Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Ashes... again!

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#101 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,733 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

I'm glad that today's the final T20 game meaning England can pack their bags and come home..  England trounced yet again and there was just a shot on the telly of the team in the dugout all staring down at their feet looking seriously unhappy.  If this were a boxing match, the towel would have been thrown in weeks ago and the players could have had a few weeks off.

I can't remember ever seeing such a one-sided season of cricket between two so-called top-tier nations.  England's entire winning tally was one one-day international when Australia had already won the series and they rested a few key players, including Clarke.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#102 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,018 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

As has been said we were lucky to beat them in the summer, the 3-0 series win disguised how close it was. But to surrender so abjectly is a disgrace.  I'm not an expert, but the experts say that the Aussie side isn't that good. I remember Gower surrendering in 1985 by deliberately bowling a no-ball to end a test match. I hope we haven't reached that stage!  I hate to see British sides losing to Australia (except at Union).  Something needs to be done. But god knows what!

Edited by Trojan, 02 February 2014 - 12:08 PM.

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users