Get the League Express Yearbook 2013/14, The Forbidden Game, All Blacks to All Golds and many more great Rugby League books at knock down prices in our Easter Sale on now at www.totalrl.com/shop but hurry, all offers end Sunday 27th April.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

2014 squad.

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

1.Carter
2.Miller
3.Mossop
4.Morris
5.Haney
6.Lupton
7.C Phillips
8.Coward
9.Mattinson
10.Shackley
11.B Phillips
12.Stack
13.Olstrom
14.Connor
15.Rooney
16.Forber
17.Mcavoy
18.Duerden
19.Lucock
20.Rowlandson
21.Mcgoff
22.Gaskell

Edited by scott, 13 January 2014 - 11:51 AM.

#2 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

Im pretty sure kieran mcavoy will be signed on as well, and what about the young winger who played in our last 2 games.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

Neither of them look first teamers on what we've seen . We certainly need to be identifying some high end quality to go with the numbers and promising amateurs .

Edited by DavidM, 17 November 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#4 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 614 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

We need some experience!

#5 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

We need some experience!

yep, even if its good championship level experience.

#6 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,454 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

Here's a list of every Championship clubs playing staff.

http://forums.rlfans...tsmp=1384723665

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

That is interesting .Clubs are recruiting - and in key areas like halfback . Leatherbarrow to Batley , Hemingway and Thackeray to Dews , Nicklas to Donny , Handforth good signing for Keighley , Moore to Fev etc. Clubs striving for quality n experience in key areas , guys who get you round the paddock and make the difference when teams are similarly matched . And they're in for a full preseason to work with . That's important . I like the way Donny are building . Emphasis on quality and identifying positions is better than big numbers with DR around . To much of our game was on Luptons shoulders last year , so a half to share that burden would be good , as Callum's more of an individual weapon . And if it's gonna come down to Widnes you'd hope it was a long loan to gel in .

Edited by DavidM, 17 November 2013 - 09:59 PM.

#8 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:21 AM

No mention of Jamie Thackeray?

#9 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

Who will be your halfbacks next year.A top youngster worth looking at would be Tom Gilmore.

#10 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

I thought you had all looked round the forums and most teams were yet to sign players ? I think you will find most teams are just about complete !!!! Same old year on year - any bets we run out of numbers towards the end of the season like the previous 3 ???

#11 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:11 AM

Who said they were yet to sign players?

#12 abu

abu
  • Coach
  • 753 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

HAVEN10 did,ent your team at the rec have to get some amatuers to make up the team at the end of last year,and when you keep saying our team you mean the jam eaters.

#13 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

Good to hear Charlo in the star talking about what we are saying , that we need a few good players in key areas . The hard bit is getting them I guess , but no doubt the work is going on . Sooner the better really to have your squad gelling in . You'd want the vast majority done by the years turn and you've got the friendlies and 7 weeks or so to work .

#14 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

Good to hear Charlo in the star talking about what we are saying , that we need a few good players in key areas . The hard bit is getting them I guess , but no doubt the work is going on . Sooner the better really to have your squad gelling in . You'd want the vast majority done by the years turn and you've got the friendlies and 7 weeks or so to work .

But you also meed the right players, not just signing to make up numbers. I would prefer them to take there time and get the best and right people.

#15 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

Yes . Things aren't so neat I know . You're right .

#16 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,454 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

From the Xtreme Fitness page on Facebook it looks like Elliott, Matty and Duerden were the fittest in the exercises at the weekend but who is "Ruari" that was best on one of the exercises??

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#17 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

From the Xtreme Fitness page on Facebook it looks like Elliott, Matty and Duerden were the fittest in the exercises at the weekend but who is "Ruari" that was best on one of the exercises??

Isnt that McGoffs first name?

#18 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

yeah it sounds like mcgoff. Dont think he has resigned for barrow, not sure if hes good enough or explosive enough for the championship. And surely mcgoff wouldnt be the fittest would he?

#19 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

If we re-signed him I may cry ...

#20 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:00 PM