Chase out, Widdop in

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 939 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

I like chase and think he provides a bigger threat than Widdop. However I think his long running grudge with Isaac Luke could have negatively affected his game. Also, as some have already mentioned he started to get frustrated against France and we can ill afford to give away needless penalties v NZ. Widdop is a more level-headed individual which may be best for this match.

I just hope we don't become too predictable with Sinfield and Widdop who are "safety-first" players and not so good when player off-the-cuff. Where are the breaks going to come from?

#22 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

I like chase and think he provides a bigger threat than Widdop. However I think his long running grudge with Isaac Luke could have negatively affected his game. Also, as some have already mentioned he started to get frustrated against France and we can ill afford to give away needless penalties v NZ. Widdop is a more level-headed individual which may be best for this match.

I just hope we don't become too predictable with Sinfield and Widdop who are "safety-first" players and not so good when player off-the-cuff. Where are the breaks going to come from?

Tomkins, the centres and burrow.

I'm starting to really like the thought if this team.

#23 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

mc namara has known all along the semi would be against nz, why no game time for widdop at 6 in preparation?  shocking coaching

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#24 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

Chase has been dropped for using racist language on Twitter, nothing to do with form or tactics.

#25 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,053 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

Chase has been dropped for using racist language on Twitter, nothing to do with form or tactics.

?

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#26 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

?

Used the  "N" word (about himself,I might add).People got offended on behalf of other people.Chase dropped.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#27 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

Used the  "N" word (about himself,I might add).People got offended on behalf of other people.Chase dropped.

Yep. Not the smartest thing to use that word publicly though, no matter what the context.

#28 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

nincompoop?

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#29 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

nincompoop?

yep,that's the one :sclerosis:

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#30 johnboy1986

johnboy1986
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

This is the best news I have heard all day.now they need to get rid of sinfield in the halves.I would personaly start with burrow at seven. I would also start sinfield at nine with roby on the bench.burrow was the best half in the league back end of last year.I was at the jjb stadium when wigan played leeds and he was by far the most dangerous man on the field for leeds. He also changed the game when he came on for england against fiji.hasfor the kiwis running over him in defence as stated inpreviois post that
Is rubbish.their are big forwards in super league I cant remeber seeing him get run over at all.think we need an extra prop on the bench instead of a second row this week and I would go with mossop.this is what my 17 out the 19 wouldbe.1 tomkins 2 charnley 3 watkis 4 cudjoe 5 hall 6 widdop 7 burrow 8 graham 9 sinfield 10 hill 11 burgess 12 westwood 13 oloughlin 14 mossop 15 george burgess 16 roby 17 ferres.

#31 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

yep,that's the one :sclerosis:

Nincompoop isn't a racist word.  Here is a definition of it from Collins:

http://www.collinsdi...op#nincompoop_1

Edit:  duh. On reading back methinks there was a euphemism used ... !

Edited by Saintslass, 21 November 2013 - 09:35 PM.

#32 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 939 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

Nincompoop isn't a racist word. Here is a definition of it from Collins:

Edit: duh. On reading back methinks there was a euphemism used ... !

Lol blonde moment ;)

#33 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,053 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

Nincompoop isn't a racist word.  Here is a definition of it from Collins:

Edit:  duh. On reading back methinks there was a euphemism used ... !

:D

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#34 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,021 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

I did wonder if it was anything to do with that
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#35 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

Removed post, as decided just a bad rumour!

Edited by Odsal Outlaw, 21 November 2013 - 10:05 PM.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#36 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,846 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

Logical decision for this match, regardless of whether Rangi's been an eejit or not:

* Chase gets wound up by the Kiwis and plays badly against them
* Widdop can get the ball wide more quickly
* Sinfield and Widdop provide structure, Tomkins chimes into the line and does the off-the-cuff stuff
* Roby to start, Burrow on the bench
* No other halves/hookers in the 19 so therefore Roby, Widdop, Sinfield and Burrow will all be involved
* Most likely 17:

Tomkins
Charnley
Watkins
Cudjoe
Hall
Widdop
Sinfield
Hill
Roby
Graham
S Burgess
Westwood
O'Loughlin

Interchange
G Burgess
Burrow
Ferres/Ablett
Mossop

Think he'll want two props on the bench, unless he decides to start Sam at prop and bring Ferres into the second row, putting Hill and G Mossop on the bench alongside Burrow and Ablett

It will be something like that, anyway.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#37 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 939 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

I can't believe Farrell is anywhere near this team.

#38 Daltoni

Daltoni
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:27 PM

This is the best news I have heard all day.now they need to get rid of sinfield in the halves.I would personaly start with burrow at seven. I would also start sinfield at nine with roby on the bench.burrow was the best half in the league back end of last year.I was at the jjb stadium when wigan played leeds and he was by far the most dangerous man on the field for leeds. He also changed the game when he came on for england against fiji.hasfor the kiwis running over him in defence as stated inpreviois post that
Is rubbish.their are big forwards in super league I cant remeber seeing him get run over at all.think we need an extra prop on the bench instead of a second row this week and I would go with mossop.this is what my 17 out the 19 wouldbe.1 tomkins 2 charnley 3 watkis 4 cudjoe 5 hall 6 widdop 7 burrow 8 graham 9 sinfield 10 hill 11 burgess 12 westwood 13 oloughlin 14 mossop 15 george burgess 16 roby 17 ferres.

Yep, that'll do for me, don't think he'll change things this much tho, shame

#39 wirecab

wirecab
  • Coach
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

They're not missing from that team photo. Chase is running around behind big Sam looking for a way to the front but headed off in the wrong direction, and Micky Mac is having a heated discussion off screen in an empty phone box.

Seriously though I hope that Widdop's been putting in the time at training to get as close to match fitness as he can. Can't wait for Sat. 

Edited by wirecab, 22 November 2013 - 12:02 AM.

#40 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,081 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:05 AM

nincompoop?

Nitty gritty?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users