here last year all those kicks to he corner etc as much of that which is class play from their 6/7 it's also hours of bloody practice with a full squad !! Not 9 or 10 players turning up ....

we had a good start to the season last year so that theory is out the window.

#38 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

we had a good start to the season last year so that theory is out the window.

Dont ruin his argument with facts mate.

#39 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

Utter drivel the majority of clubs will still be looking to bring players in

#40 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 810 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:48 AM

I would like HAVEN10 to let us know how many is signed on for them up the road.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users