its just tooooo gooood

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

The NRL is just too good the only way England or Great Britain are to beat the Aussies and Kiwis is to get more of our players playing in the NRL. Lets face it Super league is second division in world rugby league. ( I know we can say we win world club but is it taken that serious down under ) . The NRL could have it all form a couple more teams to take league to 18 clubs ( may be a new team in New Zealand and another in Victoria) Encourage clubs to get the best British players if each Aussie team was to have 3 British players that would give them 48 British players playing in the NRL enough to have a GB team down under player three match test series against New Zealand and Australia. Then have an Autumn series in UK. Super league would be powerless to stop them and lets face it we might be glad if they did instead of loosing our players to rugby union and with the 2015 world cup round the corner players are going to be tempted.      

Chief Crazy Eagle

#2 Vichyssoise

Vichyssoise
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

Are there 48 British players good enough to play in the NRL then?

#3 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

Well you could do not.... but then would we not be condemning the end of our RL if all the good players are in the NRL... Why should I bother watching RL here, not all of us are so tied into habit of watching our club no matter what. Even if lot are how do you attract new fans...

Yep by all means but your in effect diminishing the game even more over here so that why would any one be bothered if the international team improved because no fans are watching the club game anyway...

As a certain Tennis player said "you can't be....

#4 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

Are there 48 British players good enough to play in the NRL then?

Yes.

#5 oikee

oikee
  • Coach
  • 335 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:31 AM

Nothing wrong with superleague. The way i look at it, this world cup will open up opportunities for pacific islanders to the superleague. Which is good. The NRL will attrack more and more of the best players from anywhere, anywhere in the world, mainly England and France for now. .

Fiji has now been opened up, and as we can all see, this is a small nation that oozes world class athletes.

Jarrad Hayne, one of the best players in the Australia team is a Fijian as well.

England is already sending their best players to the NRL. You dont need 40 or 50 in the NRL. 10 to 15 of your best will be enough.

England Superleague will only get better, and they really need to push for another France side in the comp, this will improve the international game 100%, because they only have 1 team, another team will do wonders for superleague and France.  

France need a derby.

#6 Vichyssoise

Vichyssoise
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:44 AM

Yes.

I was under an other impression upon reading the opening post.

#7 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

I was under an other impression upon reading the opening post.

In what way ? I  never said we didn't have 48 quality players or more . The problem is out of the 280 players roughly used by super league teams say if each team uses 20 players a season only about 60 players or so are top class the rest are just average players . Result our top players are not tested enough. France have disappointed in the world cup and only Scotland have excelled themselves although in Brough  they have the best half back in Europe. Also what im saying is that we will probably loose player to union after world cup as there world cup looms in 2015. I  would rather see our players stay in our game even if they play down under. Also could the NRL  bring a double header weekend over here or even better a state of origin game at old Trafford or Wembley .  

Chief Crazy Eagle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users