Fiji

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

A fabulous game today between Samoa and Fiji.

As second favourates Fiji turned in a tremendous performance.

Lets hope that they can do the same next week.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#2 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

Yes indeed Doug. I thought Samoa again took the hard stuff over the edge but Fiji are capable of handling that sort of stuff and coming back as well.

The Fijian number 5 came inside and literally ties to run through the full back, no hint of a swerve or side step there it was real tough stuff.

Earlier on in the afternoon I saw the news of the S.A. player, Joost van der Oisthezen, not sure of the spelling who has developed motor neurone disease and is already in a wheelchair and speaking very labored. That disease takes no prisoners and can take even the fittest and strongest.

He says he'll fight it and I hope he can do but his chances aren't looking good.

You don't have to look far to see someone worse off than yourself these days!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#3 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

I think there Happy !

https://www.facebook...&type=2

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

Andy 'Ghosty' Rogose is Ghostbuster

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

#4 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

If the guy you refer to was the Springbok scrum half a year or two back he was a top player. My best wishes for his future.

#5 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

I think there Happy !

I wanna be that happy. :tongue:

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#6 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

What a great bunch of guys they are!!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#7 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

Even after a Thumping they still HAPPY !!!!

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

#8 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

Still don't know what I have to do to be that happy, but one things for sure, the Fijian people, team, supporters and friends can have great pride in the way this team have shown to everyone involved in Rugby League how to have pride, passion and belief not just in the sport, but also in everything they touched.

I don't think it has ever been seen before, certainly not in this hemisphere, when at the end of a game, the opposition have joined in a group prayer with their opponents.

Thank you Fiji for some marvellous entertainment, and a brilliant lesson in sportsmanship.

God bless you all.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#9 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:38 AM

Still don't know what I have to do to be that happy, but one things for sure, the Fijian people, team, supporters and friends can have great pride in the way this team have shown to everyone involved in Rugby League how to have pride, passion and belief not just in the sport, but also in everything they touched.

I don't think it has ever been seen before, certainly not in this hemisphere, when at the end of a game, the opposition have joined in a group prayer with their opponents.

Thank you Fiji for some marvellous entertainment, and a brilliant lesson in sportsmanship.

God bless you all.

Can Honestly Say it has been a Pleasure to witness it first hand and even more so to enjoy it with My Family ! ,

I've been Lucky to have been able to sample it with several of the touring Teams and other Family events over the Years but this Tour was the Best so Far because so many of our Friends etc got to Sample it up close also !

I am Sure everybody who managed to meet them enjoyed the experience

and i know First Hand how Grateful they where for the Hospitality and Support the People of a Small Mill Town at the Foot of the Pennines called 'ROCHDALE' gave them !

VINAKA VAKU LEVU !!!

#10 Heywood Tiger

Heywood Tiger
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

Any idea who the potential Fijian/s signings are

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users