RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Castleford link up with York for 2014

Partnership

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

Castleford Tigers have today unveiled a new partnership with Kingstone Press Championship One side York City Knights.

Club news will soon be going on the brand new club website... as soon as I get the keys to it! Meanwhile you'll have to make do with the excellent LoveRugbyLeague.com instead. ;)

Posted Image

#2 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

Not sure why all that was in bold. Makes it more exciting I suppose!

Posted Image

#3 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

Hoo-ray

#4 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

Ben Reynolds (half back/full back) & Charlie Martin (2nd row) mentioned in Press

as possible Cas lads we might see, Charlie played the full 80 minutes for Keighley when they beat us 34-0 this season

Edited by shades2, 21 November 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#5 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

If we have to go down this road again with a Super League club, can we please get the players in on season long loans? The agreement with Hull didn't work  and if this one is along the same lines then it also won't work!!!

#6 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

i can already feel the unease in the camp

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#7 terry gell

terry gell
  • Facebook
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

I hope it doesnt go same way as hull did personally think we should of tried to go it alone this yr

Edited by terry gell, 21 November 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#8 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

I think we should of done away with dual reg after what happened with hull were better off without it I think

Not sure we are tbh. Linking with Cas will do us well in many ways, on and off the field

#9 terry gell

terry gell
  • Facebook
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

Only time will tell I just hope it doesn go same way as hull did

Edited by terry gell, 21 November 2013 - 10:22 PM.

#10 terry gell

terry gell
  • Facebook
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

Not sure we are tbh. Linking with Cas will do us well in many ways, on and off the field

#11 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

If we have to go down this road again with a Super League club, can we please get the players in on season long loans? The agreement with Hull didn't work  and if this one is along the same lines then it also won't work!!!

A few clues from yesterdays Press:

We’ve learned lessons from last year’s exercise,” said head coach Gary Thornton. “We’re certainly not going to rely on dual-reg players. We’re trying to create a culture of bringing through our own young players and we wouldn’t want anything to get in the way of that. But it’s nice to have something to fall back on should we need it.”

Thornton, however, stressed only Castleford would decide who could come over on dual-reg, while the Knights would use them only if and when necessary.

“One of the lessons we’ve learned is that we have to make sure we’ve got a squad capable in its own right, and use a partnership to help us through bad times with things like injury lists. I’ve said priority will be given to players contracted to the Knights and we will use the partnership as and when we see fit.

Edited by shades2, 22 November 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#12 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

We’ve learned lessons from last year’s exercise,” said head coach Gary Thornton. “We’re certainly not going to rely on dual-reg players. We’re trying to create a culture of bringing through our own young players and we wouldn’t want anything to get in the way of that. But it’s nice to have something to fall back on should we need it.”

Thornton, however, stressed only Castleford would decide who could come over on dual-reg, while the Knights would use them only if and when necessary.
“One of the lessons we’ve learned is that we have to make sure we’ve got a squad capable in its own right, and use a partnership to help us through bad times with things like injury lists. I’ve said priority will be given to players contracted to the Knights and we will use the partnership as and when we see fit.

Time will tell

#13 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

didn't we hear this last year

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#14 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:07 AM

didn't we hear this last year

Can't remember to be honest John, but with the names Hull FC put forward last season it

seems like we decided there would always be supposed better players available every

week & our squad was built 'small' with that in mind

Sounds like we have now decided that our own squad needs to be self-sufficiant to cope

and any Cas lads will be a bonus if & when available

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users