Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Chase out, Widdop in

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:52 AM

Quite often with great sporting achievements there are things beyond teh coaches control or that force a caoch to change there plans from there original ones that in hindsight make the difference and are talked about for years after. Maybe, just maybe this is it.

#42 Juan Whonose

Juan Whonose
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

?

?

Edited by Juan Whonose, 22 November 2013 - 09:47 AM.

#43 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,451 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

Don't think there is anything sinister regarding Micky Mac's omission. A recent tweet from him:

MickyMcilorum
MickyMc88
Thanks all 4 the message but coaches decision is final and wish all the boys the best! #DissapointedToSayTheLeast

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#44 Paddsy

Paddsy
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

I hope your all happy with this.

#45 brooza

brooza
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

I don't think Ablett will make the 17, but one of his big advatages is the ability to wind the opposition up and then take a few punches to the head without retalliating, meaning only one person gets binned :)

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#46 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

According to Martyn Sadler on twitter Rangi has had 2 agreed days off form the camp to be with his Mrs who is due to have their second child

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#47 Banbury Wolf

Banbury Wolf
  • Coach
  • 351 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:51 PM

According to Martyn Sadler on twitter Rangi has had 2 agreed days off form the camp to be with his Mrs who is due to have their second child

If that's true then I think all that all's well that ends (continues) well. May yet see him in the final depending on how we get on tomorrow.

#48 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

May yet see him in the final depending on how we get on tomorrow.

Surely he's left it too late to make the Kiwi squad.

#49 GaryO

GaryO
  • Coach
  • 405 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

Tomkins, the centres and burrow.

I'm starting to really like the thought if this team.

Chris, I really could not believe my eye's when I saw your'e statement, you have been championing the "established " 6 & 7" throughout, I would have thought that you would have been against any disruption to the "tried and trusted" pairing at this stage of the comp. Why the sudden change of heart.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

#50 christopher

christopher
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

Chris, I really could not believe my eye's when I saw your'e statement, you have been championing the "established " 6 & 7" throughout, I would have thought that you would have been against any disruption to the "tried and trusted" pairing at this stage of the comp. Why the sudden change of heart.

Actually I've always wanted to see more if Widdop throughout the tournement. I haven't been championing it I've been saying I can understand the logic behind it. I've been sticking up for the halfbacks because I don't think they've been half as bad as is made out in here by some, in fact Sinfield is at number 7 in OPTAS team of the WC so far.

I do think if this was the coaches plan all along that it's a gamble though, but one that could pay off.

#51 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

I do think if this was the coaches plan all along that it's a gamble though, but one that could pay off.

I'm sure Widdop is experienced enough to slot in without a hitch just like burrow did.

Let the opposition think they know who they are up against, do all the video work and preparation etc and then change it.

Could be a stroke of genius. ;-)

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#52 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 595 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:52 PM

I can't believe Farrell is anywhere near this team.

me neither or ablett,squad fillers at best

#53 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

I like chase and think he provides a bigger threat than Widdop. However I think his long running grudge with Isaac Luke could have negatively affected his game. Also, as some have already mentioned he started to get frustrated against France and we can ill afford to give away needless penalties v NZ. Widdop is a more level-headed individual which may be best for this match.

I just hope we don't become too predictable with Sinfield and Widdop who are "safety-first" players and not so good when player off-the-cuff. Where are the breaks going to come from?

Just for the hell of it Sotherner, relate to me all of the scintillating breaks that have been created so far by our halves generally and those from Chase in particular?

Sorry to say it but in the main that is one load of gibberish, especially so it's last sentence!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users