Nrl chief exec visits

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:24 AM

Noticed on his twitter feed that he'd been to see Arsenal yesterday.. Big mistake. At least he probably now knows how not to run a club.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#22 Copa

Copa
  • Coach
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:52 AM

He may be a decent businessman but he has no roots in the game he is a Welsh Rugby Union man and I think many fans believe there are plenty of shrewd business people who know and love this game rather than this man.
Getting half the media offside is hardly a great move normally.

half the oz media will ##### and moan regardless of who the boss is.

Shrewd Aussie business folk were more than welcome to apply for the job. I sure some did but it seems they were found wanting. The best applicant got the job. Who cares if he has a Welsh background and has played some rugby union? I don't. The guy is a pro who didn't come out of the local incestuous pool of rugby league "business men".

#23 hutch

hutch
  • Coach
  • 401 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:12 AM

Why?
What is his vision, jumping castles?

So far increased advertising revenue, salary cap being reviewed, increased membership, aligning with touch football, funding for grass roots, expansion on agenda, nrl 9's, 5 year plan, international vision and plenty more things which have previously been completely ignored.

#24 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:25 AM

half the oz media will ##### and moan regardless of who the boss is.

Shrewd Aussie business folk were more than welcome to apply for the job. I sure some did but it seems they were found wanting. The best applicant got the job. Who cares if he has a Welsh background and has played some rugby union? I don't. The guy is a pro who didn't come out of the local incestuous pool of rugby league "business men".

How do you know he was the best applicant?

He got the job but that could have been for many reasons.

#25 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:30 AM

So far increased advertising revenue, salary cap being reviewed, increased membership, aligning with touch football, funding for grass roots, expansion on agenda, nrl 9's, 5 year plan, international vision and plenty more things which have previously been completely ignored.

The Salary cap was always going to be reviewed regardless of who was in the position due to the media deal increase.

The increased membership? you mean Club memberships, don't the Clubs do this.

Aligning with touch football is neither here or there.

Funding for grass roots is good and that comes from the new media deal.

Expansion has been on the Agenda for several years nothing new there.

The NRL 9's is a new concept which suits many I guess.

What is his International vision?

You are just trotting out things that have been coming through regardless, you can not say this man is behind all of these things.

If Gallop or any other CEO had the massive increase in revenue you don't think they could do a couple of things?

Put him in charge of the English game and see what he can do with those resources and if he turns the Sponsorship and Media deal around under those circumstances and I would think he was something.

Edited by boxhead, 22 November 2013 - 09:33 AM.

#26 Copa

Copa
  • Coach
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

How do you know he was the best applicant?
He got the job but that could have been for many reasons.

I have faith that the best person got the job. The process seemed clean to me. It didn't have the stink of old-school Australian rugby league "recruitment".

So far things are on the up. Now if only he could get ch9 to get commentators that are decent to listen to. Every time I hear Hadley I want to change channels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users