Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Humans didn't come from Earth

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,564 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

Daily Mail linky

Now, if I put my well-founded scepticism to the side for a minute, it does neatly split the arguments about evolution versus creationism and will quite happily have members of both communities getting all frothy-mouthed.  The great light in the sky that was Old Testament god was really the spaceship abandoning the humans.

Maybe we're the alien equivalent of Australians, a bunch of criminals deported to a far-off planet.  Will they be back to smack us down now that we're pushing things outside of the solar system?  Or have they just forgotten about us like we tried to do with our deported criminals in the past?

Putting it all together, the 10 Commandments were really the prison rules and Jesus really wasn't the messiah, just a naughty boy.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#2 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,632 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

He is interested in whether humans came to Earth separately, perhaps by arriving on meteors and comets,   - I went to Heathrow on a Comet once in the early 1970s. Does that count?

and who can forget Fred Hoyle? As an apparent member of the lunatic fringe, he talked about an alien consciousness that ran the earth, diseases from space, and panspermia (his intriguing proposal that interstellar space dust is composed largely of bacteria.) His career raises interesting questions about the role of orthodoxy in the sciences, especially cosmology, where answers are necessarily provisional.

see http://ircamera.as.a...s/exthoyle.html

here's another lunatic fringe

550w_birthdays_claudia_winkleman.jpg

#3 hoff

hoff
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

What if bacteria is actually the pinnacle if trans galatic evolution and complex life was just some kind of crazy fluke of a mistake. Our anthropocentric viewpoint holds that they are just tiny smushy pods of DNA when actually, in many ways they are the perfect organism (prolific, able to withstand a wide range of temeperature extemes etc). Just sayin :)

#4 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 14,919 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

Daily Mail linky

Now, if I put my well-founded scepticism to the side for a minute, it does neatly split the arguments about evolution versus creationism and will quite happily have members of both communities getting all frothy-mouthed.  The great light in the sky that was Old Testament god was really the spaceship abandoning the humans.

Maybe we're the alien equivalent of Australians, a bunch of criminals deported to a far-off planet.  Will they be back to smack us down now that we're pushing things outside of the solar system?  Or have they just forgotten about us like we tried to do with our deported criminals in the past?

Putting it all together, the 10 Commandments were really the prison rules and Jesus really wasn't the messiah, just a naughty boy.

Does this mean that chimpanzees with whom we share 98% of our DNA are actually descended from us and not the other way around?

Edited by Trojan, 16 November 2013 - 10:40 PM.

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#5 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,921 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:02 AM

Does this mean that chimpanzees with whom we share 98% of our DNA are actually descended from us and not the other way around?

No you fool, god made them monkey things, but as usual cocked it up and something better came along than what he'd come up with.He wasn't a smart as he thought.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#6 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

What if bacteria is actually the pinnacle if trans galatic evolution and complex life was just some kind of crazy fluke of a mistake. Our anthropocentric viewpoint holds that they are just tiny smushy pods of DNA when actually, in many ways they are the perfect organism (prolific, able to withstand a wide range of temeperature extemes etc). Just sayin :)

is your name cox.

#7 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,564 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:07 AM

They're actually retro-grade humans who've watched too much daytime TV.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#8 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,977 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

Daily Mail linky

Now, if I put my well-founded scepticism to the side for a minute, it does neatly split the arguments about evolution versus creationism and will quite happily have members of both communities getting all frothy-mouthed. The great light in the sky that was Old Testament god was really the spaceship abandoning the humans.

Maybe we're the alien equivalent of Australians, a bunch of criminals deported to a far-off planet. Will they be back to smack us down now that we're pushing things outside of the solar system? Or have they just forgotten about us like we tried to do with our deported criminals in the past?

Does that mean that hippos elephants and pigs are not from earth as all of them cover themselves in dust or mud to prevent sunburn. The other thing I don't get is if the fact the female pelvis is just big enough for the babies head during child birth means we aren't from earth. If we were born on another planet would the babies head be smaller.

#9 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,687 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

Haha that did cheer me up this morning! That said, I still think there will be life in the wider universe, but not sure little green men in their flying saucers exist...

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#10 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 14,919 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:34 PM

No you fool, god made them monkey things, but as usual cocked it up and something better came along than what he'd come up with.He wasn't a smart as he thought.

What does Maurice Lindsay have to do with this? :)
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#11 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:00 PM

Haha that did cheer me up this morning! That said, I still think there will be life in the wider universe, but not sure little green men in their flying saucers exist...

I think we can not get to them and they can not get to us.

Ghosts and Afterlife in Alien worlds then maybe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users