Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Good forwards but can we get rid of sinfield and chase (merged threads)

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#81 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

NZ have been convincing in all their matches though.

Only in patches.

#82 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

NZ have been convincing in all their matches though.

No they haven't. They only beat Samoa by 18 points, only 2 more than Fiji did.

#83 7723

• Coach
  • 551 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

No they haven't. They only beat Samoa by 18 points, only 2 more than Fiji did.

In their first match they won by 18 points, that's pretty convincing.

#84 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

In their first match they won by 18 points, that's pretty convincing.

How many unanswered points did Samoa put on them? They have been far from convincing at times, strange why you want to put NZ on some kind of pedestal.

#85 7723

• Coach
  • 551 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

How many unanswered points did Samoa put on them? They have been far from convincing at times, strange why you want to put NZ on some kind of pedestal.

Not really, you brought NZ into this, I'm just replying to posts that have cropped up after that. FWIW I think NZ will win the world cup.

#86 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:21 PM

Not really, you brought NZ into this, I'm just replying to posts that have cropped up after that. FWIW I think NZ will win the world cup.

They may well do but they will have to get passed a very good England side who will be far and away the toughest test they have faced so far, the last game they played against good opposition the got well beaten, the same opposition that England got very close to beating earlier in this WC.

But past results and performances (even in this current WC) will count for very little on Saturday.

#87 jacksy

jacksy
  • Coach
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

Yeah cos Sinfield is already on that pedestal :P

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

#88 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

Yeah cos Sinfield is already on that pedestal :P

I take it that's some kind of dig? I can't tell as it doesn't make any sense.

#89 GaryO

GaryO
  • Coach
  • 405 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

Never before has a GB/England coach been afforded so much time and availability to his charges, he has had the luxury of getting his multiple P's correct i.e. Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents P155 Poor Performance, if we do not come up with the goods and lose, then:-

1) Tactically he has got it wrong.

2) His selection criteria, is wrong.

3) We are simply not good enough, to compete at this level.

If we do lose and the post-mortem suggests either 1) or 2) to be at fault, then he has to go, no second chance, If it is deemed that 3) is responsible well er..................

Mr Moderator please excuse the vernacular, it is not meant to offend, it is an essential part of the phrase.

You do realise we are in the Semi finals on Saturday don't you.

Why not wait and see how far we progress before you perform your post mortem, your 3 points could all turn out to be absolute tosh.

Chris, obviously you do not read before you get flustered, I was replying to another posters thread who brought up the point of the ETS.

I was expanding my thoughts of what if - if you care to look again - not this should, please read again and you will see I said "if we lose", not like that little voice in the back of your head that is telling you otherwise!

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

#90 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

Chris, obviously you do not read before you get flustered, I was replying to another posters thread who brought up the point of the ETS.

I was expanding my thoughts of what if - if you care to look again - not this should, please read again and you will see I said "if we lose", not like that little voice in the back of your head that is telling you otherwise!

Apologies, I mis read the post.

#91 GaryO

GaryO
  • Coach
  • 405 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

Apologies, I mis read the post.

Graciously accepted.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

#92 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

Can all the Chase haters and pro-widdop gang shut up now. Also can they be man-enough to admit they're wrong if Widdop has a shocker on Saturday?

#93 jacksy

jacksy
  • Coach
  • 279 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

I take it that's some kind of dig? I can't tell as it doesn't make any sense.

I was just having a bit of fun with you. In not a very good way. I was suggesting that there is no room on that pedestal because you have already put Sinfield on it.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

#94 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

Can all the Chase haters and pro-widdop gang shut up now. Also can they be man-enough to admit they're wrong if Widdop has a shocker on Saturday?

I for one will. But seeing Widdop excel in NRL grand finals makes me think he will be able to cope under the pressure.

#95 DoubleD

DoubleD
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

No doubt McNamara will still get blamed for this decision if Widdop has a shocker.

I think it's the right move though and Burrow on the bench, with Roby at starting hooker makes me feel confident we may stand a chance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users