TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

CC1 2014

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 Styx

Styx
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

Know long term All Golds are hoping to get their own ground.  Played two games at Lydney last season, and were well supported by the locals, good pitch too.  Like a lot of fans from other clubs, getting frustrated at the lack of information coming out re players and ground for the season.

University of Gloucestershire All Golds

#42 Bristolboy

Bristolboy
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

I heard today that the All Golds are soon to announce their venue plans for next season as soon as the fixtures are released.

#43 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

Know long term All Golds are hoping to get their own ground.  Played two games at Lydney last season, and were well supported by the locals, good pitch too.  Like a lot of fans from other clubs, getting frustrated at the lack of information coming out re players and ground for the season.

wasn't there talk that lydney might put a team in the local west of england league too. all the best to lionel hurst & his team for 2014.looking good from all accounts.
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#44 Nomad XIII

Nomad XIII
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

I just noticed an email I got a couple of days ago from London Skolars re the fixture format.

I wanted to update you on a couple of things. Firstly we should have the 2014 Championship 1 fixtures ready to publish this coming Monday, the 2nd December.

I don’t know if you are aware but there will be no Northern Rail Cup in 2014. Instead the RFL, after consulting with the clubs, have sanctioned an additional 4 league fixtures which are known as “loop fixtures”. This basically means that we will play extra league games against 4 selected teams from Championship 1 so we will have 20 league fixtures in total (10 home and 10 away).

The season will start on Sunday 2nd March 2014 and will go through to Sunday 7thSeptember 2014.

After that date the top 5 teams will go into the play offs with the Grand Final winner only being promoted to the Championship.

Edited by Nomad XIII, 01 December 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#45 Grinner

Grinner
  • Coach
  • 452 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:43 AM

Fixtures now released:

http://www.therfl.co...ip-one-fixtures

"For the 2014 season each of the nine Championship One teams will play an extra four games during the 24 rounds, two of which will be at home and two away. These four fixtures have been selected at random based on finishing positions in 2013.

"As announced last month, the Northern Rail Cup will not be contested in the 2014 season."

#46 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:56 AM

Fixtures now released:

http://www.therfl.co...ip-one-fixtures

"For the 2014 season each of the nine Championship One teams will play an extra four games during the 24 rounds, two of which will be at home and two away. These four fixtures have been selected at random based on finishing positions in 2013.

"As announced last month, the Northern Rail Cup will not be contested in the 2014 season."

If its based on last years finishing positions then it isn't random!

Where is coventry?

Edited by yipyee, 02 December 2013 - 10:58 AM.

#47 Pen-Y-Bont Crusader

Pen-Y-Bont Crusader
  • Coach
  • 604 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

2015 start for them isnt it ?

#48 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

Whatever happened with the proposed team from Manchester entering CC1? Manchester rangers I think they where going to be called and based in east Manchester set up by a former Wigan player called irwin(can't remember his first name). What with Dr K at Salford and the development of clubs like mancunians rl and st peters school it was getting very exciting for RL in Manchester.

#49 made in wales

made in wales
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:43 PM

On the back of a wonderful World Cup in which I have attended Rugby League games for the first time, and been left enthralled. I am really enthusiastic about going to some matches next season.  Good to see the fixture list then, and looking forward therefore to the Scorpions first game against Oldham.  But where will it be?!!!  Anyone any the wiser, surely this needs to be resolved now!

#50 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:09 PM

Coach and players needed also, surely to late to make any type of challenge in the league. South Wales Whipping Boys?

#51 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 468 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:46 PM

If its based on last years finishing positions then it isn't random!

Where is coventry?

It's in the West Midlands, down from Birmingham and kind of across from Leicester if memory serves me right. Harr harr.

The plans for them to join in 2014 fell apart some time ago,they dont have security of tenure at their ground - always being booted off by the rahrah's if I heard rightly. Dont know how they stand for 2015. As for Manchester Rangers, that was a plan for 2015 - how they're coming along with that I dont know & if Coventry are still in the running maybe that'd put anyone else back a further year or two.

#52 iffleyox

iffleyox
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:52 PM

good to have this finally sorted, see you all at Iffley Road in 2014...

#53 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:00 PM

Just seen this from Cov on Twitter:

We will be making a big announcement on the future development of the club as a professional club very soon. Stay tuned it will be worth it.

#54 Pen-Y-Bont Crusader

Pen-Y-Bont Crusader
  • Coach
  • 604 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

On the back of a wonderful World Cup in which I have attended Rugby League games for the first time, and been left enthralled. I am really enthusiastic about going to some matches next season.  Good to see the fixture list then, and looking forward therefore to the Scorpions first game against Oldham.  But where will it be?!!!  Anyone any the wiser, surely this needs to be resolved now!

The only place I can see it is Maesteg....news later this week isn't it ?

#55 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:18 PM

good to have this finally sorted, see you all at Iffley Road in 2014...

Agreed! Couldn't make Hemel's game there in 2013, but September 7th has already got a mark against it on next year's calendar.

#56 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

The only place I can see it is Maesteg....news later this week isn't it ?

I can't see much news coming out this week, especially if last few months are anything to go by

#57 Pen-Y-Bont Crusader

Pen-Y-Bont Crusader
  • Coach
  • 604 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:37 PM

Im sure there will be....

#58 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

Im sure there will be....

You sound confident? :)

#59 Jeff Stein

Jeff Stein
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:38 PM

If you discount the derby matches, the fixture compilers have managed to clash over 50% of the Skolars and Hemel matches. I'm afraid that will mean one less season ticket sold by Hemel this year. I know quite a number of people who went to games at both last season and they will have the same choice. Many fans in the south try to support not just a club but rugby league in the south and given the clubs' proximity I would have thought it made sense to keep as many fixtures apart as possible.

#60 Pen-Y-Bont Crusader

Pen-Y-Bont Crusader
  • Coach
  • 604 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

The fact that they are included in the fixtures tells me the outcome of a meeting held last week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users