TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

London Broncos to appoint administrators

London Broncos London Broncos

• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

#341 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,457 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

Ian Ramsdale

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#342 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:15 AM

Jewish.

?

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#343 Mr Wind Up

Mr Wind Up
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:20 AM

No self respecting PL team would partner with the Broncos. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose. Not sure why its even being discussed.

#344 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:49 AM

?

Read here

I'm speculating that anti semitic hatred may be at the centre of any claim Tottenham are the most hated London club.

#345 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

Read here

I'm speculating that anti semitic hatred may be at the centre of any claim Tottenham are the most hated London club.

I know all about Spurs, I was just wondering if you'd actually come out and say it instead of hinting. Clubs who dislike Spurs? Arsenal for obvious reasons, Chelsea (who do have a strong history of racism and anti-semitism amongst their fan base) and then maybe the odd few people from other clubs.

But Spurs are nowhere near the most hated team in London, that would be Chelsea by a country mile. Spurs, QPR, Fulham, West Ham and Millwall fans all have long-standing hatred for Chelsea for a variety of reason from geography to hooliganism. Add Arsenal and fans of non-London clubs to that list since Abramovich started buying titles. 

#346 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 518 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

Read here

I read this link and yes it was interesting. I also thought the link below it was interesting (the one about Tottenham fans saying it was wrong to try and stop them using the y word).

It wasn't what I had in mind when I mentioned Tottenham rather than Chelsea being most widely disliked. That was just based on experience of attending matches and also speaking to fans of Chelsea, Arsenal and West Ham. There didn't seem to be anything anti -semitic about it. In fact most Tottenham fans are not Jewish.

#347 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 518 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

[quote name="nadera78" post="2847238" timestamp="1386159241"]I know all about Spurs, I was just wondering if you'd actually come out and say it instead of hinting. Clubs who dislike Spurs? Arsenal for obvious reasons, Chelsea (who do have a strong history of racism and anti-semitism amongst their fan base) and then maybe the odd few people from other clubs.

But Spurs are nowhere near the most hated team in London, that would be Chelsea by a country mile. Spurs, QPR, Fulham, West Ham and Millwall fans all have long-standing hatred for Chelsea for a variety of reason from geography to hooliganism. Add Arsenal and fans of non-London clubs to that list since Abramovich started buying

If you think that I was hinting at anti- semitism then you are completely wrong. However I am willing to accept that that may been an underlying cause of part of the hostility towards Spurs. I have only attended matches at Griffin Park and Chelsea in the last couple of years so I may be a bit biased.( I totally accept my opinion was not based on any scientifically monitored research).

#348 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

[quote name="nadera78" post="2847238" timestamp="1386159241"]I know all about Spurs, I was just wondering if you'd actually come out and say it instead of hinting. Clubs who dislike Spurs? Arsenal for obvious reasons, Chelsea (who do have a strong history of racism and anti-semitism amongst their fan base) and then maybe the odd few people from other clubs.

But Spurs are nowhere near the most hated team in London, that would be Chelsea by a country mile. Spurs, QPR, Fulham, West Ham and Millwall fans all have long-standing hatred for Chelsea for a variety of reason from geography to hooliganism. Add Arsenal and fans of non-London clubs to that list since Abramovich started buying

If you think that I was hinting at anti- semitism then you are completely wrong. However I am willing to accept that that may been an underlying cause of part of the hostility towards Spurs. I have only attended matches at Griffin Park and Chelsea in the last couple of years so I may be a bit biased.( I totally accept my opinion was not based on any scientifically monitored research).

I was referring to Ackroman, who was hinting at anti-semitism.

#349 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:15 PM

WTF does the most hated london based wendy ball team have to do with the broncos???

BTW it is tottenham, and not because of the jewish link.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#350 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

Jesus was Jewish. Maybe Spurs could send him round to perform a miracle?

#351 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:46 PM

The answer is Chelsea. People like to laugh at Spurs because they have a far greater sense of their importance than their trophy collection suggests. But Chelsea are far more disliked given their horrible fans, dodgy owner, insane recent success and CAPTAIN LEADER LEGEND John Terry.

Back to the Broncos, I find it a bit sad that I'm almost past caring. Had a season ticket there for three years and have had some wonderful times following the club but won't be shedding a tear if/when they finally go under.

#352 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 518 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

Jesus was Jewish. Maybe Spurs could send him round to perform a miracle?

With respect if you were Jewish you would not think that Jesus was a capable of performing any miracle at all. If you were a Christian with a belief in the literal truth of the Bible then I suppose you would consider Jesus to be half Jewish.
That was my Thought for the Day!

#353 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

From afar I imagibe the London boroughs are probably more parochial than the 'Northern pit villages' when it comes to football supporters. London is to big a place for one team to represent, so a division into geographical location maybe the beat option. East London Lions, West London Rangers, North London Orcs etc. Avoids alienating potential supporters but welcoming to a relatively large catchment area.

#354 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 518 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

From afar I imagibe the London boroughs are probably more parochial than the 'Northern pit villages' when it comes to football supporters. London is to big a place for one team to represent, so a division into geographical location maybe the beat option. East London Lions, West London Rangers, North London Orcs etc. Avoids alienating potential supporters but welcoming to a relatively large catchment area.

North London Orcs?

#355 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

North London Orcs?

Or any other daft nickname.

#356 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 518 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

Or any other daft nickname.

Yes. It always amazes me that people want to change the name of Skolars. It is a name that is part of their history as far as I can tell. Presumably those people want to change their name to North East London Barracudas or something!

#357 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

Can we get back on topic please?  I'm not sure a discussion about which football team is more disliked is really relevant.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#358 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,457 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

Can we get back on topic please?  I'm not sure a discussion about which football team is more disliked is really relevant.

We're just killing time until something happens.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#359 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:03 PM

No self respecting PL team would partner with the Broncos. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose. Not sure why its even being discussed.

Because many on here think that domestic RL in this country is much bigger than it actually is.

#360 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 518 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:15 PM

We're just killing time until something happens.

Exactly.

I only mentioned Tottenham because someone suggested Chelsea RL and then someone else said the Chelsea name would put people off . If Roman Abramovich was interested in funding Broncos for a few years that would be the best thing that has happened to RL in years.

I think this is actually quite an emotional time for a lot of long-term London RL supporters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users