Chase out, Widdop in

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

Thank Christ this has finally happened. Now if only an even bigger surprise of Burrow at half and Sinfold on the bench will arrive, I will be a happy chappy

#2 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 374 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

Thank Christ this has finally happened. Now if only an even bigger surprise of Burrow at half and Sinfold on the bench will arrive, I will be a happy chappy

Agreed!  Burrow is, in my opinion, the best half in the northern hemisphere.

We'll have to watch out.  If the coach does any more things we want then he'll start to be liked.  That would never do.

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#3 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

Are you chuffed with Abletts inclusion?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#4 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 391 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

We'll have to watch out.  If the coach does any more things we want then he'll start to be liked.  That would never do.

Wut??????

#5 Banbury Wolf

Banbury Wolf
  • Coach
  • 351 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

I can see Rob 'Burrow-ing' under the tall NZ forwards to make some breaks. :tongue:

No seriously though, that physical dynamic could make a difference.

#6 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,123 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

Yippee

#7 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

Are you chuffed with Abletts inclusion?

Ablett's Mam tweeted her horror.

#8 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

I'm more concerned that the error ridden, regilarly penalised, goofball Westwood still gets a shot. He is terrible

#9 FlattenedbyWard

FlattenedbyWard
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

AT LAST!!

I would hope that McBanana is brave and puts Sinfield at Loose Fwd so that he, Burrow and Widdop can work together. Good luck to Widdop- hope he takes his chance and shows what he's got.

Sam Burgess to prop for opening 20 and then slip to 2nd row to do the job on SBW when Westwood goes off for a rest so he doesn't give away any stupid pens when he's tired!

I am more hopeful of a good result after Chase's omission.

#10 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

AS he McNumbara bowed down to popular opinion ?

#11 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

AS he McNumbara bowed down to popular opinion ?

Yes of course, McNamara bases all his selections on the ramblings of people on forums :-)

#12 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 329 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

Don't think you can start with Burrow,the kiwi forwards will target him and run over the top of him,use him off the bench at the back end of each half,as for Ablett,i ain't got a clue why he;s in the squad.

#13 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

Yes of course, McNamara bases all his selections on the ramblings of people on forums :-)

He could do worse !!!!!!!

#14 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

Words cannot describe how relieved I am. Good work McNamara, maybe he's been resting Widdop for the big games? He might not he as much as an idiot as we think he is.

#15 amh

amh
  • 11,084 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

IMO he's dropped chase because he knows he'd be wound up something shocking by the NZ team....however Widdop is a bonus. Just hope it's not too much to ask him to play to full strength all of a sudden

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#16 Number 16

Number 16
  • Coach
  • 6,320 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

Whilst I agree that Widdop should have been used from the start of the tournament, McBanana's picked a strange, strange time to change Chase for the Storm man - waiting until the semi-final.  

Now we'll be facing arguably the WC's form team with a largely untried half-back combination.

Ablett back in. Dear God!

SOUTH LONDON STORM - 1997-2014

#17 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

IMO he's dropped chase because he knows he'd be wound up something shocking by the NZ team....however Widdop is a bonus. Just hope it's not too much to ask him to play to full strength all of a sudden

I agree about Chase and I don't think Chase did himself any favours near the end of the France match. He was storming about like a lunatic and I could have seen the NZ team getting under his skin even more.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#18 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

Just to be mischievous, take a look at this England photo from about 30mins ago published on the RLWC facebook page:

https://www.facebook....type=1

Two players missing...

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#19 amh

amh
  • 11,084 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

I agree about Chase and I don't think Chase did himself any favours near the end of the France match. He was storming about like a lunatic and I could have seen the NZ team getting under his skin even more.

that's exactly what I thought at the end of that game too

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#20 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

There may be more too it. Widdop missed the last chunk of the NRL season with a hip injury. Perhaps he wasn't fully fit to play the earlier matches.

I must say I'm surprised, as I felt Chase had been playing well.
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users