Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Siddal outcome

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 The master

The master
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

Anyone no what the outcome was

#2 bountyhunter

bountyhunter
  • Coach
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

Relegated to div 1

#3 ehbandit

ehbandit
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

Relegated to div 1

£500 fine, and remain in the premier, good decision.

Edited by ehbandit, 20 November 2013 - 02:24 PM.

#4 chinaman

chinaman
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

Look at Siddal website.Just a shame we will have to play the tainted Wests not much culture at their club just a load of festering lies.

#5 flatfell

flatfell
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

£500 fine, and remain in the premier, good decision.

Maybe the west hull players will all chip in and pay the £500 fine out of the G/F winning pay !!!

#6 redbeckroad

redbeckroad
  • Coach
  • 314 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

I'd say we can expect to see one fired up Siddal team next year, good luck to them (apart from against the Brow of course!).

#7 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

I believe the NCL committee felt they had to issue a replay ( maybe due to pressure for West Hull) but I felt they could have shown more compassion and understanding to Siddals reason for refusing to play and maybe fined £500 but suspended £490 for a year.

I personally wouldnt have even fined them

Edited by casyorkie, 20 November 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#8 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

It should gave been a suspended fine , the whole amatuer game thinks that SIddal have been hard done to.
Any way lesson to be learned here "ignorance of the rules is no excuse "
We can all throw the guilt at West Hull but the SIddal Commitee must shoulder some of the blame because both clubs should as experienced members of the NCL have known the procedures inside out .

#9 sidsmudge

sidsmudge
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

I think a lot of people will be looking out for the game at chevinedge  against west hull next year,lets hope the siddal public come out in force and give them a good Halifax welcome !!!...but then after the game we will have a good drink together ,as the clubs have a close friendship !!.....apart from that big long streak of #### who walks round with his clipboard ,who I believe started it all. !!

#10 Michael Bubble

Michael Bubble
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

I believe the NCL committee felt they had to issue a replay ( maybe due to pressure for West Hull) but I felt they could have shown more compassion and understanding to Siddals reason for refusing to play and maybe fined £500 but suspended £490 for a year.

You wouldn't have fined them?  The cold facts are that they failed a fixture that they had been instructed to complete (both by the NCL and the RFL).  It appears that Crosfields, Featherstone Lions and Bradford Dudley Hill have been fined £500 (as every other club previously) for non-fulfilment of a scheduled fixture and relegated!  How are Siddal any different that they should have been let off unpunished?

Whilst I think the whole situation was a complete mess and created a nightmare scenario, Siddal should be thankful that they have been dealt with "sensibly" and just get on with it now.

I'm not a fan of West Hull or Siddal -  I'm a complete neutral, but have been a little shocked at the vitriolic way fellow clubs have reacted to this whole situation.  

Edited by Michael Bubble, 20 November 2013 - 04:13 PM.

#11 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

You wouldn't have fined them?  The cold facts are that they failed a fixture that they had been instructed to complete (both by the NCL and the RFL).  It appears that Crosfields, Featherstone Lions and Bradford Dudley Hill have been fined £500 (as every other club previously) for non-fulfilment of a scheduled fixture and relegated!  How are Siddal any different that they should have been let off unpunished?

Whilst I think the whole situation was a complete mess and created a nightmare scenario, Siddal should be thankful that they have been dealt with "sensibly" and just get on with it now.

I'm not a fan of West Hull or Siddal -  I'm a complete neutral, but have been a little shocked at the vitriolic way fellow clubs have reacted to this whole situation.  

The other teams did not have to replay a game because of a mistake of an official or other teams been very sore losers.

They completed a game on the day in question and because the referee made a mistake that gave neither team an advantage they are told to go back to Hull and play again.

The teams you mentioned I believe failed to raise a team on the original fixture date there is a big difference in my mind

Im not a fan of Siddal or West Hull as well ( not sure why you have to point out your a neutral ever person is allowed an opinion)

#12 Polak

Polak
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

Michael bubble. You sir. Are an idiot.

#13 JACKSCHITT

JACKSCHITT
  • Coach
  • 261 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

500 smackeroonies a bit steep .
Now what will the punishment be for the ref.
Seems the only winners are west hull which they are of course .
Roll on next season.
I KNOW JACK SCHITT

#14 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:27 PM

No winners , the ncl didn't come out of it smelling of roses , siddal lost the most and west hull came out with a lot of ill feeling towards there club . Lessons must have been learned , those decisions by the ncl have left them wide open

#15 Historical value

Historical value
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

How many times do I have to say it, the ncl think money grows on trees, where do they think the money comes from. How dare they find a ametuer club £ 500. If I was on the siddal committee, I would not pay it.
They have already had there incomes slashed by the summer experiment, stand up to them siddal. I bet there is not a one on the ncl that has put jack shitt out of there pockets, in to the game.

#16 Top team

Top team
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

Siddal outcome

#17 Top team

Top team
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

NCL had to be seen not to be at fault, so £500 fine is a cheep get out , it would be nice if young ref Tom stept in and payed it? Wot was his punishment for wrecking siddals season?

#18 Bigtackle

Bigtackle
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

I think it was admiral how Siddal conducted themselves and stood by their principles, player safety was top of their agenda which is crucial for any man playing the game and having to earn a living. I think it would be good if as many clubs as possible maybe sent a donation of £50 to Siddal to help out with this fine, Siddal took the NCL on and in my opinion they won the respect of many.

#19 sidsmudge

sidsmudge
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

I think it was admiral how Siddal conducted themselves and stood by their principles, player safety was top of their agenda which is crucial for any man playing the game and having to earn a living. I think it would be good if as many clubs as possible maybe sent a donation of £50 to Siddal to help out with this fine, Siddal took the NCL on and in my opinion they won the respect of many.

that is a fantastic post b tackle,would b a great gesture...wonder if wests could afford it ?

#20 sidsmudge

sidsmudge
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:29 PM

that is a fantastic post b tackle,would b a great gesture...wonder if wests could afford it ?

any thoughts from other clubs !!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users