Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

23/11/13 - World Cup Semi Final 2: Australia v Fiji (Wembley)

Very interesting

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Australia by 25 points or more (10 votes [34.48%])

Percentage of vote: 34.48%

2. Australia by 19 to 24 points (6 votes [20.69%])

Percentage of vote: 20.69%

3. Australia by 13 to 18 points (5 votes [17.24%])

Percentage of vote: 17.24%

4. Australia by 7 to 12 points (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Australia by 1 to 6 points (1 votes [3.45%])

Percentage of vote: 3.45%

6. Fiji by 1 to 6 points (4 votes [13.79%])

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

7. Fiji by 7 to 12 points (1 votes [3.45%])

Percentage of vote: 3.45%

8. Fiji by 13 to 18 points (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Fiji by 19 to 24 points (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Fiji by 25 points or more (2 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 CGD

CGD
  • Coach
  • 852 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

Heh, what a run by Inglis just before.

While we've had an easy run since our first game, we've made the most out of it. We've been ironing creases and being ruthless. I like what I see.

Congratulations and farewell to one of the great forwards of his era, Petero Civoniceva. Great career, great man.

#62 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

Vossy mentioned my son, Steven, playing in the 86 Wembley curtain raiser. Made my day Andrew, thank you so much.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#63 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 317 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

I think the semi-finals should of been England v NZ at City of Manchester Stadium and Aus v Fiji at Elland Road.

What's the capacity of the Etihad?  20,000 lower than who saw the England game today?  

People would have stayed to watch the second game if either it wasn't over as a contest after 20 minutes, or England had won.  I stayed because I thought both teams deserved it and I'd watched every other game of the tournament either in person or on TV.

Aussies were clinical.  Hard to love but easy to admire.

#64 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,939 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

Vossy mentioned my son, Steven, playing in the 86 Wembley curtain raiser. Made my day Andrew, thank you so much.

Blimey - hadn't put 2 and 2 together.

Bless him
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#65 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

Blimey - hadn't put 2 and 2 together.Bless him

Thanks Kenny

#66 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,414 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

I didn't hear that Terry cos I was listening to the BBC, but if Vossy knows about that amazing lad, it shows what a class act he is. Nice one.

A Fev Blog

#67 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

I didn't hear that Terry cos I was listening to the BBC, but if Vossy knows about that amazing lad, it shows what a class act he is. Nice one.

Couldn't believe what I was hearing Mark. Vossy went into great detail about Steve's appearance at Wembley and the ensuing tragedy and his final comment was to the family to say 'Your son is not forgotten'. Class act indeed.

I'd love to contact him to send our thanks if anyone knows a way.

#68 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,158 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

Blimey - hadn't put 2 and 2 together.

Bless him

Likewise.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#69 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:10 AM

He has ruined the game and it will end up embarassing for RL. He still won't get a gig in the NRL

Was he the ref of the Boxing in Manchester tonight.

#70 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

How good was the break Inglis made towards the end, shame he could not offload to the support.

Jarryd Hayne looks like a handy player.

Edited by boxhead, 24 November 2013 - 09:35 AM.

#71 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

Couldn't believe what I was hearing Mark. Vossy went into great detail about Steve's appearance at Wembley and the ensuing tragedy and his final comment was to the family to say 'Your son is not forgotten'. Class act indeed.
I'd love to contact him to send our thanks if anyone knows a way.

He seems like a genuine League-loving bloke Terry. He is on twitter and often replies to messages there.

#72 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:57 AM

He seems like a genuine League-loving bloke Terry. He is on twitter and often replies to messages there.

Thanks Scubby, he's been a breath of fresh air during this excellent World Cup. I've managed to contact him through FBook now but thanks very much for your help.

#73 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,939 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:10 AM

wrong forum

Edited by Kenilworth Tiger, 24 November 2013 - 11:21 AM.

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#74 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

Was not just a quick comment from Vossy he went in to great detail and with emotion. Just confirms to me what a great bloke he is. Terry I am sure it meant far more to you than what you can describe when somebody mentions your son like that in a big game

Edited by Lounge Room Lizard, 24 November 2013 - 05:57 PM.

#75 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

Was not just a quick comment from Vossy he went in to great detail and with emotion. Just confirms to me what a great bloke he is. Terry I am sure it meant far more to you than what you can describe when somebody mentions your son like that in a big game

Yes mate, it was a pretty special moment, thank you

#76 DoubleD

DoubleD
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:38 PM

Can i just say that Fiji's performance or lack of, for me, was the most disappointing thing in the whole of the world cup. It was embarrassing at times, and given their good performances and steady improvement throughout the world cup, it was deeply disappointing and ultimately led to the majority of the fans leaving early. At times they didn't even show any fight and for a team in the semi finals, i thought it was really poor. Australia didn't even have to play that well. It put a bit (more) of a downer after the first game and was a real anticlimax

#77 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

Can i just say that Fiji's performance or lack of, for me, was the most disappointing thing in the whole of the world cup. It was embarrassing at times, and given their good performances and steady improvement throughout the world cup, it was deeply disappointing and ultimately led to the majority of the fans leaving early. At times they didn't even show any fight and for a team in the semi finals, i thought it was really poor. Australia didn't even have to play that well. It put a bit (more) of a downer after the first game and was a real anticlimax

I completely agree.  They put in a better effort against the Aussies at Langtree Park.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users