Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:51 AM

http://www.batleybul...ket-information

#2 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

Nobody commenting? Seems like a bit of a bargain that to me. Hopefully it gets plenty of people buying.

#3 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

well i know my lad is buying me one for xmas

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#4 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

Im sure i paid 150 last year.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#5 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

You owe the Club £10 then :-)

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship Club of the Year 2011"

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#6 wayneg

wayneg
  • Coach
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

Do we know how many games it covers? how much gate price is? fixture list?

Had a quick look on the site the other day and couldn't see anything.

Halifax site seems to suggest 13 games, if £15 again thats £195 value with 10 game attendance break even.

I am almost certain to miss 2 games due to holidays, possibly more so doubt I will buy (3 years since I bought season ticket) not enough incentive anymore. 

As I said last year, added benefits would sell more season tickets, add free parking and/or 10% off merchandise and/or 10% off food & drinks.

For me it just needs something more to tempt me over the basic break even at 10 games.

#7 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

Do we know how many games it covers? how much gate price is? fixture list?

Had a quick look on the site the other day and couldn't see anything.

Halifax site seems to suggest 13 games, if £15 again thats £195 value with 10 game attendance break even.

I am almost certain to miss 2 games due to holidays, possibly more so doubt I will buy (3 years since I bought season ticket) not enough incentive anymore. 

As I said last year, added benefits would sell more season tickets, add free parking and/or 10% off merchandise and/or 10% off food & drinks.

For me it just needs something more to tempt me over the basic break even at 10 games.

I sort of accept what you say, but the club cannot give away the product if we expect to maintain and increase the levels of success we have already achieved. I suspect that our match day experience is cheaper than most. For a club who ended up as runners up last year, our parking is cheaper than most, our programmes are cheaper than any other I have seen on sale, and the prices we offer for products are reasonable to say the least.

I guess you have made the right decision for yourself in the past by not buying, which is fair enough, but I genuinely believe that we have to maintain income in order to maintain achievement.

#8 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

I sort of accept what you say, but the club cannot give away the product if we expect to maintain and increase the levels of success we have already achieved. I suspect that our match day experience is cheaper than most. For a club who ended up as runners up last year, our parking is cheaper than most, our programmes are cheaper than any other I have seen on sale, and the prices we offer for products are reasonable to say the least.

I guess you have made the right decision for yourself in the past by not buying, which is fair enough, but I genuinely believe that we have to maintain income in order to maintain achievement.

Totally agree. Compared to other clubs, our matchday prices are low. That includes food and drink right up to parking and programmes. All extremely good value.

Posted Image

#9 wayneg

wayneg
  • Coach
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

I can only comment on my own expenditure.
Maybe I am not typical but here is how it goes.

Parking, I park away from the ground unless I am late, pay maybe 3 times a season.

Merchandise, not bought anything for 3+ seasons.

Don't buy drinks.

Buy food maybe once in 3 games.

Stopped buying season ticket 3 years ago, stopped breaking my neck trying to get to every home game.

My opinion, the club has more to gain by giving some or all of the benefits I listed.

Parking they might loose £6-8/year but add £10 onto the season ticket, yes I am worse off but willing to pay more as I would prefer to park inground every game.

Merch, 10% might tempt me to buy, losing 10% has to be better than not making a sale at all.

Drinks doubt it would make any difference but if going with a friend/relative might take advantage of 10% off.

Same with food, might just buy a little more knowing I got a discount.

Benefit for club, £160 upfront instead of £150 spread out 10 games over the season + £6-8 parking.

Possible increased sales.

I know I am basing on my own spend and others will be different but its something I would try for 1 season.

Edited by wayneg, 24 November 2013 - 10:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users