CC1 2014

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 658 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:51 PM

That doesn't solve this coming season though which is one of the concerns. Not enough fixtures with only 9 teams.

The Northern Rail Cup gave the teams another 4 fixtures 3 in a mini-league to establish the Bowl finalists and 1 (or more) against Championship opposition).  I am hoping that the RFL will support a similar competition.

#22 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,743 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

That doesn't solve this coming season though which is one of the concerns. Not enough fixtures with only 9 teams.

Agree. Play each other three times. 24 fixtures. All sorted.
Posted Image

#23 Jeff Stein

Jeff Stein
  • Coach
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

If it is that simple why don't the RFL just confirm it

#24 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,026 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

If it is that simple why don't the RFL just confirm it

They're working on their whole game solution for 2015.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#25 Jeff Stein

Jeff Stein
  • Coach
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

Surely they should now be planning for the replacement for the whole game solution for when people after one month of the 2015 season start saying that it's not working and a reorganisation is required.

#26 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

With all this doubt around the number of fixtures, Hemel have done well to secure sponsorship from Haven again for 2014. Good news.

#27 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,026 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

With all this doubt around the number of fixtures, Hemel have done well to secure sponsorship from Haven again for 2014. Good news.

Yes.  That is exceptionally good news.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#28 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

The championship fixtures have been released, how come the championship 1 fixtures haven't?

#29 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

Ours get released on monday.

#30 made in wales

made in wales
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

The championship fixtures have been released, how come the championship 1 fixtures haven't?

Are they waiting on the South Wales Scorpions situation?  I too am a fledgling rugby league fan, who's attended matches for the first time during this World Cup.  Hoping to go  to some games next season - where, I do not know!

#31 Banbury Wolf

Banbury Wolf
  • Coach
  • 351 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

Are they waiting on the South Wales Scorpions situation?  I too am a fledgling rugby league fan, who's attended matches for the first time during this World Cup.  Hoping to go  to some games next season - where, I do not know!

Welcome to the tribe!

This may help (presuming the fixtures are all sorted soon!) ... http://www.therfl.co.uk/ -- go to "Club Finder" down the page a bit and in the middle.

Zoom in on South Wales area (Cardiff etc.) -- http://www.therfl.co...address=cardiff

Edited by Banbury Wolf, 27 November 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#32 Styx

Styx
  • Players
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

Always were releasing the fixtures later than for Championship.  Not sure where you live, but guessing from your name that maybe South Wales.  If so the Scorpions could do with some support, probably based in Neath, but some debate on that at the moment.  As an alternative the All Golds are not that far away, again venue not confirmed but poss Lydney, or else in the Cheltenham/Gloucester area.

Welcome from a fellow newbie, got involved when All Golds started last season.

University of Gloucestershire All Golds

#33 made in wales

made in wales
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

Welcome to the tribe!

This may help (presuming the fixtures are all sorted soon!) ... http://www.therfl.co.uk/ -- go to "Club Finder" down the page a bit and in the middle.

Zoom in on South Wales area (Cardiff etc.) -- http://www.therfl.co...address=cardiff

Thanks for the link.. very informative.  Seems there's lots more local clubs than I thought, which has surprised me. Though it was all about the Union, just wish the local media would realize this.

#34 made in wales

made in wales
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

Always were releasing the fixtures later than for Championship.  Not sure where you live, but guessing from your name that maybe South Wales.  If so the Scorpions could do with some support, probably based in Neath, but some debate on that at the moment.  As an alternative the All Golds are not that far away, again venue not confirmed but poss Lydney, or else in the Cheltenham/Gloucester area.

Welcome from a fellow newbie, got involved when All Golds started last season.

Yeah, live in South East Wales.  Looking forward to having a local team to cheer on in Championship 1 next season, so hope the Scorpions situation is sorted out soon. South Wales needs a competitive team in a permanent home!

#35 Pen-Y-Bont Crusader

Pen-Y-Bont Crusader
  • Coach
  • 603 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

Yeah, live in South East Wales.  Looking forward to having a local team to cheer on in Championship 1 next season, so hope the Scorpions situation is sorted out soon. South Wales needs a competitive team in a permanent home!

Hopefully, we will hear soon...

#36 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

For those who are new to the sport you will need to adapt quickly to a governing body that is novel to say the least!  Just go with the flow, keep everything crossed, and it should all work out in the end.

And then have a good rant now and again!

#37 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

I'm guessing that the RFL are doing everything in their power to come up with something which works...

Why does that thought fill me with dread?

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#38 made in wales

made in wales
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

For those who are new to the sport you will need to adapt quickly to a governing body that is novel to say the least! Just go with the flow, keep everything crossed, and it should all work out in the end.

And then have a good rant now and again!

#39 made in wales

made in wales
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

I'm slowly starting to learn this saintslass!

#40 iffleyox

iffleyox
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

Surprised to see from a post above that GAG might not be playing in the same place next season. Surely one year in is a bit early to be changing things?  And moving to Lydney would be going right into the heart of tribal RU territory, so hopefully it's not plan A....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users