Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

update from the Supporters' Trust

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

Is there any inkling of when a meeting for all fans is likely to take place?

#22 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

We have called for one to take place before Xmas.

#23 Robthegasman

Robthegasman
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

I cannot see that this council that many of us have the misfortune to live under will do anything to help out Swinton RLFC,or any trust as the frank and blunt truth is that they simply do not give a damn about Swinton RLFC or indeed Swinton the town.They have no money(so they tell us)as they like to waste it on such things as white elephant stadiums(we all know which one)making an artery into the City Centre into a 20 mph crawl along with stupid speed bumps,making yet ANOTHER artery in towards the same City centre into a guided(or should I say misguided)busway which is going to increase traffic from Boothstown through Worsley and Swinton and probably make that into a car park amongst no doubt other wasteful things. 

#24 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

Just to keep the ball rolling, the meeting with the RL was postponed today and set for the first week in December.
The RL rep is heavily dealing with another matter but was keen to reschedule .

#25 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

The more this situation drags on ,the more worried I am becoming that we won't make the start of the season. Lady luck has already dealt us a bad hand where the fixtures are concerned with Halifax and Sheffield the first two matches. If we manage to put together a team for the start of the season and that seems to be a big if, they are going to be ill prepared to meet that kind of opposition. Time is of the essence but do we have that time? I'm afraid I don't think we do a done deal seems as far away as ever. If as Riggy says the trust as asked for a meeting for the middle of December that only leaves six or seven weeks to the start of the season and that is only for a meeting of the fans and not a deal being completed.We have no coach players or ground and are getting nearer and nearer to the start of season 2014 ,A deal needs thrashing out now and not allowed to grag on.This is not a criticism of the trust who I admire greatly for the way they are conducting themselves but time is not on our side.

#26 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

Good luck to you getting it sorted out, be a real shame if Swinton disappeared off the map. As an Oldham fan we have been in quite a few sticky situations over the last 16yrs or so, its not easy but keep going, best wishes to you all.

#27 Robthegasman

Robthegasman
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

The more this situation drags on ,the more worried I am becoming that we won't make the start of the season. Lady luck has already dealt us a bad hand where the fixtures are concerned with Halifax and Sheffield the first two matches. If we manage to put together a team for the start of the season and that seems to be a big if, they are going to be ill prepared to meet that kind of opposition. Time is of the essence but do we have that time? I'm afraid I don't think we do a done deal seems as far away as ever. If as Riggy says the trust as asked for a meeting for the middle of December that only leaves six or seven weeks to the start of the season and that is only for a meeting of the fans and not a deal being completed.We have no coach players or ground and are getting nearer and nearer to the start of season 2014 ,A deal needs thrashing out now and not allowed to grag on.This is not a criticism of the trust who I admire greatly for the way they are conducting themselves but time is not on our side.And it is because of this why fans will not attend matches anymore.Frankly this rubbish and nonsense has gone on for far too long.

#28 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:52 PM

What would happen if we opted out for a season? Would we lose our membership of the RFL?

#29 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

As an Oldham fan we have been in quite a few sticky situations over the last 16yrs or so, its not easy but keep going, best wishes to you all.

Thanks Owd'amer. !6 years? That's nowt, try being baht a home for 21 years (and counting).

:shout:

#30 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:38 PM

...and set for the first week in December.

So, it's one day next week then instead. 

:yahoo:

#31 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

Yes Keith.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users