Photo
- - - - -

23/11/13 - World Cup Semi Final 1: England v New Zealand (Wembley)

• Please log in to reply
767 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (110 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. England by 25 points or more (3 votes [2.73%])

Percentage of vote: 2.73%

2. England by 19 to 24 points (1 votes [0.91%])

Percentage of vote: 0.91%

3. England by 13 to 18 points (3 votes [2.73%])

Percentage of vote: 2.73%

4. England by 7 to 12 points (35 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

5. England by 1 to 6 points (22 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

6. New Zealand by 1 to 6 points (8 votes [7.27%])

Percentage of vote: 7.27%

7. New Zealand by 7 to 12 points (11 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

8. New Zealand by 13 to 18 points (16 votes [14.55%])

Percentage of vote: 14.55%

9. New Zealand by 19 to 24 points (5 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

10. New Zealand by 25 points or more (6 votes [5.45%])

Percentage of vote: 5.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#201 northamptoncougar

northamptoncougar
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:28 PM

It's not a tickling contest - Bring back the Biff

#202 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

This. At least two of them were head shots which could of ended careers.

It's this type of opinion that is softening the game up. Shoulder hits and big shots are fantastic, if illegal to the head send them off, but most people enjoy the Biff!
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#203 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

This. At least two of them were head shots which could of ended careers.

Exactly, is this the image we want to portray of rugby league to potential supporters and parents of junior players.

#204 mt smart

mt smart
  • Coach
  • 642 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

It's not a tickling contest - Bring back the Biff

They're thugs when they play for the opposition , heroes when they are wearing your club Jersey and thump someone who deserves it

My favorite Forward was Morely.

Didn't like him much playing the kiwis or the Warriors but apart from the stupid stuff these guys  have you on the edge of your seat.

That's rugby League football.

Living life on the edge of your seat with a chance of falling off.......

Edited by mt smart, 22 November 2013 - 08:19 PM.

#205 Simmo

Simmo
  • Banned
  • 548 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

They're thugs when they play for the opposition , heroes when they are wearing your club Jersey and thump someone who deserves it

My favorite Forward was Morely.

Didn't like him much playing the kiwis or the Warriors but apart from the stupid stuff these guys  have you on the edge of your seat.

That's rugby League football.

Living life on the edge of your seat with a chance of falling off.......

Or getting knocked off by a thug.

#206 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

Anybody nervous?

Feel like a kid before my exams!

#207 Crunchers Dad

Crunchers Dad
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

About to leave at. 9pm as the little one has Cricket training, driving to hotel, should be there about 3am. Mad, but it's England.
Come on boys do us proud.

#208 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

JWH is no different to Sam Burgess and probably has a cleaner record with the Judiciary.

#209 mt smart

mt smart
  • Coach
  • 642 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

Anybody nervous?

Feel like a kid before my exams!

I've got my girl swimming in the NZ nationals today ( a kids version for ten year olds ) so the Nerves are through the roof , the game means very little this weekend , it's a really nice space to be in .....the first time in me life I'm not winding up over a Kiwis game......it's like....ah it will be nice if we win !!! outrageous but there it is....blood is thicker than water.

I'm excited about the game don't get me wrong , but I'm in a win win here......I'm a huge England fan so if they win I'll recover quickly with the final for my then to be adopted England team to Win next week.

If the Kiwis Win I'll go nuts !

We all just need to see both teams play at their very best ,  that being the case no one can predict the eventual outcome , both teams are magnificent.

GO THE KIWIS !!!

Edited by mt smart, 22 November 2013 - 09:34 PM.

#210 Banbury Wolf

Banbury Wolf
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

I've got my girl swimming in the NZ nationals today ( a kids version for ten year olds ) so the Nerves are through the roof , the game means very little this weekend , it's a really nice space to be in .....the first time in me life I'm not winding up over a Kiwis game......it's like....ah it will be nice if we win !!! outrageous but there it is....blood is thicker than water.

I'm excited about the game don't get me wrong , but I'm in a win win here......I'm a huge England fan so if they win I'll recover quickly with the final for my then to be adopted England team to Win next week.

If the Kiwis Win I'll go nuts !

We all just need to see both teams play at their very best ,  that being the case no one can predict the eventual outcome , both teams are magnificent.

GO THE KIWIS !!!

I'll be cheering anyone wearing white tomorrow (including Fiji) -- if that fails on both fronts, then I will of course be cheering anyone NOT wearing green in the final.

#211 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:04 PM

I've got my girl swimming in the NZ nationals today

Hope your girl does really well and your Kiwis don't.

Come on England!
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#212 mt smart

mt smart
  • Coach
  • 642 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:59 AM

Hope your girl does really well and your Kiwis don't.
Come on England!

thanks. Bit embarrassing my bad it was qualifying meet for nz champs , she went well new to the swim scene , so three months training to get to that level the girl might have talent !

#213 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:14 AM

This is a nightmare for me as I don't finish work until around 2pm and I won't be back home until 14.30-15.00 so i'll miss the whole live match on the bbc, does anybody now if the match will be replayed in its entirety on the red button or something? It's going to be hard work trying to avoid any updates on the radio.

#214 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:17 AM

This is a nightmare for me as I don't finish work until around 2pm and I won't be back home until 14.30-15.00 so i'll miss the whole live match on the bbc, does anybody now if the match will be replayed in its entirety on the red button or something? It's going to be hard work trying to avoid any updates on the radio.

Do you not have a DVR of any type?

Iplayer will have it a couple of hours after the game I'd assume. Premier will replay it too if you have that.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#215 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:33 AM

Do you not have a DVR of any type?
Iplayer will have it a couple of hours after the game I'd assume. Premier will replay it too if you have that.

Don't have anything like sky plus or premier sports, the iplayer sounds like the best bet but I've to visions of seeing the result when I hunt it out on the BBC's sport page. I can't even listen to it on the radio as the work vans don't have 5live sports-extra. F-ing nightmare!

#216 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,355 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:39 AM

Early start here, setting off in 10. Hardly any sleep so hope to get a bit on the coach. Hope its worth it!! See you there all.

#217 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:58 AM

So it's the day of the match and it's prediction time, although I picked the kiwis to lift the rlwc2013 trophy and think when they've got their strongest team on the pitch they are the best RL nation on the planet i'd much rather face NZ than the Aussies because they(NZ) play a much more expansive game, off loads and throwing the ball around which can result in more errors compared to the more methodical and percentage style of game played by the Aussies who wear us(England) down before killing us with flashes of brilliance before halftime and just after halftime. I'll go for England winning in a brutal and close match with no more than 2-6 points between us, I have a feeling that goal kicking will be vital for both teams.

#218 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:48 AM

You don't sound too good. Are you sure you're feeling ok? I think you maybe coming down with something. I recommend a day of full rest. Phone in sick and then wrap yourself up warm on the sofa, watching a film or MAYBE SOME SPORT OF SOME DESCRIPTION (wink, wink) and you hopefully will feel better by mid afternoon.

Trust me, I'm (not) a doctor!

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino, 23 November 2013 - 05:49 AM.

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#219 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:21 AM

Game day. Anyone else nervous????

I suppose the good news is that if we get tonked by 50 points the Cricket team will still get the front page!!!

#220 Banbury Wolf

Banbury Wolf
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:25 AM

Options:

- Live video feed on the BBC website (if your work environment will allow)

- BBC iPlayer replay of whole BBC programme ... but you'd probably have to wait until up to 24 hours after the match as it's variable how much time passes before these things make it to the iPlayer.

- Do you have a TV recorder of some description!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users