Photo
- - - - -

Good forwards but can we get rid of sinfield and chase (merged threads)

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 Eltullah

Eltullah
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

I'm a bulls fan who knows that McNamara is a poor coach. I have always thought that Sinfield and Chase are overrated. Craig Bellamy is a good coach . He thinks widdop is good enough to play with smith Cronkite and slater. Any comments? On tonight's performance it's Australia New Zealand final

#2 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

Let's just hang ourselves. Should I bother with a 7 hour round journey to wembley?
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#3 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 317 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

I'll be supporting them all the way,but I'm bemused why he didn't go with Widdop and Brough as his halves?

#4 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

Oh, really, this needs a new thread? Brough for England, again...

#5 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

It would be great if the Widdop fan club could confine their comments to this thread. He could even have his own sub forum. :)

#6 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

I'll be supporting them all the way,but I'm bemused why he didn't go with Widdop and Brough as his halves?

well the scottish coach is reported as saying that Brough told him he would be available for Scotland back at beginning of Feb... that was reported in Rugby league weekly the other week and I told see why he or the paper would lie. So Brough was never an option.

I also find it interesting that all the players on the Beeb never had widdop in there teams.  Although I would prefer him to Chase. However I think Sinfleld does a good solid job.

I think the bigger issue is around Burrows, Roby or Mcllorum... two out of those 3 and I would prefer Burrows on the bench to come on to give the extra impetus to the team when they are starting to drop off

Edited by redjonn, 16 November 2013 - 10:26 PM.

#7 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:32 PM

well the scottish coach is reported as saying that Brough told him he would be available for Scotland back at beginning of Feb... that was reported in Rugby league weekly the other week and I told see why he or the paper would lie. So Brough was never an option.

I also find it interesting that all the players on the Beeb never had widdop in there teams.  Although I would prefer him to Chase. However I think Sinfleld does a good solid job.

I think the bigger issue is around Burrows, Roby or Mcllorum... two out of those 3 and I would prefer Burrows on the bench to come on to give the extra impetus to the team when they are starting to drop off

Jon Wilkins had him on the left wing in place of Ryan Hall. Says it all about those selections!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#8 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

I'm a bulls fan who knows that McNamara is a poor coach. I have always thought that Sinfield and Chase are overrated. Craig Bellamy is a good coach . He thinks widdop is good enough to play with smith Cronkite and slater. Any comments? On tonight's performance it's Australia New Zealand final

Jeez. Let it go man. Move on. Baring any injuries, we've know the spine of the team for months. After the World Cup is over, it'll be different, but while we're still in it, just get behind the team.

Edited by South Wakefield Sharks, 16 November 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#9 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

Oh, really, this needs a new thread? Brough for England, again...

It needed another defence though. Kev did a little scuffle forwards this evening. I bet you felt vindicated.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#10 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:00 AM

Mcllorum will get involved in a tussle or2 and give away penalties which will cost us dear. 

#11 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

Jon Wilkins had him on the left wing in place of Ryan Hall. Says it all about those selections!!!

Think it says more about BBC's coverage that nobody spotted what was a clear error. Didn't enjoy their coverage tonight - maybe it was the standard of the game they were commentating on

#12 DoubleD

DoubleD
  • Players
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:28 AM

I too am more concerned with the potential of McIllorum playing. Good and solid in defence but he is a one trick pony and liable to give away penalties which NZ and Aus will punish us dearly. I really don't understand why we play him - distribution is slow out of dummy half and he has no kicking game. We looked far more effective when Roby came on in his place tonight and also when Burrow replaced him against Fiji.

In my view we need to start with Roby at 9 and Burrow on the bench

#13 scout

scout
  • Coach
  • 426 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:33 AM

England 6 and 7 did nothing wrong yesterday against France
One love One Hindpool

#14 wiganlad

wiganlad
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:59 AM

Did you not mean " England 6 and 7 did nothing yesterday against France"?

#15 Simmo

Simmo
  • Banned
  • 548 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:28 AM

It would be great if the Widdop fan club could confine their comments to this thread. He could even have his own sub forum. :)

You mean like Sinfield already has?

Seems like it's OK to back Sinfield to the hilt despite his very obvious deficiencies, but it's not OK to put forward a case for Widdop to play.

#16 scout

scout
  • Coach
  • 426 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:37 AM

I would like to hear what the forum users generally believe an English 6 and 7 need to do to be judged to have played well. Just a general interest
One love One Hindpool

#17 Simmo

Simmo
  • Banned
  • 548 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

I would like to hear what the forum users generally believe an English 6 and 7 need to do to be judged to have played well. Just a general interest

OK I'll start.

How about just one dominant performance from either of our halves in the whole World Cup?

Things have now got so bad that we are lauding Sinfield for a kick he did on the third tackle.

#18 Paddsy

Paddsy
  • Players
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

this is silly

#19 Simmo

Simmo
  • Banned
  • 548 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:03 AM

this is silly

Thanks for that.

#20 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:33 AM

The simple fact is, the current halfback partnership isn't effective.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users