world best team opinions?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,274 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

Not one person on this thread as mentioned Simon Mannering, and most notably Mount Smart who happens to be a Warriors fan, must say I am a very big fan of his at 13.

Don't see many who can match his work rate and ethic, will always be there or there about's wherever the ball is attack or defence.

Big worry of mine for tomorrow, will make his mark.

Him and Sean O Loughlin are pretty much identical. I chose Gallen due to having more of a physical prescence but he is an outstanding player.

#22 mt smart

mt smart
  • Coach
  • 642 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:00 PM

Not one person on this thread as mentioned Simon Mannering, and most notably Mount Smart who happens to be a Warriors fan, must say I am a very big fan of his at 13. 

Don't see many who can match his work rate and ethic, will always be there or there about's wherever the ball is attack or defence.

Big worry of mine for tomorrow, will make his mark. 

Good spotting with  Mannering.

It gets quite hard to pick when so many world class players are on display and there is so little between some of them.

It depends on your own criteria of course , you could easily start with the Kangaroo Squad and just swap out a few players here and there ( pretty much could get away with Just re gigging the Kangaroo forwards for some English and Kiwi players and not many could argue with that ) .

The 13 ended up Gallen in my team based on these Criteria

1 ) Tournament form ( I have all three even , O'loughlin perhaps sightly off the pace with his injury but for mine that's a marker of his quality the way he is overcoming it )   Mannering as  you say has been everywhere on the Park , but so has Gallen.

2) Who would other players least like to be facing ( Gallen and day light imo )

3) Mental game ( All three are even / Super competitors with big hearts ).

Just on Mannering , you're quite right to watch out for him , he flies under the Radar in games , he has a dangerous little partnership with Shaun Johnson developed this year.

The other player in the Kiwi team that is getting away with being low profile is Frank Paul Nu'usala , he is bagging a few Try's Hitting and spinning at the line while the defence is concentrating on what other people are doing.

Edited by mt smart, 22 November 2013 - 08:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users