Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NRL 2014 fixtures

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

When are the 2014 fixtures due out for the NRL?
I'm visiting Australia in mid March and want to take in some games. We've booked the flights into Sydney on a Saturday night), but won't be arranging anything else until we know whether we can attend fixtures. Hope they are out soon?

#2 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,579 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

The NRL are due to release the first 20 rounds of the 2014 draw in late November 2013.
So that will cover March. Not long before you should be able to plan your moves further
Hope this helps.

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#3 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

Thanks for the reply, not too long to wait. Hope to also get a game in Brisbane as well as Sydney

#4 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,579 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

Thanks for the reply, not too long to wait. Hope to also get a game in Brisbane as well as Sydney

That will be great!

#5 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:36 AM

Doesn`t matter Shaun,you`re sure to get at least three games in Sydney on any weekend and if the Broncos aren`t at home just head down the Gold Coast Highway to watch the Titans as they alternate home matches. See you there!!

#6 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:09 AM

According to someone from the NRL on Twitter (cant remember who now), but they might be out this week, if not then next week.

#7 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 944 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

2014 NRL fixtures comes out on Wednesday 4th December 11am(AEDT).Catch it all on NRL.com.

#8 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

When are the 2014 fixtures due out for the NRL?

I think the various RL's should announce a date before the end of each season when fixtures are going to be announced to avoid this kind of query, then stick to the dates to avoid confusion

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#9 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:19 AM

Supposed to be 11am on Weds 4th which I make has already passed (now 11:20) unless I have the time zones wrong......

#10 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:13 AM

http://www.nrl.com/D...80/Default.aspx

Full Draw

Up Up Cronulla

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#11 oikee

oikee
  • Coach
  • 335 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:08 AM

Some great fixtures their, and the most pleasing out of all the games is the fact they have finally woken up and holding a Anzac day for Brisbane Suncorp. Gee whiz, the penny finally dropped. 

Now all they need is to get a second team into Brisbane so they can grow a proper derby and grow some more derbies with the second team for Cows and titans as well. 

Suncorp must be the most underused world class stadium for Rugby League in the world. 

Be nice to see Dave Smith wake up to the fact that put a second team into Brisbane out of Suncorp will nearly double the crowds and viewers in Queensland and utilise Suncorp, the best stadium in Australia. 

#12 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:40 AM

I`ve lived Down Under for 41 years now (35 in NZ),and am amazed how they refer to "derby" matches here. How the hell can it be a derby between the Broncos and the Cowboys? It`s about 1700 kilometres between Brisbane and Townsville,in fact Sydney is a lot closer to Brisbane,about 1000 kms,so why not call that a "derby" too? We don`t need another team in Brisbane anyway,the Crushers only lasted five minutes,so far better to get a team from Central Queensland or Central NSW (Gosford area).

#13 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

I'll be in Oz on holiday that will coincide with rounds 2 to 5, though I think round 2 will be a write-off.

Will try and get to Brookvale Oval in round 3 (ANZ stadium with 15k in doesn't appeal somehow)and another game from that round.

We will fly home from Brisbane which luckily allows a Friday night game in Brisbane (v Parramatta round 5) the night before.

Whats the best way to get hold of tickets - in advance, on the day?

#14 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:49 PM

On the day,there`ll be no sell outs at any of the games.

#15 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

Starting to put our itinerary together
The games at Manly v Parramatta and at Brisbane are a given and I think I will be able to squeeze one further game in

Its a choice between :
Wests v Souths at ANZ on Friday night (will see the Burgess brothers) or
Penrith v Canterbury on Saturday afternoon (a 'traditional' ground)
Which one would you go for and why?

#16 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,579 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:55 PM

Tough choice for you. I'd go to the traditional ground for atmosphere etc. Would like to see Burgess bros though.

#17 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

I know, can't decide

Not as keen on the ANZ and leaning towards Penrith as a ground to visit, but ANZ may fit better for us as its Friday night and the Burgess brothers.

Thanks for your advice on this thread so far GLasD

#18 mt smart

mt smart
  • Coach
  • 581 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:27 AM

If it were me given those choices I would go and Watch Souths play.

Irespective of the ground they're playing at ( I've been to watch the Dogs at Belmore and played High School game at Penrith ) Souths are one of the foundation clubs and historically the most successful irespective of where they play.

The thing about Souths ( I'm an NZ Warriors Fan ) is that they tend to put on an entertaining game in terms of Drama and they are the secound best club going around imo to watch. 

Glad to hear you are going to see a game in Brisbane as well , can't get any better in the Modern era as far as brands than the Brisbane Broncos.

If it were me and I were looking for a League experience in Australia with some heritage aspect to it.....I would go and watch Souths.

People take the Mickey calling them the pride of the league but at one time.....for the longest time....they were.

Edited by mt smart, 18 January 2014 - 11:04 PM.

#19 oikee

oikee
  • Coach
  • 335 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:22 AM

Starting to put our itinerary together
The games at Manly v Parramatta and at Brisbane are a given and I think I will be able to squeeze one further game in

Its a choice between :
Wests v Souths at ANZ on Friday night (will see the Burgess brothers) or
Penrith v Canterbury on Saturday afternoon (a 'traditional' ground)
Which one would you go for and why?

Wests Souths at ANZ, all the way all the way. Dont miss that game. You will probably make up part of close to a 50 thousand crowd, which will be evenly supported. Life does not get much better than that, except for origin of course. 

#20 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

Tickets now available for Wests v Souths on Ticketek - is this the best way to purchase in advance?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users