Photo
- - - - -

Good forwards but can we get rid of sinfield and chase (merged threads)

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#41 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

Add Foran to that list plus the Samoan 7, and Wallace (though he did have a less influential 1/4 final game)

#42 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 784 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

What does Rangi Chase offer the current England team?

After watching him yesterday I am really struggling to understand why he is in the team, he was woeful, again!

Everything he does is completely random, so much so it is apparent the rest of the team have no idea what is going on when he has the ball. Outside of that he is a huge liability discipline wise and one we cannot afford to take into a World Cup semi final.

Please Mr McNamara start Widdop if he is 100% fit and not Chase, it smacks of a huge coaching rick just waiting to happen at the wrong point of the World Cup.

Chase offers nothing to this team and cannot play to any structure, just leave him out of the 17 please!!!!!

#43 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

England 6 and 7 did nothing wrong yesterday against France

If you could tell us what they created that was right, then that could make your comment a little more understandable.

#44 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

The only person banging on about England's number 7 is you.

I find that comment insulting Chris and would hereby like to make known my support publicly, to Simmo's banging on, right? :shout:

#45 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

I find that comment insulting Chris and would hereby like to make known my support publicly, to Simmo's banging on, right? :shout:

There are lots of fans "banging on" about it but not all of them post on here. At the end of the day McNamara has made his mind up and he will not budge especially not at this late stage in the competition, so we all have to make the best of it and start praying.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#46 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,614 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

I'm a bulls fan who knows that McNamara is a poor coach. I have always thought that Sinfield and Chase are overrated. Craig Bellamy is a good coach . He thinks widdop is good enough to play with smith Cronkite and slater. Any comments? On tonight's performance it's Australia New Zealand final

I'm a bulls fan who knows that McNamara is a poor coach. I have always thought that Sinfield and Chase are overrated.

This might be your opinion, of course, but that does not make it knowledge.  Equally, thinking something doesn't make it right either.   Why do you think McNamara got the job?  Does he have a worse record than any other GB or England coach over the last 20 years or so?

#47 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

I'm a bulls fan who knows that McNamara is a poor coach. I have always thought that Sinfield and Chase are overrated.

This might be your opinion, of course, but that does not make it knowledge.  Equally, thinking something doesn't make it right either.   Why do you think McNamara got the job?  Does he have a worse record than any other GB or England coach over the last 20 years or so?

Go on then John, tell us why you think he got the job then if you can tell us how successful England are currently looking to be, following three years of his tutelage.

#48 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

England 6 and 7 did nothing wrong yesterday against France

England's number 6 made 5 errors yesterday.

#49 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,614 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

Go on then John, tell us why you think he got the job then if you can tell us how successful England are currently looking to be, following three years of his tutelage.

Not for me to say, but then, I don't have an irrational dislike of McNamara. Nor do I spend all my waking hours looking for excuses to criticise him.

I asked Eltullah  why he thought McNamara got the job. Maybe you know the answer to the question about the tremendous success achieved by previous coaches...or maybe not.

Edited by JohnM, 17 November 2013 - 06:26 PM.

#50 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,596 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:27 PM

Hang him,hang him high :(  

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#51 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

What teams halves are standing out so far in the World Cup?

Rangi Chase - 4 try assists, 1 clean break, 16 tackle busts, 60 carries, 7 errors, 1 try.

Keiron Foran - 9 try assists, 2 clean breaks, 5 tackle busts, 46 carries, 1 error, 0 tries.

See how much more clinical Foran is. Rangi makes plenty of tackle busts but has no end product whatsoever. If we did not have Sam Tomkins in our backline who has contributed 7 try assists we would be in serious trouble. Not to mention Rangi Chase did not make one clean break or one try assist against Australia.

#52 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

The only person banging on about England's number 7 is you.

Think there are a few others who really unhappy about an average Test player filling the number 7 role - badly.

#53 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

What does Rangi Chase offer the current England team?

After watching him yesterday I am really struggling to understand why he is in the team, he was woeful, again!

Everything he does is completely random, so much so it is apparent the rest of the team have no idea what is going on when he has the ball. Outside of that he is a huge liability discipline wise and one we cannot afford to take into a World Cup semi final.

Please Mr McNamara start Widdop if he is 100% fit and not Chase, it smacks of a huge coaching rick just waiting to happen at the wrong point of the World Cup.

Chase offers nothing to this team and cannot play to any structure, just leave him out of the 17 please!!!!!

He hasn't been great - but play him outside a decent scrum half and something different might happen....

#54 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

Rangi Chase - 4 try assists, 1 clean break, 16 tackle busts, 60 carries, 7 errors, 1 try.

Keiron Foran - 9 try assists, 2 clean breaks, 5 tackle busts, 46 carries, 1 error, 0 tries.

See how much more clinical Foran is. Rangi makes plenty of tackle busts but has no end product whatsoever. If we did not have Sam Tomkins in our backline who has contributed 7 try assists we would be in serious trouble. Not to mention Rangi Chase did not make one clean break or one try assist against Australia.

Your stats prove absolutely nothing at all I'm afraid. You could use them stats to argue chase is the more dangerous player if you wanted.

#55 dibbley

dibbley
  • Coach
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

Part of the reason why there is no improvement is that week to week players get away with those unforced errors, and the giving away of unnecessary penalties.  

There is no negative consequence or impact.  

The fear of losing their place for making too many mistakes is not there, and so there is no motivation to improve on their own mental toughness to learn to make the right decisions.  

Rotating players properly like Australia have done, leaves each one threatened and under pressure to perform, or they know they will lose their place.

Cronk was wobbly on Saturday, and I'm sure he'll be sweating on his place this week.  Rangi was not very good, and is probably expecting to play again next week.

#56 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

I would like to know how SM got the job as well, I'm not saying he shouldn't have it,I'm just thinking it was a very strange choice on the back of his performance at Bradford.

Maybe nobody else wanted the job, It being a poisoned chalice so to speak, but i would think his days would be numbered at the Bulls, and so was readily available

He has been more baffling in his choices than most, although i can't remember a England coach who has not been hounded on here for his selections.

Regarding K Sinfield, Someone has said he has been solid and i don't disagree with that, Except that solid isn't what we want or need, We need flair and speed of the Tomkins variety, rather than a Jack of all trades. Either way It's all too late now so we have to get behind what we have, although i would not be unhappy to see Chace replaced.

Not sure about MM either, he is a very aggressive defender, but you sometimes get the impression he is more up for the Agro than the game.

All that said whoever pulls on the shirt should get our support, But i reckon they are going to have to up their game somewhat

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#57 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

I would like to know how SM got the job as well, I'm not saying he shouldn't have it,I'm just thinking it was a very strange choice on the back of his performance at Bradford.
 Maybe nobody else wanted the job, It being a poisoned chalice so to speak, but i would think his days would be numbered at the Bulls, and so was readily available
 He has been more baffling in his choices than most, although i can't remember a England coach who has not been hounded on here for his selections.
 Regarding K Sinfield, Someone has said he has been solid and i don't disagree with that, Except that solid isn't what we want or need, We need flair and speed of the Tomkins variety, rather than a Jack of all trades. Either way It's all too late now so we have to get behind what we have, although i would not be unhappy to see Chace replaced.
 Not sure about MM either, he is a very aggressive defender, but you sometimes get the impression he is more up for the Agro than the game.
 All that said whoever pulls on the shirt should get our support, But i reckon they are going to have to up their game somewhat

denis betts was the other candidate shortlisted...whilst he was still at gloucester RU, for me mc namara was the wrong choice especially after presiding over the worst bradford team for many many years.

Edited by Viking Warrior, 17 November 2013 - 07:14 PM.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#58 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

I don't know anyone who is happy with England's selection of Chase and Sinfield at 6 & 7.
McNamara's other team selections are odd, it's also pretty well known within the game that he can't put a structure into the team, they have no tactics or game plan and he is not able to motivate his players.
That has shown through all tournament and the Exiles games previously.
We have some out standing English players in the squad and some not, let's just hope that they can play to their full potential on Saturday v the Kiwis.

#59 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

I don't know anyone who is happy with England's selection of Chase and Sinfield at 6 & 7.
McNamara's other team selections are odd, it's also pretty well known within the game that he can't put a structure into the team, they have no tactics or game plan and he is not able to motivate his players.
That has shown through all tournament and the Exiles games previously.
We have some out standing English players in the squad and some not, let's just hope that they can play to their full potential on Saturday v the Kiwis.

Amen Father....

#60 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

lets just stop banging on about the inevitable, we will lose against the kiwis on sat, chase will start be dire, sinfield wont show up end of story-we cant pick the team its mcnamaras choice

Edited by bedlam breakout, 17 November 2013 - 10:04 PM.

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users