Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rugby League Live 2: World Cup Edition (released 21/11)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Moomintroll

Moomintroll
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

Tru Blu Entertainment are releasing an updated version of the Rugby League Live 2 console game just in time (!) for the World Cup. Link below.

http://www.trublu.co...?search=rll2wce

It looks as though it will only be available as a hard copy, and won't be released as DLC (DownLoadable Content) update for the earlier versions of the RLL2 game.

The main differences seem to be:

- an expanded 25-year-long NRL or SL franchise/career mode (as opposed to the original 10 year mode)

- 7 additional stadia from the RLWC2013

- 11 new national teams to go alongside the England, NZ and Aus squads on the earlier versions.

There may have been some gameplay tweaks, but I'm not sure.

Is there enough new content to justify paying full-price for what is essentially an upgrade of an earlier game? I suppose it depends on how much you want to recreate the magic of the RLWC.

#2 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

Tru Blu Entertainment are releasing an updated version of the Rugby League Live 2 console game just in time (!) for the World Cup. Link below.

http://www.trublu.co...?search=rll2wce

It looks as though it will only be available as a hard copy, and won't be released as DLC (DownLoadable Content) update for the earlier versions of the RLL2 game.

The main differences seem to be:

- an expanded 25-year-long NRL or SL franchise/career mode (as opposed to the original 10 year mode)

- 7 additional stadia from the RLWC2013

- 11 new national teams to go alongside the England, NZ and Aus squads on the earlier versions.

There may have been some gameplay tweaks, but I'm not sure.

Is there enough new content to justify paying full-price for what is essentially an upgrade of an earlier game? I suppose it depends on how much you want to recreate the magic of the RLWC.

Is there a 12x2 3x8 option for SL :ph34r:

#3 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

I pre-ordered mine 2 weeks ago

#4 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

Thinking of getting it, mainly because I don't have a RL game. Trouble is, with the past month being utterly dominated by the RLWC, I have the feeling my Mrs is going to flip if she comes home from work and finds me playing a RLWC-themed game. Ho hum!

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#5 jacksy

jacksy
  • Coach
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:23 PM

I wish they would create a PC version

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

#6 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:11 PM

I've never played any of these computer games, apart from Super Mario on the kids' WII and I struggle with that! Are there places where you can try these games first?

I'm not sure it's really my thing, but I must admit I'm intrigued.

#7 LJEPRatchford

LJEPRatchford
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

Scott, where did you pre-order it from? As I'm gonna buy it just not sure where from.

#8 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 686 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

So is Wembley on it now? Get the Challenge Cup on the career mode aswell if so!
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#9 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

So is Wembley on it now? Get the Challenge Cup on the career mode aswell if so!

It says an additional 7 grounds, so I assume they aren't all on from the WC. One of the things that is putting me off tbh.

The attraction of the International kits, logos and players is good, but to be accurate they would need:

Leigh

Bristol

Rochdale

Workington

Limerick

Wembley

Cardiff

Avignon

Halifax

Neath

Wrexham

So it suggests 4 of these are missing off the list.

#10 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

Scott, where did you pre-order it from? As I'm gonna buy it just not sure where from.

Game seek mate

#11 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

It says an additional 7 grounds, so I assume they aren't all on from the WC. One of the things that is putting me off tbh.

The attraction of the International kits, logos and players is good, but to be accurate they would need:
Leigh
Bristol
Rochdale
Workington
Limerick
Wembley
Cardiff
Avignon
Halifax
Neath
Wrexham

So it suggests 4 of these are missing off the list.

It says 11 new stadiums there's 11 there

Edited by scott, 19 November 2013 - 10:43 PM.

#12 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:27 AM

It says 11 new stadiums there's 11 there

says 7 new stadiums - 11 new teams.

#13 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,842 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

Was talking to someone ages ago who was talking photos for the developers to model the grounds on, I'm sure he said he'd been to Bristol, Neath and Wrexham and was certainly trying to get into Wembley not sure if he did or not though, but obviously some places are harder to go it into than others! 

I bet the travel budget didn't stretch to Limerick or Avignon though!

#14 Robbo87

Robbo87
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

I don't think it's worth forking out for to be honest.

I've always bought the games and remember they did exactly the same with rugby league 2 on the ps2.

I already paid for the 2013 roster update a few months ago so I'm not going to pay £30+ for a game that I already own with just the added extras of a few international teams and some new grounds. Other than that the game is effectively the same excluding some minor tweaks. 

If it became available as a DLC and at a reasonable price then maybe, but considering the teams other than international will already be out of date I fail to see how it can be good value. They could atleast offer a free update in a few months to 2014 rosters and kits, then it may appeal a bit more.

#15 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 686 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

I don't think it's worth forking out for to be honest.

I've always bought the games and remember they did exactly the same with rugby league 2 on the ps2.

I already paid for the 2013 roster update a few months ago so I'm not going to pay £30+ for a game that I already own with just the added extras of a few international teams and some new grounds. Other than that the game is effectively the same excluding some minor tweaks.

If it became available as a DLC and at a reasonable price then maybe, but considering the teams other than international will already be out of date I fail to see how it can be good value. They could atleast offer a free update in a few months to 2014 rosters and kits, then it may appeal a bit more.

I'm completely with you on everything there. I wanted to give it a miss. But I've now decided I'll only buy it if The Shay is on it.
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#16 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:18 PM

I do think the international teams and players is a big draw. They should have been in the original game.

I've tried making them with the team creator, but it can be difficult to find some of the players, and obviously the kits look amateur!

#17 Robbo87

Robbo87
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

I actually can't remember if international teams where on the original release but on the DLC I bought a few months ago it included NZ, Aus, England, the exiles and various other rep teams, but not all the world cup teams.

It's great that they have added in a few stadiums and created the world cup teams I just think they are taking it a bit far and milking it for everything it's worth, It's also a shame theres no PC release otherwise someone could just do it themselves, I remember having RLL2 on the pc and someone created their own patch which updated squads, kits and advertisements and it was all for free. Infact, thinking about it, that may be the very reason they haven't released a pc version this time.

#18 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

Tru Blu Entertainment is sorry to announce that RUGBY LEAGUE LIVE 2 – WORLD CUP EDITION has been delayed and will not release on the 21st-22nd November as previously announced. We expect the delay to be anything up to 10 days depending on the territory. Our sincerest apology.

Posted Image

#19 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

1441406_657160830973832_133461621_n.jpg

Posted Image

#20 Moomintroll

Moomintroll
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

Looking at this picture, it appears that Wrexham is indeed included in the new version (you can tell by the roof of the stand on the right-hand side):

screen2.png

I was going to assume that the stadia included within the game were the ones that are used for RL on a fairly regular basis (e.g. The Shay, Spotland, Derwent Park, etc), but the mention of Bristol upthread may have blown that theory out of the water. Shame that they couldn't include them all.

I have the original version (season 2012)without the DLC, so I think I'll be getting this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users