Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

A trip down memory lane

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

The following video was shared with us on twitter and is Dewsbury v Manningham played in 1901.

http://t.co/R4EfVMVkhd

What are some of your oldest memories of Dewsbury?

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#2 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

The following video was shared with us on twitter and is Dewsbury v Manningham played in 1901.

http://t.co/R4EfVMVkhd

What are some of your oldest memories of Dewsbury?

Were you the bald bloke by the gate waving his hat arround then BSJ ? All things considered, the quality of the film was pretty good I thought. Wonder what health and safety would have made of the ground ?

#3 Ossy

Ossy
  • Coach
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

'Were you the bald bloke by the gate waving his hat around then BSJ ? All things considered, the quality of the film was pretty good I thought. Wonder what health and safety would have made of the ground'

Cruel 'Grumpy', cruel.

The film was interesting though, particularly the sight of the open stand which, far as I can recall hadn't changed that much when I started following them in the mid to late fifties.

Oz.

#4 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,427 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

Were you the bald bloke by the gate waving his hat arround then BSJ ? All things considered, the quality of the film was pretty good I thought. Wonder what health and safety would have made of the ground ?

I had a full head of hair then Grumpy, or is your memory finally failing you?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#5 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,427 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

'Were you the bald bloke by the gate waving his hat around then BSJ ? All things considered, the quality of the film was pretty good I thought. Wonder what health and safety would have made of the ground'

Cruel 'Grumpy', cruel.

The film was interesting though, particularly the sight of the open stand which, far as I can recall hadn't changed that much when I started following them in the mid to late fifties.

Oz.

Wasn't the stand on the film the main stand Ossie, before it got a roof?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#6 Ossy

Ossy
  • Coach
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

Can't say for sure Johnny, but seeing as you were probably there maybe I should bow to your seniority Seriously though, reckon I'll stick with my original decision 

#7 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,427 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

Can't say for sure Johnny, but seeing as you were probably there maybe I should bow to your seniority Seriously though, reckon I'll stick with my original decision 

If you look closely all of the speccies are seated, unless I'm confusing which stand that you mean.

We were still without a decent stand off in 1901 I note!

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#8 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:01 AM

I had a full head of hair then Grumpy, or is your memory finally failing you?

Touché :laugh: Look at all the industrial chimneys in the background - how many of those are left do you reckon ?  

#9 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:30 AM

Wonderful bit of history,shame we have not got more films of the old ground and past players.Just one thing i notice,the shirts didn't last long during the game,nothing changes :sarcastic:

#10 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,427 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:43 AM

Wonderful bit of history,shame we have not got more films of the old ground and past players.Just one thing i notice,the shirts didn't last long during the game,nothing changes :sarcastic:

Shoddy workmanship eh?

B)

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#11 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

Here is an image shared by Simon Kerr on twitter.

Without looking on twitter - Who is this, and what is the story behind the picture???

BZ_8_VBCAAIo_Enm_jpg_large.jpg

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#12 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:36 AM

The player is Mick Sullivan, and by the look of his shirt it was taken in his days as a St Helens player. I don't recognise the other side, and I don't think that the ground is Crown Flatt, but I reckon that wherever it is they would be chuffed to be half as full on a regular basis.

#13 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,427 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

The player is Mick Sullivan, and by the look of his shirt it was taken in his days as a St Helens player. I don't recognise the other side, and I don't think that the ground is Crown Flatt, but I reckon that wherever it is they would be chuffed to be half as full on a regular basis.

The link is MS's induction into the Hall of Fame and his Dewsbury connection.

Edited by Blind side johnny, 28 November 2013 - 12:05 PM.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users