steve mcnamara england new zealand rlwc2013

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Joe Whitley

Joe Whitley
  • Admin
  • 307 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:41 AM

Let me know your thoughts on this, guys.

England coach Steve McNamara has hinted he may make a change to his squad ahead of the New Zealand game at Wembley on Saturday.
When asked about his selection, he offered the stock response: "I'll pick the strongest team I feel is suited for this game."
However, he went on to say: "I think the Kiwi opposition are slightly different to what the French were."
What does that mean? Is he going to make some changes? Or is he simply trying to unsettle the Kiwis?

TotalRL.com Editor
Email: joe.whitley@totalrl.com
Direct line: +44 (0) 1484 404 921

#2 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:52 AM

Do you see yourself as some kind of relaxed boss?

Who knows what he's thinking, he could be thinking about tinkering, or he could be just keeping the Kiwis guessing.

Edited by Larry the Leit, 20 November 2013 - 10:53 AM.

#3 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

After Chase's performance and his status with the Kiwis I think it would be a good decision to leave him out of the 17.
If he changes anything in the forwards then Farrell may lose his place. We need the biggest men possible v the Kiwis.
Widdop in for Chase,
Mossop in for Farrell, allowing Sam B to go 2nd row.
Burrow in for McIlorum. To match the Kiwis for pace in the middle.

#4 7723

• Coach
  • 564 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

After Chase's performance and his status with the Kiwis I think it would be a good decision to leave him out of the 17.
If he changes anything in the forwards then Farrell may lose his place. We need the biggest men possible v the Kiwis.
Widdop in for Chase,

I wouldn't drop McIlorum vs NZ. He's the type of player we need to be playing vs NZ and AUS.

#5 tuutaisrambo

tuutaisrambo
  • Coach
  • 220 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

"I think the Kiwi opposition are slightly different to what the French were."

By that he means about a million times better!!!!!!  

We haven't seen widdop properly yet but if he's 100% fit i'd play him instead of chase.

TEAMROVERS_small.jpg

#6 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,026 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

This is the coaching equivalent of the double-pump pass Rangi Chase is so fond of.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#7 Gansons Optician

Gansons Optician
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

Last time we played them at the KC the Kiwis spent more time getting themselves wound up about Chase than they did worrying about the game, giving away a shed load of penalties from what I can remember. So long as he bites his lip and rises above it he could be quite useful in that respect.

#8 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

I wouldn't drop McIlorum vs NZ. He's the type of player we need to be playing vs NZ and AUS.

No, he's too slow.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#9 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,757 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

No, he's too slow.

No he isn't. He will bring plenty of aggression and defensive strength to combat a likely NZ onslaught up the middle (they'll play 5 props) and Issac Luke. You then utilise Roby to injection pace and further direction to the English game plan. Burrow bar backing up will be largely inffective against NZ in my opinion; he won't get the staggered and broken defences he needs to thrive. I'll happily admit I am wrong if he destroys NZ if he plays but I don't think it will happen; the same with Australia.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#10 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

Widdop in for Chase,

2 out of 3! Not bad!

http://www.theguardi...emi-new-zealand

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#11 Banbury Wolf

Banbury Wolf
  • Coach
  • 351 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

England coach Steve McNamara has hinted he may make a change to his squad ahead of the New Zealand game at Wembley on Saturday.
When asked about his selection, he offered the stock response: "I'll pick the strongest team I feel is suited for this game."
However, he went on to say: "I think the Kiwi opposition are slightly different to what the French were."
What does that mean? Is he going to make some changes? Or is he simply trying to unsettle the Kiwis?

Looks like you were on to something!

#12 jacksy

jacksy
  • Coach
  • 279 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

MM's passing from AHB is slow and it seems to have a slight pause to it. Glad he is out

Edited by jacksy, 21 November 2013 - 03:17 PM.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users