TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

2014 squad.

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 854 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

I am wondering why we are starting training a week thursday seems a bit late to me,and our coach says give them a weeks rest??????

#22 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

North Wales Crusaders are putting together a tidy looking squad. They have just signed Mark Offerdahl the USA prop.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#23 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:51 PM

Now that is a very good signing for them

#24 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

Well we need IMO - a full back - winger - centre - 2 props - 1 back row ....

Few to find especially at this time of the year

#25 pensioner

pensioner
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:29 AM

Well we need IMO - a full back - winger - centre - 2 props - 1 back row ....

Few to find especially at this time of the year

Well if that's what Haven need, it's what they need. But why would we be worried about that?

#26 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

I would agree with that list but change 1 prop for one half . I think Shacks could see more game time at prop .

#27 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

I dont think we need another winger, we have ell and haney, and with flynn on dual reg I wouldnt be wasting money on another wing. Were desperate for another half but I think callum and lupton need to be given a long run as a partnership. As for centres we have plenty and although none are going to set the world on fire the likes of dan rooney will thrive with a more experienced callum getting the ball out wide to him, again with hulme coming in we can use the money elsewhere. A fullback has to be our next signing, whether its brett or a new signing. Maybe even give connor a run there.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#28 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 854 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

Yes i agree Wonky give Callum @ Lupton a good spell together,we have signed Lucock who will be a good cover for Matty,just would like to here that brett Carter had signed back.

#29 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

We need a squad tho - we can't just go with 2 wingers one of which will be moved to FB as cover meaning JP will get a call up - last season we did ok - now have lost thacks / dowes / calders / acton / obvs walne carter ? There's some experience there - needs to add to our squad year on year not start from scratch . A halfback would be nice but Lupton / Callum - forber is ok there - you get too many options in there and too many changes happen - has anyone mentioned a goal kicker is forber won't make the 13 ?

#30 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

I dont think we need another winger, we have ell and haney, and with flynn on dual reg I wouldnt be wasting money on another wing. Were desperate for another half but I think callum and lupton need to be given a long run as a partnership. As for centres we have plenty and although none are going to set the world on fire the likes of dan rooney will thrive with a more experienced callum getting the ball out wide to him, again with hulme coming in we can use the money elsewhere. A fullback has to be our next signing, whether its brett or a new signing. Maybe even give connor a run there.

How do you know Flynn and Hume are coming ? Why should we rely on duel reg ?

#31 goingupthetown

goingupthetown
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

Conner on his way

#32 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

Good -

#33 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 903 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

Where is he going?

#34 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

How do you know Flynn and Hume are coming ? Why should we rely on duel reg ?

because why have dual reg if your not going to utilise it. Do you see paddy and declan playing many games for widnes? I doubt it and both have shown eagerness to play for town, so its a bit of an obvious match.

#35 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

Conner on his way

wheres he off mate. Hes one we all seemed to think was set to deliver but he just never did, a couple of sparks but other than that a bit lackluster. He never come in and involved himself enough for my liking.

#36 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

Conner on his way

Is that In or Out. He has been playing union in Scotland hasn't he?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#37 thetimberman

thetimberman
  • Coach
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

Conner on his way

Was playing in Scotland but now believed to off to Gloucester RU but could be League i suppose

Edited by thetimberman, 23 November 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#38 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

I'm sure we will find out soon enough

#39 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

Can't make my mind up if I want him or not . He has the physique and some wheels , and there looks a good player in there , but we only actually saw it in brief flashes . Whether they found his position may be a part of it , as well as the structure we play . Don't know , can't help feel that with another offseason he'd be a more than handy utility player , but more end product needed . Also if he got better ball to the fringes if he plays out there . And deadly goal kicker .

Edited by DavidM, 23 November 2013 - 05:23 PM.

#40 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 854 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

Think it,s about time Brett Carter made up his mind,surly he should know by now, come on BRETT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users