Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

23/11/13 - World Cup Semi Final 1: England v New Zealand (Wembley)

• Please log in to reply
767 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (110 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. England by 25 points or more (3 votes [2.73%])

Percentage of vote: 2.73%

2. England by 19 to 24 points (1 votes [0.91%])

Percentage of vote: 0.91%

3. England by 13 to 18 points (3 votes [2.73%])

Percentage of vote: 2.73%

4. England by 7 to 12 points (35 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

5. England by 1 to 6 points (22 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

6. New Zealand by 1 to 6 points (8 votes [7.27%])

Percentage of vote: 7.27%

7. New Zealand by 7 to 12 points (11 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

8. New Zealand by 13 to 18 points (16 votes [14.55%])

Percentage of vote: 14.55%

9. New Zealand by 19 to 24 points (5 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

10. New Zealand by 25 points or more (6 votes [5.45%])

Percentage of vote: 5.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#761 Catkin

Catkin
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

Welcome aboard, and thanks for your views.

To all the detractors out there (and I don't mean on this board) like Buzz Rothfield etc. this is what a world cup and international rugby league is all about. Spreading the gospel!

Thanks - on the back of the World Cup have planned a trip to Hull KR v Leeds in February and then a weekender in March with the lads to see Leeds v Warrington on the Friday night, and then either the Bradford - Hudd game or the Cas v Hull game (undecided on which - my preference is Cas as it looks a more atmospheric ground generally and should be a more competitive game but some of our group have expressed a preference for odsal??)

#762 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

We will most graciously agree to disagree, but highlighted is my point, given that extra maturity and learning factor, they get over the line for mine. 

Maturity comes with experience, not through playing in the NRL, and they could have as easily learned new things in playing for a different SL club as they could in playing for an NRL team.  There are poor NRL coaches just as there are good ones; same as in the SL. 

#763 Dennis Bloodnock

Dennis Bloodnock
  • Coach
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

Well, it was an NRL based player who gave away the killer penalty so should he have not done that since he's somehow honed in the NRL and therefore by default better in some unknown regard than those honed in the SL?

James Graham was honed in the SL and it was because he was so good that the NRL came after him.  As I've said before, James Graham looked exactly the same player as he has always looked.  I know because I watched him weekly over here and I watch him weekly over there.  He is no different.  I can't speak for the others because they weren't established in their first grade careers before moving to Australia.  But the NRL hasn't made a jot of difference to James Graham.  He was superb here and he's superb there.

When James Graham came over to the Bulldogs he was great from the start.When he didn't play they were average.Peter Sterling said how much the Bulldogs need him back.

As for intense games every week,did anybody notice Parramatta every week?

I can speak Esperanto like a native.

#764 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:17 AM

A few photos here, including this weeks League Express cover pic :)

#765 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

I'm really looking forward to this. I think we can run the Kiwis close if we are on top form.................. erm............ wait a minute................ oh pants! :(

#766 The Dude

The Dude
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

A few photos here, including this weeks League Express cover pic :)

I like your work.  How do you go about getting registered so you can cover matches as a photographer?

#767 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

I like your work.  How do you go about getting registered so you can cover matches as a photographer?

Thanks.

There was an accreditation process for the World Cup so I guess anyone could apply not sure exactly what criteria was applied behind the scenes, but you had to provide evidence of published work from the 2013 regular season and the required level of insurance along with details of people you'd be working for.  Then you had to state which games you may cover then apply match by match once the tournament has started finding out around 72 hours before the game if you were in or not.

The easiest, cheapest and most sensible way would be to get a job at an agency or a national/local paper (if you can find any still hiring) and use there licence/kit/insurance.

#768 Yosser

Yosser
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

Thanks - on the back of the World Cup have planned a trip to Hull KR v Leeds in February and then a weekender in March with the lads to see Leeds v Warrington on the Friday night, and then either the Bradford - Hudd game or the Cas v Hull game (undecided on which - my preference is Cas as it looks a more atmospheric ground generally and should be a more competitive game but some of our group have expressed a preference for odsal??)

And a very warm welcome to this great community that is Rugby League. You are at the start of what I hope will prove to be an amazing journey. It can be torturous being a League supporter but stick with it you will be richly rewarded. Get to know the history of the game . Recommend starting with 'The Forbidden Game.'

As regards your itinerary, Odsal and Hull K R's ground can feel a bit remote from the action. Hull will take some support with them to Cas which will help the atmosphere.